Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-25 08:46:24

Pickles
Female (32), USA

A question for the guys who like to carry bigger girls

I have a question for all you guys who like and have carried bigger girls (over 200 lbs) on your shoulders. I am a bigger girl, and recently, I have met a guy who can lift me on his shoulders. I really enjoy the experience, as I like the sensation of being on his shoulders. And I can feel his strength as he lifts me up. However, we have a problem with balance and must hold onto something to keep from falling. He is very strong, so I don't think his strength is the issue. But my question is, when you have carried a bigger girl on your shoulders, have you had success at walking around with her on your shoulders, or have you had to hold onto something? And if you have had success at walking around with her on your shoulders, was it you (the carrier) who was doing the balancing, or does the rider have to position herself in a certain way? Also, did the girls you carried have upper body fat distribution or lower body fat? I have more upper body fat, but I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Any advice (without degrading comments to me or to the guy) is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :-)

Last edited by Pickles (2018-08-25 10:37:14)

#2 2018-08-25 11:21:18

movieyou2003
Male (27), China

Re: A question for the guys who like to carry bigger girls

Pickles wrote:

I have a question for all you guys who like and have carried bigger girls (over 200 lbs) on your shoulders. I am a bigger girl, and recently, I have met a guy who can lift me on his shoulders. I really enjoy the experience, as I like the sensation of being on his shoulders. And I can feel his strength as he lifts me up. However, we have a problem with balance and must hold onto something to keep from falling. He is very strong, so I don't think his strength is the issue. But my question is, when you have carried a bigger girl on your shoulders, have you had success at walking around with her on your shoulders, or have you had to hold onto something? And if you have had success at walking around with her on your shoulders, was it you (the carrier) who was doing the balancing, or does the rider have to position herself in a certain way? Also, did the girls you carried have upper body fat distribution or lower body fat? I have more upper body fat, but I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Any advice (without degrading comments to me or to the guy) is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :-)

I would use him as my seat then, to watch TV etc, with him sitting so no balancing problems. Or to train him every day for some ride, I think it’s his job as horse  to keep you balanced and safe, punish him by kicking his ribs or squeezing his neck if he fails, he will get better eventually, but takes a lot of training though.

#3 2018-08-25 17:34:07

patrick20020
Male, USA

I am not especially strong and I have not had to hold on to anything. But, balance is certainly an issue with a top heavy ride and it is a mutual effort between the carrier and the rider.

Send me an email if you like....happy to talk more!

#4 2018-08-26 09:22:22

Pickles
Female (32), USA

Thank you for your replies. :-)
I do also know that both the carrier and rider have to work together for balance. (for Patrick) How do you achieve balance when you have carried bigger girls? How do you stand, and how is she seated on you? Do you have pictures that show this stance, so I can get an idea of what I or we are doing wrong?
Thanks.

#5 2018-08-26 14:06:59

patrick20020
Male, USA

Pickles- I don't have pictures of my personal experiences to share publicly but there are pics out there of big women riding on shoulders.  I don't recall standing an the differently with a heavy rider than with a lighter one. Perhaps I widened my stance or made other adjustments subconsciously.   Her seating would depend on her body type and shape. For example, if she has a big belly it can be difficult to get seated in a good forward position. I have seen guys use some bad techniques when trying to lift and carry a bigger woman too.

Last edited by patrick20020 (2018-08-26 16:21:04)

#6 2018-08-26 17:30:10

Audreyb

Pickles.:

I'm not  a big girl  myself  but I have two  women friends who  are much larger and still manage  to ride on  the shoulders  of men smaller than  themselves. One is somewhat over  250  lbs.  and the other over 200 lbs.  Both are more  bottom heavy but the  smaller of the two  has been riding on her husband's shoulders for  over 10 years and has got him  to  carry her for up to two miles  without any rest periods during her ride. The  husband/carrier  is 25lbs lighter than she is  and she told me that she has no problem keeping her  balance  while sitting on him .  She  believes,  and I agree that the  carrier has a  responsibility to  position himself and walk in  a manner  that  keeps her  balanced .

My 250+lbs.  friend has only recently started  to ride on her  carrier's shoulders  and has  a similar  concern  about keeping her balance. She  enjoys  riding on  her carriers but  so far  has limited  her riding to  indoors until  she is  confident in his ability  to carrier her  on outdoor rides.  She prefers  to sit on  his back in the  all fours  position  which of course is  impractical  for outdoor riding activities.

A male  friend who  rides on several different  men is  also  top heavy  though  he  is somewhat smaller than you are.
He is very  demanding of his carriers  and from  what I  have  witnessed, rather  casual concerning balance when  sitting on one of them. The carriers  are very  diligent in balancing him  on their shoulders    and  having them  trained to keep  you  balanced  on top of them  may be the  key  to  such issues.

In any case I  commend you  for not  allowing  your  size to be a deterrent to  your  enjoyment of this activity.
Always  try  to  remember  that  as the rider, you are in  charge just as you  would be  riding a  horse  or any other beast of burden. Regardless of any other aspect of your relationship  with  the carrier,  your  enjoyment of  the activity  is  primary   and  his is to serve for as long as  you  re sitting on him.

#7 2018-08-27 06:42:39

Pickles
Female (32), USA

Thank you again for your replies :-)
To Audrey: Did you happen to ever see your two bigger friends during their shoulder riding times? Did you happen to notice how they were sitting, particularly the 250+ one? I am right in the middle of their weights at 220lbs, and I have more upper body weight than lower. So maybe it's my upper body that is making me top heavy and unable to balance? I don't really know. I guess I just want to know if there is a certain way I should be sitting on his shoulders that would keep me from having the tendency of falling backwards. We have worked out ways that I can still be on his shoulders but not fall, like us both hanging onto something like a tree or fence, or where he is sitting down with his back up against something, and I am on his shoulders with my back supported against whatever it is that he is against. But we both, especially he, wants to be able to walk with me on his shoulders. He exercises a lot, so he is very strong and has no trouble lifting me up.
Thank you for your encouragement. I am very happy I have been able to ride in his shoulders, even if we are walking anywhere. I enjoy it very much, and he does too. :-)

#8 2018-08-27 06:59:04

trigger
Male (38), India

While sitting on his shoulders...You should not put or push your Tummy on his head..that is very difficult and creates imbalance.

Another thing you should try is Hold his hands...while riding me..that will help in keep balance..

Dont bend forward while Shoulder riding him....Try to sit on shoulders as straight back as possible..

I am a horse..and telling you from my experiences of carrying heavy girls..

If you anytime coming to India...you have a horse here...for rides..

Thanks

The Horse

#9 2018-08-28 02:55:20

Audreyb

Pickles:

Please forgive  any misconception I  may  have  concerning  your figure but  sight unseen, I must imagine that  with  your weight in your  upper body, you  have something of a  tummy.
If  this is the case,  you  should  not  sit  on  your carrier's shoulders while  pulling his head into  your tummy.  This would only serve  to shift  your weight backward  , making you less  stable  on him.

Instead, sit as far  forward as possible. This  will probably require him  to  bend his  neck  forward of course  but he should still be able to see  where he is going.   You may of course lean  forward as well but  only enough  to maintain  your seat. It's usually best if you have his  shoulders at least partially supporting your  buttocks so  that your  spinal  column  is as  closely aligned with his  as possible. 
To  find your  proper  sitting position you  might experiment with  sitting on  him with  his back  against a  wall  and your back against  the wall on top of him.   In that position,  try crossing your ankles in  front of his torso  instead of  tucked behind his arms and have him move a few  inches away from  the wall  and see  if  you feel comfortable and stable in  that position.  You  may have to  adjust until  you are  comfortable sitting there and  he is  confident  in  balancing you.

I have  watch  both of  my friends  riding their respective carriers several  times .  The  lighter  one (200 lbs +) moves  around  quite a bit ,  sitting both forward and back at times while her  husband is required to keep her balanced. I  know that she  moves  because his shoulders are not as  comfortable to  sit on  as she would like and she  moves  to  relieve the pressure on her thighs and have his body support her buttocks.  I know this because I have had  experience sitting on bony shoulders myself.

The  Heavier  lady (250 lbs) is  relatively  new to shoulder riding. He  carrier is  a  dedicated  admirer of hers  and she very  much  enjoyed sitting on his back in the all fours  position,  but was afraid of shoulder riding  for  the same reasons  you're having  problems.  I convinced her that  she could  sit on his shoulders or  find  a man she  could  feel more confident on.  They  started with experimenting with him  sitting on an easy chair while she sat on his shoulders astride his neck.   They  practiced  this position  until she  found it  comfortable  and he became used to  her weight on his back and neck.
He was  not an  enthusiastic carrier but he is quite  dedicated to her happiness and  like your carrier,  he has  been  trying to  build up  his strength and endurance to please her  so  she  doesn't  choose a better man for  the purpose.  Since I suggested the activity, I  witnessed  their  progress many times  and she feels  confident enough  to  ride on his shoulders indoors  but not outdoors yet.
I don't  know  how tall you are  but  my friend is almost 5ft 10 in  tall.  So  even though she is bottom  heavy, balance  is still a factor.  But it  really is  the responsibility of the carrier to balance and support the rider's weight  just  as it would be his  responsibility  to  do so carrying anything.

#10 2018-09-03 21:46:26

AAA+
Bonus member
Male (50+), germany

I once carried a young lady on the shoulders 1,98 m tall and "216 lbs. Heavy to lift we needed to stop at the closet but then I carried her free. for her it was a new experience after a short unscience very good felt on

#11 2018-09-03 23:03:49

bergt
Bonus member
Male (57), Finland

I have carried woman, who weight 140 kg (309 lb). I have lot of pictures in my pc about my carries. She is very strong and compete in shot put in international level. At first she was afraid I can't carry her because I weight 40 kg (88 lb) less than she but I promised I can carry her. I couldn't lift her from ground so she had to mount on my shoulders from chair. She said it was her first time on shoulder - and all went well until I had to let her down. My legs hurt :-(

I haven't had balance problems because my body is always straight so that is easy for woman to sit on my shoulders.
In Creece I said to girls: "you can't fall down from my shoulders even if you try your best". Some girls didn't believe me so I said "let's compete, girls ride on my shoulders and do anything to make me collapsed or make me drop girl down - and if you manage fall down, I give you xxxx euros." There were women, who weights 65 kg, 85 kg, 98 kg and 75 kg, which jump on my shoulders, sit on my back of neck squeezing hard, doing anything but I was standing up and I didn't let women fall down until last woman scratch her fingernails my arm so I had to go down quickly and push her away :-(  so I lost that bet but she was unfair...

Yes, carrier can hold by hands woman's legs so it's impossible to for her to fall down even if woman's balance is miserable.

Bergt

#12 2018-09-04 01:29:54

freedom
Bonus member
Male (44), USA

Heavier girls are the best. Heaviest I have had was 180pounds. This was at a concert. I held her up for 45 minutes. Had to take a break then held her up again for about 30 minutes. Was a great experience.

#13 2018-09-04 03:02:51

Pickles
Female (32), USA

Hi y'all,
Thank you for all of your responses. It sounds like you have had quite a lot of experiences carrying girls.
To Audreyb: Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate the detail you put into describing how to stand and sit. No misconception. Yes, I do have more of a belly, so his head is pushed forward more so already. I am short, only 5ft. He is 5'10''. The next time we do shoulder riding, I will remember and try out your posture suggestions.

#14 2018-10-09 15:24:04

ccccccc
Male (28), China

Hi

movieyou2003 wrote:

Pickles wrote:

I would use him as my seat then, to watch TV etc, with him sitting so no balancing problems. Or to train him every day for some ride, I think it’s his job as horse  to keep you balanced and safe, punish him by kicking his ribs or squeezing his neck if he fails, he will get better eventually, but takes a lot of training though.

I enjoy shoulder riding

#15 2018-10-09 16:58:03

forbereit
Male (36), SERBIA
Website

in my opinion and experience, riding girl is in position to find her comfortable and secure on shoulders using a few tricks

first sit enough deep where is the beginning  of neck
than straight your back
and lock your feet behind his back while he holds your legs with his hands...

It is simple.....

Regards

Forbereit

#16 2018-10-15 00:40:45

Carrier
Male (26), Spain

Pickles wrote:

Hi, is not a problem of strength, is a problem of balance. your balance is taller when you carried other person, he need open and bent the legs. i want carried you

#17 2018-10-15 20:03:24

Sussexman

I have had girls up to 230lbs on my shoulders, no problem.
So long as they steady themselves by holding on to something next to a wall say as you lift, then once they are up, you just tuck their legs behind your back/shoulders and hold their legs in place firmly with your arms. This gives a nice steady tower, and gives the girl confidence that you are not going to drop them.

Board footer