Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-26 14:30:01

Audreyb

Legal Slavery?

Let me start  by  saying  I'm  not  in  any way  advocating   slavery or  legalizing  such an institution.
The overall  moral  and ethical aspects should be eliminated for the  purpose of  this  question  which is  hypothetical.

The  question is for riders  and  carriers . 

1, In  a  society where it was  legal and common  to purchase a human  slave,  would you  consider doing so specifically  for the  purpose of riding on
his/her  shoulders  or , carrying  him/her  if  you  are a  carrier? 

2,If  you  purchased  this slave for  other reasons,  would  you occasionally  put him/her  to use as a  carrier  or  a  rider?

3, what  age, size,  race  and gender of slave  would you  choose  to purchase  for this  task?

4, do  you think it would be relatively  common  to see the  slaves  used for  this task  publically if slavery  was an  acceptable  and legal practice?

#2 2016-05-27 04:47:12

trigger
Male (38), India

Re: Legal Slavery?

Hello Audrey ...

Well First of all, if this becomes the scenario - I will be the happiest person..

But the question is Whether the Slave or Carrier Like me Have its choice or not - Like in present case, I only want to be ridden by Female Riders.

If I become a slave, I will loose this freedom - which I will not agree to.

So concern here is of Willful Slaves or we can say - Role Plays between two agreeable parties.

Thanks.

The Horse

#3 2016-05-27 15:11:02

Audreyb

trigger:  I don't see  a  problem  in that the  way I  worded the question,  you could simply  buy a  female slave who  would be required to let you  carry  her on your shoulders.

Obviously, having  a  master  carry a  slave would be counterintuitive ,  but you  could order her to behave as your  master in  this scenario for as long as she is sitting on you. The choices would still be  yours  and you could order her  to be as  dominant as  you choose.
It  wouldn't  be as  real  as it  might  be if  you were  a  real slave,  but   the choices would still be  yours  alone  and  the lucky  slave girl would  likely  do her  best to  fulfill your  desires  since her  position  as a slave could of course be  much  worse.

Again I  emphasize  that I do not advocate slavery. I'm  simply curious about the  choices  people would  make without  regard for  any current moral or ethical issues  being involved.

#4 2016-05-28 08:26:39

trigger
Male (38), India

Audrey -

Ya ur right in this case..I can buy a slave girl and let her ride me...

But its still happening , not in a legal sense, but yes informally.

If you take my case - I have got 100 percent Paid Rides -

- I pay the girl to ride me, she does it like what i want, even i choose with my preference, like sometime I go to heavy girls / Light / young /Old..etc etc..even 2 girls at a time

Though I am out of pocket and hardly have any savings, but yes I have fulfilled my desires.

Just sharing my views.

Thanks.

The Horse

#5 2016-05-28 19:05:58

servusmulierum
Male (63), FRANCE

Thanks, Audrey for raising such an interesting issue  ... !

A slave is someone who is deprived of all his human rights, and forced to obey all orders from his master/Mistress ...
He will therefore be put to work, usually 12 hours a day, on a 365/365 basis ...   And THAT is, I believe, the very reason why you would buy a slave : His work force! Not his SR ability.

That being said, part of his duties could be to be used as a transportation mean... This could be done in a shoulder riding mode, but in that way, the slave won't carry you very far, nor very long  .. Let's say 30 minutes, 2 km, if you're light, if he is strong. More probably you will use your slave as a rickshaw-puller, where he would be much more efficient as a transportation mean!

Now, what kind of slave would you buy ?? Well, you will not wish to be a racist on top of being a slaver, will you   smile  ? So you will select your slave, not on his race, but only on his estimated capacities : He should be young, strong,submissive  ... Strength being a key factor, you will probably purchase a male ...

What about public SR ? In former English/French... african colonies, black "servants" were commonly used to pull rickshaws, or carry sedan-chairs, and it was quite common. SR was probably less frequent, for the above mentioned reason, which is that SR is not an efficient way to provide long-range transportation. But as a game, it was probably possible ... (I used "" with the word servant, because, in the "good old time", less than 100 years ago, african servants were closer to slaves than to servants !).

Now what about legal slavery per se ? It seems to me it was abolished end 19th century partly because it was immoral, but mainly because of its lack of efficiency and flexibility versus the use of machinery and paid workers in a world of abundant and cheap energy. However, by abolishing ALL forms of slavery, the legislator also forbade VOLUNTARY slavery ... This could be an infringement on personal Liberty ?! And the reason why you won't find any good pony slave in our "humanrightist" world ... smile

#6 2016-05-28 23:15:10

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

What a great subject, Audrey. Here in the UK we have a record number of slaves. I'm talking specifically about real slaves who are employed by mainly foreigners living in the UK or foreign-born residents in the UK. Most slaves perform unpaid domestic chores, usually for 12-18 hours a day and, yes, some of them are used by their masters and mistresses for... you know what. But I haven't heard of any being shoulder-rode by the masters or mistresses but it might happen, who knows?

Would I buy a slave if it was legal to do so? YES! Besides doing all my housework, cooking, shopping, gardening, I would naturally want to enjoy myself (on a daily/nightly basis) by having a very satisfying ride on his shoulders. I say 'his' rather than 'her' because I don't think many females would be able to give me the kind of shoulder ride I'd be looking for.

As for public shoulder riding, well, if it became acceptable to ride around on your slave's shoulders then I'll happily ride publically on my slave's shoulders. To be realist though I don't think it would be acceptable for masters and mistresses to ride around on their slaves' shoulders in public.

It has to be remembered, of course, that a slave is the master's or mistress's property. So a master or mistress can do what he likes with his or her property (although there are likely to be laws against ill-treating your slave or killing one that you own.

I remember reading in a history book many years ago that an Indian princeling (a boy of 13) had a personal slave and one of the things he liked to do was ride on his slave's shoulders around the family's estate. The boy was probably bone idle and because he had a personal slave he made use of him to carry him around.

But maybe Audrey's question is irrelevant. You don't actually need to buy or own a slave to enjoy a bit of shoulder riding. As members of this community know, there are quite a few human ponies who are very happy to give a rider a ride. Saying that, I wouldn't mind buying and riding a really muscular male slave who, with a whip in my hand, I could ride until he dropped!

#7 2016-05-29 18:24:34

Audreyb

checkmateguy:  I was  actually interested in  your  input  especially,  because it was partially  your  information  concerning  riding Korean  salt workers  that got me to think  about this subject.

The  reason I  used the  hypothetical issue of real slavery in  a morally and  legally accepted manner  isn't  because  I couldn't  find a  willing  man  to  carry  me,  but rather  because I  think  it would be  interesting  to have  such a person  completely at my  disposal without  regard  to  his  desires in  any  way. 
I  would of course choose  a male slave as well  for  practical  reasons since  I wouldn't be using him exclusively to  ride  upon. His  strength and efforts  would be put to  whatever task  I  required and carry  me  only  when  I  chose  but  also for as long as I  chose.

I fully appreciate  your situation  as well. Currently,  you  choose  your carriers from  among  those who willingly  carry  you  and willingly  obey  your orders.
I  can only assume  that  you enjoy  riding him for a  longer period than  he enjoys  carrying you,  just as I do. You are of  course limited to  your  carriers  endurance  even if he is  masochistic  since  you will  probably want to  ride him  again in the future.

But  if you  had  a  young  muscular  slave,  you could sit on  him  without regard to  his desires, spur  him  on beyond  his  limits each  time  and ride him until  he dropped beneath you  as you said. You  may of course put him  to other tasks as you see  fit  since he  would be your  property  just as  a  horse your  car  or  your  furniture might  be.
As for "killing"  a slave, I  doubt it would  be  legal,  but it would seem  a  waste  of  money  to do  so.  You  wouldn't ride a  horse  until it died  or destroy  your  car because it  failed to  start  some  morning. So  killing a slave would be equally impractical.  Discipline might  be  required of  course  but I'm  sure  that there would be recommended  humane ways of  administering such  discipline.
Perhaps one of those collars that dog  trainers  use  to train  hunting  dogs  that  give  varying degrees of electric  shocks?

You could still be reasonable with  your  slave in most cases. But  you  could push  his  limits well beyond  what a  voluntary  carrier  might endure  until  his endurance  increased  to the  point that  he  could carry you as  far and as  long as  you  want  in any  manner you  want  for as long as  you  own  him.

#8 2016-05-31 05:13:02

Audreyb

servusmulierum: I was trying to keep the subject as amoral as possible out of curiosity concerning what people would choose  if  moral  and ethical issues were  taken out  of the equation.
Race  would have  no barring   and as such,  neither would  racism  which it's  is a subject I care  little  about.

As for  practicality, using a slave  to  pull  a  rickshaw or some such  conveyance ,this would be the  most  obviously practical use for a slave supplying  transportation.

However, human  powered transport is  not the subject  or interest  of those  on this  forum. The interest is in  sitting astride and riding  upon another shoulders or  being  ridden in this  manner. Since this is  not specifically about  black  slavery ,male or female  dominance or age dominance, it  can be assumed that both  masters and slaves would be of all  races, both  genders  and any sexual  persuasion.
For example,  a  black gay  male could  choose to purchase and ride a heterosexual Caucasian male or female  if  that was his choice.

Clearly  the  choice of  the slave wouldn't be a  factor  but the  choice of the purchaser/rider would obviously  be. A  male  might  well choose a female carrier or a  female use a  male or  female carrier,  limited  only  by the affordability of the available  slaves.
I might  for example  choose a  younger male who can grow into  the task and  gain  physical  strength and stamina as I grow  older and  potentially  heavier. I  might  even  choose a gay  male who  would have  no sexual interest in  women,  though I find this  unlikely, or even  a  eunuch if such  were available  simply to  avoid  complications.

Given  these parameters, my  question  to  you  would  be "what would you  be  looking for  if  you  were  buying a  slave to carry  you on his or her shoulders"?

Or,  if you would  prefer (like  Trigger) what type would you choose  to carry on  your shoulders?

#9 2016-05-31 12:33:06

servusmulierum
Male (63), FRANCE

Thanks for your question, Audrey !

First of all, if slavery was legal again, I would want to be a slave, not a master .... So, as You said, "the choice of a slave wouldn't be a factor", but at least I may express what my préférences would be, being well aware that no one would care  ...

As I am straight, I would prefer to be owned by a Mistress... As I have a strong pony fetish, I would want her to like shoulder riding, ans use me that way as often as possible. As I am aging, I believe my performance "under the saddle" would be lousy, and getting worse all the time ... sad  ... Some harsh discipline would certainly improve my performance level, but I doubt it might ever level up with a normally demanding Mistress' expectations .... sad ...

I don't have any other preference as regards the Mistress who would own me ... She could be black or white, old or Young, pretty or not, heavy or light, nice or wicked, straight or gay, or bi, single or married, .... I would love and serve with devotion any kind of Mistress ..

But I know that I could be "purchased" by a male master, and it would be much more difficult to me ... But again, "the choice of a slave is not a factor ..." !!!!

When the times come, Audrey please buy me !! Even if I am not a great " SR pony" I have a lot of other qualifications which you might be interested in ... smile

#10 2016-05-31 14:21:52

Audreyb

servusmulierum: As I  said to  Trigger, Though doing so  would be  counterintuitive, it would be  possible  for you  to purchase  a slave  to ride  and dominate  you  to  your  specifications. I  imagine such an  arrangement would be very  much  like hiring  a  dominatrix prostitute .  Perhaps you  would find such an  arrangement   artificial , but  it would have it's advantages. You  would at  least  not be  subject to  carrying a  male since  you  seem  to find that prospect unappealing.

To be fair  in this  inquirer , I did give some thought to  the hypothetical prospect of taking  a  slave (you?)  who  is  older, weaker  or infirm.  I  would have  no ethical objection to riding such a person who chose his  position (not a legal  slave)  and I would still want  full  control  as I believe  that anything  other than  full  control  by the rider is artificial.

However, I'm  simply  not certain I  would be  comfortable sitting on the shoulders of an  old legally  owned slave  who  has  no say in the matter and  might die  beneath  me. I am  normally quite  dominant and  considered  demanding in  my  relationships.  But  the prospect of doing serious  physical  damage to someone who  has  not  offended  me is  not really part of my  nature.  The  "ride him  until  he drops and dies" scenario has an admittedly  sadistic appeal in  fantasy,  but I'm  not certain I could  withhold empathy in regard to  a  human  or  even a more  conventional  beast of  burden  who had  no  choice  in  his fate.

In  considering specifics, adding the  prospect of  someone  choosing  to become  my  legal property(you)  who chooses the role  of my beast of  burden, I might be  more inclined  disregard compassion.

#11 2016-06-01 23:49:08

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

Reading all this makes me think that someone somewhere ought to open a weekend holiday camp where slaves and masters/mistresses can get together and indulge their passions such as, in this case, riding and carrying each other.

The main point or attraction about shoulder riding is that a rider, for example, who is sat astride a human pony's shoulders can enjoy the rather rare experience of having direct physical and psychological control over another person.

Conversely, a human pony who has another person sat astride his or her shoulders can enjoy the same rather rare experience of being subjected to direct physical and psychological control by that person who is riding him or her. So a well-built muscular man who has a slim young woman sat astride his shoulders can find out what it feels like to be dominated and controlled by such a woman.

In a different way, an older woman who has a shoulder ride on a man can enjoy the experience of controlling him and dominating him in a way that ordinarily she would never be able to do. Having power and control over another person can be an aphrodisiac.

But in this odd world, there is no need to buy a slave (if it was possible and legal to buy one) because there are plenty of people who will willingly and happily be someone's slave and do anything that is commanded of them. To fulfil your desire, all you have to do is search for someone who is willing to be your slave. Incidentally, I own a guy in Italy who is my slave, or so he tells me, and he even sent me a certificate stating that he is my property. Maybe I should sell him?

#12 2016-06-02 04:47:22

trigger
Male (38), India

Well...Holiday Camp seems to be the Best Idea..

But Audrey...Apart from all this - Can you pls tell or have views like why so less number of females like riding ..

I haven't come across even 5 Females in whole India ..who would like to ride..or on social platform expressing their interests.

If you can tell being a female.

Thanks.

The Horse

#13 2016-06-02 18:40:58

servusmulierum
Male (63), FRANCE

I replied to Audrey , about two hours ago.... But my message doesn't appear ...... I'll wait a little more ???????

#14 2016-06-04 17:15:03

servusmulierum
Male (63), FRANCE

Audreyb wrote:

servusmulierum: As I  said to  Trigger, Though doing so  would be  counterintuitive, it would be  possible  for you  to purchase  a slave  to ride  and dominate  you  to  your  specifications. I  imagine such an  arrangement would be very  much  like hiring  a  dominatrix prostitute .  Perhaps you  would find such an  arrangement   artificial , but  it would have it's advantages. You  would at  least  not be  subject to  carrying a  male since  you  seem  to find that prospect unappealing.

To be fair  in this  inquirer , I did give some thought to  the hypothetical prospect of taking  a  slave (you?)  who  is  older, weaker  or infirm.  I  would have  no ethical objection to riding such a person who chose his  position (not a legal  slave)  and I would still want  full  control  as I believe  that anything  other than  full  control  by the rider is artificial.

However, I'm  simply  not certain I  would be  comfortable sitting on the shoulders of an  old legally  owned slave  who  has  no say in the matter and  might die  beneath  me. I am  normally quite  dominant and  considered  demanding in  my  relationships.  But  the prospect of doing serious  physical  damage to someone who  has  not  offended  me is  not really part of my  nature.  The  "ride him  until  he drops and dies" scenario has an admittedly  sadistic appeal in  fantasy,  but I'm  not certain I could  withhold empathy in regard to  a  human  or  even a more  conventional  beast of  burden  who had  no  choice  in  his fate.

In  considering specifics, adding the  prospect of  someone  choosing  to become  my  legal property(you)  who chooses the role  of my beast of  burden, I might be  more inclined  disregard compassion.

Good morning, Ms Audrey,

Please accept my apologies for a late reply  ... I sent a first mail a few days ago which mysteriously disappeared ...

I said that I was in total agreement with Your previous message, especially as regards the full control of the rider on his/Her mount, and also the lack of compassion you would feel for a voluntary slave ... Not that an unvoluntary slave should get any REAL compassion, but, well just a little more. Perhaps smile

And I love it when You suggest that I might be Your pony-slave, first with a questionmark, and then with no more questionmark ... As if, with every line You wrote, that lovely idea was gaining consistency .... smile Thank You, I am very grateful for that.  I confirm in return my dear wish to be Your property ...

Now, as regards that other, "counterintuitive", suggestion of Yours, to buy a slave and make Her my riding Mistress ... At first I scratched my head, but, on a second thought, You're right, it has its advantages !  It's in fact very smart! Actually, I think it was not uncommon in societies where slavery was legal. ( BTW, is it Franklin or Jefferson, who lived, as husband and wife, with his black slave ???).

So, finally, when legal slavery is at last reestablished, if You wouldn't wish to buy me ... I could perhaps buy You ..!!  In both options, as in a fairy tale, we shall live happy, and have many rides  ..... smile

#15 2016-06-06 05:18:01

Audreyb

servusmulierum: Though the  arrangement has little evidential  support,  it was  Jefferson  who  allegedly  lived with  his  slave as a  pseudo wife while ambassador to  France.  There are  many  versions of what was involved  in  this alleged relationship  and  the story  has as many detractors as supporters.   Jefferson might have simply  spared  the woman in  question from a less preferable fate since it is  known  that  Jefferson's estate was  mortgaged  and he  didn't  really  "own"  the slaves working there as they were  by  law,  part of the estate.

In that the question was  hypothetical, I put  myself in the  position of slave owner rather than  slave.
However,  since I  encounter  more  submissives and  masochistic  men  than dominant,  I can imagine  being  a slave  purchased by  a submissive male who  might want me to  dominate  him  including  riding on his shoulders.

Obviously such  an  arrangement  would be preferable even if  I had  no  choice in the  manner, duration or direction of such  domination. In  any event  I would much  prefer  to sit  upon  my  master  than  to be sat upon  by him(or  her?)

#16 2016-06-06 05:47:47

Audreyb

checkmateguy: In that  my  question/scenario was  hypothetical, based exclusively  on the  choices and  opinions  of the  membership  here,  I prefer  not to disagree with  any expressed opinion and certainly  not  to  defend the  practicality involved.

Based on my experiences in  general (since  specifically shoulder riding is  comparatively  rare  for  me) I  find the  number of submissives usually outnumber  willing  dominants in  both   gay  and heterosexual circles.
As such,  if  a  holiday camp  such as you described were  to  meet, I  imagine that  neither of us would have an  opportunity to  sit down without submissives  vying to be  beneath  us,  since  I  believe such a  camp  would attract the  most extreme.

However,  getting back to  the original  subject,  the first advantage  I  considered in the  legal  slavery  scenario   would  be  the lack of  choice for the slaves involved. My slave  being  put to  the use  of  carrying  me or whoever I wanted him to  carry.
A willing  masochist  might  serve in this capacity  out of  his free  will ,but not without  consideration.
A  free masochist would still have to deal  with the  business  of  living, family responsibilities, jobs,  commitments etc.

A  slave would be  there and ready on  command  and only  your consideration would matter. You alone decide how  long you  ride and  the  manner you  choose. The slave  can't  quit and seek  a new  master. He can't say he is  too tired  or sore from  your previous ride. The  use of  crops and spurs would be your choice alone.

#17 2017-02-02 03:08:31

Dragon
Male (28), America

Audreyb wrote:

checkmateguy:  I was  actually interested in  your  input  especially,  because it was partially  your  information  concerning  riding Korean  salt workers  that got me to think  about this subject.

The  reason I  used the  hypothetical issue of real slavery in  a morally and  legally accepted manner  isn't  because  I couldn't  find a  willing  man  to  carry  me,  but rather  because I  think  it would be  interesting  to have  such a person  completely at my  disposal without  regard  to  his  desires in  any  way. 
I  would of course choose  a male slave as well  for  practical  reasons since  I wouldn't be using him exclusively to  ride  upon. His  strength and efforts  would be put to  whatever task  I  required and carry  me  only  when  I  chose  but  also for as long as I  chose.

I fully appreciate  your situation  as well. Currently,  you  choose  your carriers from  among  those who willingly  carry  you  and willingly  obey  your orders.
I  can only assume  that  you enjoy  riding him for a  longer period than  he enjoys  carrying you,  just as I do. You are of  course limited to  your  carriers  endurance  even if he is  masochistic  since  you will  probably want to  ride him  again in the future.

But  if you  had  a  young  muscular  slave,  you could sit on  him  without regard to  his desires, spur  him  on beyond  his  limits each  time  and ride him until  he dropped beneath you  as you said. You  may of course put him  to other tasks as you see  fit  since he  would be your  property  just as  a  horse your  car  or  your  furniture might  be.
As for "killing"  a slave, I  doubt it would  be  legal,  but it would seem  a  waste  of  money  to do  so.  You  wouldn't ride a  horse  until it died  or destroy  your  car because it  failed to  start  some  morning. So  killing a slave would be equally impractical.  Discipline might  be  required of  course  but I'm  sure  that there would be recommended  humane ways of  administering such  discipline.
Perhaps one of those collars that dog  trainers  use  to train  hunting  dogs  that  give  varying degrees of electric  shocks?

You could still be reasonable with  your  slave in most cases. But  you  could push  his  limits well beyond  what a  voluntary  carrier  might endure  until  his endurance  increased  to the  point that  he  could carry you as  far and as  long as  you  want  in any  manner you  want  for as long as  you  own  him.

Interesting topic...

If I were your slave Audreyb, I would like to carry you. And if you would not use me exclusively to  ride  upon. It would be not very enjoyable to be your slave... Why you do not buy other slave? I would be your pony and the other guy can make the other tasks. Just an idea.

About discipline... how would you punish your slave with  one of those collars that dog  trainers use to train hunting dogs giving them varying degrees of electric shocks?

#18 2017-02-02 14:50:56

Audreyb

Dragon:

In  a  true  case of  legal  slavery  the  desires of the slave would have  no  more baring on his/her  master's  choices than  a vehicle would on the  driver's choice of  destinations. I imagine that  in  such a  scenario the  slave would be very  much  like  livestock, put  to  whatever  use at  the  owns  will or whim.   If  I  wanted him  to scrub  and  polish  floors, pull  a  rickshaw  or  sit  upon his shoulders as  transport or simple enjoyment,  his  desire or  preference to  scrub  floor or  to be  sat on would be  meaningless  and  he would have no  say at all  in  regard to who  he would be  required to  serve  or  carry. At that  point he would  not be a  person   but rather  property. 
The  master's treatment of the  slave would be based on  the desires and opinions of the  master   though I would  imagine that  financial and practical  factors would be  involved in  such  decisions.  The  master would choose what the slave  wore as  clothing  and his  choice of  diet  etc.  as well as  medical care since a  slave would be a  financial investment  for  his  owner. I would imagine  excessive  punishment, feeding the  slave  table scraps  or  working him until he  dropped to decrease  the slaves  value  if  the master considered selling him  to  another  master ,rather like  one  might trade in  a vehicle  for  a  newer  model.

As  for the  shock  collar, hunters and dog trainers use  these  devices  to train  dogs to perform  as the trainer desires. The settings  allow the  trainer  to  give  the  dog a  sufficient shock  from a  gentle reminder  to   serious discomfort  or  pain.  It  isn't to  torture the animal  but rather  to teach  obedience. 
If,  for example I  were sitting on  a slaves shoulders  and he wasn't  performing his  task  or  carrying me to the  potential  I wanted,  shock could be administered  to increase  his efforts. Additional disobedience  would result in  a  higher  setting until the slave obeyed  all commands in  anticipation of being  shocked for disobedience.
It would be  more  humane than  using a  whip or  riding crop  and it would  avoid  the scaring that  might  decrease  the slaves  value.
As for  a  second  slave to  preform labors  other than carrying  his  master, the  slaves choices  don't matter  and  of course  the cost of a second slave  plus  feeding  and housing a  second slave  might be  prohibitive .   I  can't imagine   having a  slave  that  carried me exclusively  when I  could  have him do  all my  housework,  yard work  and  maintenance.  I  simply don't require being  carried constantly. I  would probably see riding him  much as I  would see  riding a  horse. More as an  activity  or recreation  than exclusively transportation.

#19 2017-02-04 22:30:27

mastadon777
Male (90), England,London

Interesting,I would appear that there a still wide difference of thoughts as to the use of slaves,these seem to be based in turn
as to the location of the owner. As a furher starting Audrey,where are you located.

Lets have more personal info please

#20 2017-02-07 01:30:59

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb: 

This is some pretty good food for thought, I also do not advocate for slavery but the concept of having a female slave who is required to sit on her master's shoulders is interesting.  I suppose the hope would be that she enjoys her job and would be excited to please her master.  In ancient times when royalty would keep beautiful women around for pleasure they would often be treated as royalty as well and eat the best food, have the best clothes etc.  The terrible part is that they were held against their will and required to please whoever the royalty would ask of them.  If I lived in such a palace back in those times I would treat them like they were queens and carry them around the palace and courtyards all day on my shoulders.  I would encourage them to gain weight and eat as much as they want while providing them the best clothing, jewelry and living quarters.  I wouldn't hold them against their will, I would tell them they are free to come and go as they please but if they are to live like that they must be comfortable with shoulder rides.  I suppose at that point it's more like employment but the idea of being required to sit on their master's shoulders is interesting.

#21 2017-02-07 08:06:01

trigger
Male (38), India

Hi....

I absolutely second your thought ...same wish i have.

guero wrote:

Audreyb: 

This is some pretty good food for thought, I also do not advocate for slavery but the concept of having a female slave who is required to sit on her master's shoulders is interesting.  I suppose the hope would be that she enjoys her job and would be excited to please her master.  In ancient times when royalty would keep beautiful women around for pleasure they would often be treated as royalty as well and eat the best food, have the best clothes etc.  The terrible part is that they were held against their will and required to please whoever the royalty would ask of them.  If I lived in such a palace back in those times I would treat them like they were queens and carry them around the palace and courtyards all day on my shoulders.  I would encourage them to gain weight and eat as much as they want while providing them the best clothing, jewelry and living quarters.  I wouldn't hold them against their will, I would tell them they are free to come and go as they please but if they are to live like that they must be comfortable with shoulder rides.  I suppose at that point it's more like employment but the idea of being required to sit on their master's shoulders is interesting.

The Horse

#22 2017-02-07 08:07:25

trigger
Male (38), India

Audrey -

Legal Slavery is not allowed...Obviously..

But yes..if you wish there are many including me..who can come as slave horses for you to ride on.

You just have to say Yes..

Thanks

The Horse

#23 2017-02-07 19:30:42

Audreyb

mastadon777:

I live in the U.S.A.  in the Midwest.  I  imagine if  I  were to  pursue shoulder riding as a  regular activity I  could acquire  enough  willing carriers to  fulfill my  needs  in  this  pursuit.  I have encountered many submissives and  masochists who have literally  begged to serve  me (actually any  woman) in almost any  capacity  one  might think of.  My   dominant  gay friends  have had  the same experience in this regard  though only  one is  particularly interested in  riding on  shoulders.
I'm  almost  certain  that if I decided to  move in  the  circles where  riding activities were   more  common, finding  carriers wouldn't present much of a problem. To be  honest,  compared to some of the kinky  things  submissive/masochistic men  have offered, sitting on  a man's shoulders  to  be carried would seem  almost  mainstream.

The  hypothetical question of legal  slavery is really  more  about the  thoughts of  the riders  rather than  the  carriers   regardless of  the carriers  motives.   Setting  the  ethics of such a situation  aside for the  purposes of this  discussion, would  the rider desire to  purchase another  human to serve him/her  as a beast of  burden,  perhaps among other tasks  you  might  put the  slave to?
The  desire and willingness  of  the slave having  no  baring on the situation.  He/she would have  no say-so in  regard to  his task exactly as  a  horse has  no choice in who  sits on him,  when  or  for  how  long.  I  eliminated  moral  and ethical considerations  because our society  has instilled these factors  in  us  today.  If such  slavery were commonplace, such  considerations of  ethics ,  morality and  even  empathy  may  be very  different.

#24 2017-02-09 00:26:01

mastadon777
Male (90), England,London

Thank you Audreyb for sensible  and reasoned reply to my ideas,it is interesting to hear the views of others,it what some moght call delicate matters

Lets have more personal info please

#25 2017-02-10 01:59:25

Dragon
Male (28), America

Audreyb wrote:

Dragon:

In  a  true  case of  legal  slavery  the  desires of the slave would have  no  more baring on his/her  master's  choices than  a vehicle would on the  driver's choice of  destinations. I imagine that  in  such a  scenario the  slave would be very  much  like  livestock, put  to  whatever  use at  the  owns  will or whim.   If  I  wanted him  to scrub  and  polish  floors, pull  a  rickshaw  or  sit  upon his shoulders as  transport or simple enjoyment,  his  desire or  preference to  scrub  floor or  to be  sat on would be  meaningless  and  he would have no  say at all  in  regard to who  he would be  required to  serve  or  carry. At that  point he would  not be a  person   but rather  property. 
The  master's treatment of the  slave would be based on  the desires and opinions of the  master   though I would  imagine that  financial and practical  factors would be  involved in  such  decisions.  The  master would choose what the slave  wore as  clothing  and his  choice of  diet  etc.  as well as  medical care since a  slave would be a  financial investment  for  his  owner. I would imagine  excessive  punishment, feeding the  slave  table scraps  or  working him until he  dropped to decrease  the slaves  value  if  the master considered selling him  to  another  master ,rather like  one  might trade in  a vehicle  for  a  newer  model.

As  for the  shock  collar, hunters and dog trainers use  these  devices  to train  dogs to perform  as the trainer desires. The settings  allow the  trainer  to  give  the  dog a  sufficient shock  from a  gentle reminder  to   serious discomfort  or  pain.  It  isn't to  torture the animal  but rather  to teach  obedience. 
If,  for example I  were sitting on  a slaves shoulders  and he wasn't  performing his  task  or  carrying me to the  potential  I wanted,  shock could be administered  to increase  his efforts. Additional disobedience  would result in  a  higher  setting until the slave obeyed  all commands in  anticipation of being  shocked for disobedience.
It would be  more  humane than  using a  whip or  riding crop  and it would  avoid  the scaring that  might  decrease  the slaves  value.
As for  a  second  slave to  preform labors  other than carrying  his  master, the  slaves choices  don't matter  and  of course  the cost of a second slave  plus  feeding  and housing a  second slave  might be  prohibitive .   I  can't imagine   having a  slave  that  carried me exclusively  when I  could  have him do  all my  housework,  yard work  and  maintenance.  I  simply don't require being  carried constantly. I  would probably see riding him  much as I  would see  riding a  horse. More as an  activity  or recreation  than exclusively transportation.

Thanks for your answer Miss Audreyb

I understand your comments.
When I said that if I were your slave, Audreyb, I would like to carry you. And if you would not use me exclusively to ride. It would be not very enjoyable to be your slave. I were not saying I would not want to be your slave or that you do not deserve to be a Mistress, or that I would not obey your commands. If we live in a true case of legal slavery and I were your slave, Audreyb, I would obey all your commands and whims. I just said that I would prefer to carry you (because this topic is about shoulder riding), but I would make whatever task you wanted.

When I said I would prefer to carry my Mistress. I just was trying to say, well, I do not know if it would be a good idea to buy a racing horse to pull a plow. I know it is the Mistress choice, but I do not know if this would be a good idea.

About the shock collar. I understand a little more now.

If you were riding on a slaves shoulders, you said you only would shock him to increase his efforts. Not to torture him.
You said this would be more humane than using a whip. I guess you are right Ms Audreyb. I think I would prefer an electric shock than being whipped. You probably would be a compassinate Mistress, but again in a true legal slavery case, it would be your choice.

#26 2017-02-10 02:19:20

Dragon
Male (28), America

guero wrote:

Audreyb: 

I agree with you that the concept of having a female slave who is required to sit on her master's shoulders is interesting.

And yes, in the ancient age, royalty would keep beautiful women around for pleasure they would often be treated as royalty.

I heard that in the ancient chinese empire, the Emperor had his own city, the forbidden kingdoom and he had more than 1000 beautiful young ladies. These ladies were his wives and they were viewed and treat them in the same way that the royalty. Because the Emperor was a god for his people.

Now that I think about it, a petite, beautifu,l young chinese lady would be easy to carry.  But I would carry a white girl, a black girl, a latin girl, or any other.

However, slavery must be a sad way of life...

#27 2017-02-10 02:43:06

Dragon
Male (28), America

trigger wrote:

Audrey -

- I pay the girl to ride me, she does it like what i want, even i choose with my preference, like sometime I go to heavy girls / Light / young /Old..etc etc..even 2 girls at a time

Though I am out of pocket and hardly have any savings, but yes I have fulfilled my desires.

Just sharing my views.

Thanks.

Two girls at the same time? That must be a good story. And you must be strong Mr Trigger.
Once I saw a wrestler made push ups with two girls sitting on his back.

What were the weight of those girl you carried?

#28 2017-02-10 05:02:54

trigger
Male (38), India

Hi.

Two girls I have carried many times but on donkey back rides. 

In pony rides also. But it's very very difficult to move carrying 2 girls.

Even the girls wanted that one will sit on my shoulder. And other girl I have to carry in my arms. Cradle carry

But that failed.

It was all paid man.

Emptying your pockets basically.

Dragon wrote:

trigger wrote:

Audrey -

Just sharing my views.

Thanks.

Two girls at the same time? That must be a good story. And you must be strong Mr Trigger.

The Horse

#29 2017-02-12 23:31:46

stalot
Male (45), austria

Audreyb
as far as your original question is concerned, i would choose a way, when i am her slavehorse with unlimited use and control, regardless of my will, exposed to her dominant riding desires. Actually this sounds like dream for me.
But because we live on this planet and in this world, i would choose this life for a limited and agreed period of time, after which i could return to my work and "normal" life. (although still having the option to expand the contract time frame)
I believe, this way everybody would be happy, and we still could maintain reality.

#30 2017-02-16 03:08:13

Dragon
Male (28), America

trigger wrote:

Hi.

Two girls I have carried many times but on donkey back rides. 

In pony rides also. But it's very very difficult to move carrying 2 girls.

Even the girls wanted that one will sit on my shoulder. And other girl I have to carry in my arms. Cradle carry

But that failed.

It was all paid man.

Emptying your pockets basically.

Dragon wrote:

trigger wrote:

Audrey -

Just sharing my views.

Thanks.

I understand Mister Trigger.

If the girls wanted that you carry them one sitting on your shoulders. And the   other girl carried in your arms (Cradle carry). It  sounds like an interesting experience.  Why the girls wanted you to carry them like that? They must be dominant.

Once I made push ups with a girl sitting on my back.  She was the girlfriend of a friend. It was a little difficult but it was fun.

Thanks.

#31 2021-07-30 18:08:54

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Audreyb wrote:

Let me start  by  saying  I'm  not  in  any way  advocating   slavery or  legalizing  such an institution.
The overall  moral  and ethical aspects should be eliminated for the  purpose of  this  question  which is  hypothetical.

The  question is for riders  and  carriers . 

1, In  a  society where it was  legal and common  to purchase a human  slave,  would you  consider doing so specifically  for the  purpose of riding on
his/her  shoulders  or , carrying  him/her  if  you  are a  carrier? 

2,If  you  purchased  this slave for  other reasons,  would  you occasionally  put him/her  to use as a  carrier  or  a  rider?

3, what  age, size,  race  and gender of slave  would you  choose  to purchase  for this  task?

4, do  you think it would be relatively  common  to see the  slaves  used for  this task  publically if slavery  was an  acceptable  and legal practice?

I followed the whole interesting discussion.
I only can agree with AudreyB.

If there would exist legal slavery it would be quite normal having slaves and using them as slaves.
And suitable slaves would of course be used as human ponies as well as beasts of burden.
In the colonies it was quite normal using people for riding or transport.

#32 2021-08-01 03:22:01

caballito
Bonus member
Male (In his sixties), South America

The question is for riders and riddens.

1. In a society where it is legal and common to contract services at the will of the employer. Would you consider doing it specifically for the purpose of riding your subordinate on his / her shoulders; or, if you are a ridden, being ridden by he / she?

I would consider signing this contract with a beautiful female employer; she would ride me when, how and where she wanted; but this contract has its risk: being subject to her will, she can command me to be ridden by other people (even people who are not to my liking, like her husband).

Also, I would love to hire women to ride me.

2. If you hired this subordinate for other reasons. Would you occasionally use him / her as a ridden or rider?

If my female subordinate is beautiful, and my female rider subordinate is unavailable, I would beg her to ride me and she would ride me.

3. What age, size, ethnicity, and gender of subordinate would you choose to hire for this task?

Only people of legal age or financially independent can enter into contracts.

Adult size, from 5 feet (150 cm) to taller.

Ethnic group? I do not make distinctions, although I would prefer women from Southeast Asia (China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.) because they are beautiful, slim and light weight women, they could ride me greater distances and longer.

Female Gender, of course!

4. Do you think it would be relatively common to see subordinates used for this task publicly if that type of contract is legal and acceptable practice?

Yes, it would be exciting to see women riding men in the street and other public places.

#33 2021-08-01 05:47:54

Audreyb

The responses have all been interesting  from various points of  view.

Setting  aside the moral/ethical aspect of human  slavery as well  as  the practicality in many cases  is difficult for many people who were not raised  in places where slavery was an  accepted practice and  of course I was not.

Still  I wonder if enslaving  humans, much as we currently enslave other animals was considered completely acceptable, we  might see it  differently?

Staying more on the  topic, I might also question  another aspect that was brought up, that  being the use of such slaves as beasts of burden,used for transporting free people in  rickshaws  for  longer  distances, or even riding on  the  slaves shoulders for shorter trips  or entertainment.

I can imagine that in some cases , in polite society , riding a  slaves shoulders could be initially seen as improper, just as ladies riding astride rather  than sidesaddle on  horses was seen as  improper.
However,  as more  women  chose to ride astride,  the practice became acceptable and common.

#34 2021-08-01 08:56:48

caballito
Bonus member

Thanks a lot.

Contracts are voluntary consents for a certain period of time, from the age of majority to the retirement age. (18-70, 18-65, 18-60 or earlier like footballers who retire before 40).

In our streets it is not common to see women riding on the shoulders of men, but if more women did it, it would not seem strange to us.

In Asia there are people who pull rickshaw to transport other people, in other continents this practice is strange.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-hand-pulled-ricks … 76947149.html (New Window)

#35 2021-08-01 12:00:04

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Audreyb wrote:

The responses have all been interesting  from various points of  view.

Setting  aside the moral/ethical aspect of human  slavery as well  as  the practicality in many cases  is difficult for many people who were not raised  in places where slavery was an  accepted practice and  of course I was not.

Still  I wonder if enslaving  humans, much as we currently enslave other animals was considered completely acceptable, we  might see it  differently?

Staying more on the  topic, I might also question  another aspect that was brought up, that  being the use of such slaves as beasts of burden,used for transporting free people in  rickshaws  for  longer  distances, or even riding on  the  slaves shoulders for shorter trips  or entertainment.

I can imagine that in some cases , in polite society , riding a  slaves shoulders could be initially seen as improper, just as ladies riding astride rather  than sidesaddle on  horses was seen as  improper.
However,  as more  women  chose to ride astride,  the practice became acceptable and common.

Indeed dear Audrey you are right.
I remember in the stables I was at first it was quite strange when the first time a lady sat on my neck and shoulders.
But most of the ladies and girls welcomed this new spectacle and were admiring that lady wo sat on me for her idea.
It was a quite tough and even beautiful lady who was quite strict and self-confident.
She knew what she wanted and she knew how she could get what she wanted.
I think quite a majority of the members of the stable agreed with my rider.
And just after a very short time more and more ladies and girls were even insisting on this kind of service.
Asking me if they were too heavy was mostly an exception and did not change the mind of my female riders.
I just was useful for them and so they did it.
I think women are endowed with practical skills and use a situation with less scruples as males.
I wonder still today after that long time how quickly that society of stable-members got used to this new situation.

And I found out that as more often I got ridden, the more it became just a matter of course.
Sitting astride on my neck and shoulders while I had to clean their boots, was a pleasant service to them
None of them ever took much care about me.

And being more and more stronger by frequent use none of them did waste even one thought about my situation under their butts and crotches.
It was their right riding me and I had to work for them and to obey.

After some time it was quite usual that they rode me for longer distances.
First it was a kick for some of them but later it was quite a common affair.

Women are endowed with practical skills. and none of the girls or ladies had any scruples.
Being useful they just used me like a beast of burden.

I think in social life people would accept slavery very quickly as soon as they would see an advantage.
A wide majority would get used to such a new social institution in a very short time.
Women and girls riding in the streets would be very quickly quite common.

#36 2021-08-01 14:23:26

Audreyb

frederik:

I think that  it's  quite  normal for women to be envious of a woman who is  receiving  special service from a man  and one who is bold enough to take the  initiative in   instigating  such service.

Of course any  number of women  might imply disapproval  of the actions  that lady took,  but  most often  that is because of societal  restrictions.

Personally, I tend to  enjoy taking the upper hand with men  and often seeing other  ladies doing so,  and I  believe I'm in the majority.

#37 2021-08-01 14:57:53

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Audreyb wrote:

frederik:

I think that  it's  quite  normal for women to be envious of a woman who is  receiving  special service from a man  and one who is bold enough to take the  initiative in   instigating  such service.

Of course any  number of women  might imply disapproval  of the actions  that lady took,  but  most often  that is because of societal  restrictions.

Personally, I tend to  enjoy taking the upper hand with men  and often seeing other  ladies doing so,  and I  believe I'm in the majority.

Of course there was at the beginning some jealousy among the ladies and the girls stayed in competition to each other by copying the elder ladies.

But coming back the point.
I read a lot of literature about slavery in America.
A wide majority of ladies did not have any problems and were regarding slavery as a quite common social institution.
I think this reaction is quite normal as well ist regarded in some asian countries using rickshaws.
In china you even can rent for little money in some areas sedan-chairs with two bearers who bring you up to the top of the mountains.
After my opinion a quite good idea.
As a sedan-chair bearer you do not need much intelligence or skills and you can earn money anyway.
As my mother has been to China she was using as often as possible a sedan-chair and she was really fond of this kind of service, although she was a quite tall and sturdy lady. Even my elder sister was using this service.
There would be much more jobs for people without  any skills and less intelligence.
And that all people are equal may be in a certain sense regarding to their basic existence but in reality we see every day that there are wide differences between the people.

#38 2021-08-02 01:30:02

Audreyb

frederik:

To start with, in spite of what you might have read, slaves in the  U.S. were not used as  transportation  and I might add, the  U.S. had  a  comparatively  brief period in which slavery was legally practiced in southern  states in the  U.S. and   far shorter a period than in most  European, Asian  and  African countries .
Also, nearly every race of  people at some point in time  were enslaved  to another group of people.

As for people  employed  to carry other people in  sedan chair  etc, I not only see this as a good  use  for  otherwise  useless people. but in one  instance  several  years ago, I was very  tempted  to employ a  local  peasant   to  carry me on a walking  tour of ancient ruins.
Another  tourist actually  broached the subject initially. 
The tourist was  heavy  and  obviously out of shape and suggested that since some of  the  peasants were  used to  heavy work and  extremely poor, he  might hire one to carry  him on his shoulders either on the tour or at least back to the  bus  that brought us from the hotel.
My feet were  killing me  and  the shoes I chose  that day  almost certainly cost  more than these peasants earned in 6 months. I didn't even care  that my choice of wearing a skirt might be  a little embarrassing  while sitting on a potential  hireling's shoulders.
I didn't expect the walking portion of the tour and my feet were in such pain I was  beyond caring .

Unfortunately, I wasn't fluent in the local language and I endured  without  attempting to make such an arrangement . Needless  to say, my  expensive shoes  were ruined and my feet suffered greatly.

If  given  the same  situation today, I would hire  a carrier without any concern about  embarrassment , or what the  other tourists or local thought about it.

#39 2021-08-02 02:52:53

caballito
Bonus member

Slavery began as a result of wars in civilizations such as Egyptian, Greek and Roman: Caucasian ethnic groups enslaving other Caucasian ethnic groups.

On the African continent, African ethnic groups enslaved other African ethnic groups due to wars, the victorious ethnic group enslaved the defeated ethnic group.

Who sold African slaves to slave traders? The same Africans.

Humans do not have racial differences, because we are of diverse ethnic groups. Dogs and other animals are classified into breeds or races; we cannot be divided into races, because all humans are equal.

An example, an African woman might ride an European man on.

#40 2021-08-02 04:09:01

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Audreyb wrote:

frederik:

To start with, in spite of what you might have read, slaves in the  U.S. were not used as  transportation  and I might add, the  U.S. had  a  comparatively  brief period in which slavery was legally practiced in southern  states in the  U.S. and   far shorter a period than in most  European, Asian  and  African countries .
Also, nearly every race of  people at some point in time  were enslaved  to another group of people.

As for people  employed  to carry other people in  sedan chair  etc, I not only see this as a good  use  for  otherwise  useless people. but in one  instance  several  years ago, I was very  tempted  to employ a  local  peasant   to  carry me on a walking  tour of ancient ruins.
Another  tourist actually  broached the subject initially. 
The tourist was  heavy  and  obviously out of shape and suggested that since some of  the  peasants were  used to  heavy work and  extremely poor, he  might hire one to carry  him on his shoulders either on the tour or at least back to the  bus  that brought us from the hotel.
My feet were  killing me  and  the shoes I chose  that day  almost certainly cost  more than these peasants earned in 6 months. I didn't even care  that my choice of wearing a skirt might be  a little embarrassing  while sitting on a potential  hireling's shoulders.
I didn't expect the walking portion of the tour and my feet were in such pain I was  beyond caring .

Unfortunately, I wasn't fluent in the local language and I endured  without  attempting to make such an arrangement . Needless  to say, my  expensive shoes  were ruined and my feet suffered greatly.

If  given  the same  situation today, I would hire  a carrier without any concern about  embarrassment , or what the  other tourists or local thought about it.

Dear AudreyB
I completely agree with your opinion.
Slavery in the US has been a very short time and most of the slaves have been treated much better as at home.
And I think as far as I know that slavery in Soth America has been has been better than a life as slave. in Africa.
Slaveholders were no idiots risking the lives of their slaves.
As my beautiful mother told me, she was a tall and quite sturdy blond adorable and and beautiful lady, during her various trips to China with her girl-fidends and  my elder sister they deeply enjoyded their trips over there and all these ladies were deeply fond of the use of sedan-chairs.
May mother as well as my sister confirmed to me that its was for them a quite extreme erotic pleasure  getting carried up to the long way to the beautiful mountains.
For my mother, my sister and the girl-friends of my my mother this experience seemed to be extremely erotic.

I do not understand where your experience did  happen.
Asa your guy I had quite a lot of beautiful girl-fiends who were in riding
All of them without hesitation preferred a carrier whenever they had the opportunity.
I still remember as one of my girl-friends, she was quite tall and about 67 kgs was choosing without any scruples a young guy who was much smaller as her and quite younger for a long day trip for riding.
A very beautiful English girl and her smart mother were choosing the next day such a boy as well for riding.
I guess the Boyds were not older as 15 years.
It was in Tunesia and the owners of these guys were two very smart and friendly young and beautiful Tunisian girls .
I for myself preferred to walk on may own legs .
Interesting was that there were so many British girls and ladies there.
A few dutch and Belgian girls and ladies and I as a man was in a clear minority.
Even ladies in their cities or sixties were tiding.
It was strange to me.

#41 2021-08-25 17:15:38

frederik
Male (40), Germany

AudreyB

I just was discussing with the ladies and girls in my riding club your topic.
To my big surprise about 70 % of the ladies and girls spontaneously answered that they could easily imagine using a slave for riding.
Only the rest of the mostly female club was against such an option.

Also a wide majority liked the fiction being able to buy a slave as their real property.
None of those ladies or girls had the slightest concern.
And all of them would use their slaves just as it comes ups to their mind.

And I want to underline that most of those ladies and girls in the club are well educated and modern upper-class members.

Widely they could imagine with real pleasure buying a young slave for any kind of purpose.(Riding included of course)

They told me that they would never have the slightest remorses by owning real slaves.
So you are quite right with your opinion and attitude.

I was also telling your story as tourist where could hire a carrier.
None of the ladies and girls could understand that you ruin ed your feet and shoes just for nothing although you could hire for cheap money a local carrier.

My stepmother and my two stepsisters just were shaking their heads when I told them your story.

#42 2021-08-27 01:13:01

Audreyb

frederik:

I can't  disagree with  the ladies  you mentioned  in regard to me  not hiring a  peasant to carry  me. Judging  from  the poverty level in  the area I could have likely hired one of them  for $25 which was more than  a month of their  average income  and save  both my  feet  and  those $600 Italian  shoes.   Many of the peasants I saw were young  men  who were used to hard work and had  broad shoulders that I could easily sat on very comfortably. I might have even finished the walking tour on  him and still been carried back to the  tour bus.
Given the situation as it was,even my  choice of wearing  a  skirt shouldn't have been a  deterrent  because I rarely care what  strangers think  and it would be difficult for anyone to peek up my skirt while I was on  the  guy's shoulders.

In my defense, I didn't  know the language  well enough to make  such an  arrangement and as I said, the idea wasn't  originally mine.
An overweight man  suggested the idea  for  himself and I simply overheard him.  He would  have certainly been bigger  burden on a  peasant than I would have been. I can't really say whether he made such a deal  because I lost sight  of him and wasn't paying attention as  the pain in my feet had  my full attention.

I'm  not  poor  but those  $600  shoes were much more than I  would  normally allow myself.  They were a splurge  and I wish I  had chosen other shoes that day.

#43 2021-08-27 06:14:18

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

Looking back at this situation now, had you decided to hire and broker a deal for a carrier for $25, how would you have guided him to where you wanted to go or things you wanted to see or even when to stop if language would have been a barrier?

What was the terrain like on this walking tour? Would (in your opinion) have made your hired servant tired?

#44 2021-08-27 11:03:07

esel

@Frederik

That 70% of your sampled Ladies approve of slavery for their riding pleasure is not a surprise to me ! I guess this percentage would have ben even higher if you had suggested house-slavery on top of "riding-slavery". In that case the "slave" would provide two major benefits : He'd be USEFUL (House-slave) and also PLEASURABLE ( Riding-slave). Getting rid of all unpleasant chores while accessing larger pleasure opportunities is a normal desire for most human beings, (perhaps even more for female human beings ) and, unless you are a happy billionaire, the best if not the only way to enjoy these is to have one or several slaves. 
Is it immoral ? For a lot of people happiness is also possible in slavery. For a lot of people, being the slave of an american/european family would mean being better fed and cared with a resulting better health and a significantly longer life expectancy. What was abominable in slavery was the slave-trade, the lifelong slavery status, its hereditary  character, and the TOTAL denial of any and all civil rights ...

I'm sure "your" Ladies would agree to "rent" contracted slaves for five-year renewable periods, which could be granted a minimal amount of minimal rights, as opposed to the huge amount of their mandatory duties ... And being ridden would probably not be the worst  ... smile

Esel

#45 2021-08-27 11:51:34

frederik
Male (40), Germany

esel wrote:

@Frederik

That 70% of your sampled Ladies approve of slavery for their riding pleasure is not a surprise to me ! I guess this percentage would have ben even higher if you had suggested house-slavery on top of "riding-slavery". In that case the "slave" would provide two major benefits : He'd be USEFUL (House-slave) and also PLEASURABLE ( Riding-slave). Getting rid of all unpleasant chores while accessing larger pleasure opportunities is a normal desire for most human beings, (perhaps even more for female human beings ) and, unless you are a happy billionaire, the best if not the only way to enjoy these is to have one or several slaves. 
Is it immoral ? For a lot of people happiness is also possible in slavery. For a lot of people, being the slave of an american/european family would mean being better fed and cared with a resulting better health and a significantly longer life expectancy. What was abominable in slavery was the slave-trade, the lifelong slavery status, its hereditary  character, and the TOTAL denial of any and all civil rights ...

I'm sure "your" Ladies would agree to "rent" contracted slaves for five-year renewable periods, which could be granted a minimal amount of minimal rights, as opposed to the huge amount of their mandatory duties ... And being ridden would probably not be the worst  ... smile

Esel

I. don't think that my little poll in the riding club can be representative.
The ladies of the club are well educated and wealthy ladies and girls from the upper class.
I hardly can imagine that a girl sitting at the cash of a super market would give the same answers.
The average women do have a quite different outlook on life.
But I fully agree with you that most slaves would have a better life.

#46 2021-08-27 15:58:25

Pony for Girls

In the ancient Roman Empire, there was slavery. But I heard in somewhere that sometimes a free man could get a job as a slave for a master. If that man needed to pay the master for anything and he had not money, he could pay him working for him. Like some kind of deal.

I am a pony looking for Girls to carry

#47 2021-08-27 16:01:09

Pony for Girls

Hombre! pero que dificil es el idioma ingles!

Man! what a difficult language the english is!

I am a pony looking for Girls to carry

#48 2021-08-27 16:48:42

Audreyb

JayRey8585:

Since it was a tour with  a guide, directing as carrier to  follow  would have been easy enough  and simply pointing   and nudges with my heels would  probably been enough.
It was the negotiations  that I would have had trouble with.
I was weak in the language and I didn't know how to say I wanted  to  sit on him  and be carried. I wouldn't be embarrass riding him  but I  didn't want to mess up  in telling him  what I wanted to sit on. That  could be a  problem.

the terrain was a little rocky  but not especially  hilly  and I think  I  might have normally enjoyed sitting on the shoulders of several of the  young peasants I saw  if  my feet  were not killing me and I wasn't upset  about  my  shoes.

#49 2021-08-27 17:23:02

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

Would the peasant have been tired from the tour terrain? If it was a guided tour, would you have given him breaks as you felt or when the group stopped?

I wonder what others would have thought seeing you hire a young local to carry you on the tour? How would you have responded to other women on the tour if they thought you should be walking and not riding on a local?

#50 2021-08-27 22:48:56

Audreyb

JayRey8585:

As I said earlier, I'm  not very concerned about what others think and  even less about  people I may never see again.
Besides, I know that some of the women would be envious  and just not bold enough to do the same.

I saw  these peasants carrying very heavy loads to  the local  market,sometimes on their heads.
If I  felt the carrier need as break and wasn't just slacking, I would of course let him  rest.
But being short myself,I might  choose to sit up there so I could see over  the  crowd  and since my feet were  hurting,and there were not many places to  sit, I  would  probably choose to remain  where I was.

Board footer