Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-07 10:52:42

viennapony

to carriers and riders

Hallo all!

How do you feel when you meet people while riding? Are you shy or do you enjoy it?
What reactions have you already experienced?

i (carrier) like it when people come towards us during a ride, but my girlfriend is embarrassed, she always want to stop immediately, when she sees someone on the horizon.
But when it did happen, some of them laughed, some looked indignantly to the side, some shook their heads and were evidently embarrassed themselves.
And a few joked they'd love to ride too. (interesting: only men! and no one ever offered a ride).

What would you do if someone said he (or she) wanted to ride too?
I hope for your interesting views in this topic.

Greetings by viennapony

#2 2020-09-08 04:53:17

Audreyb

Re: to carriers and riders

I have encountered hikers, riders on  real horses  and  very  few  other shoulder riders  and carriers while riding.
I was  a little intimidated the  first two times  but  not enough to stop the ride  and I never  heard a  single  negative comment.  Most people were  either  cordial,  amused  or interested to some  degree. One middle aged  couple who were  hiking  stopped to  chat for a minute or so  and  the lady even  suggested that she should  try riding on  the man's shoulders the same way.  They  just walked on   but  perhaps they  did try  later.
A lady  riding a  very  tall horse that she said was a Tennessee Walker was  amused but  very  friendly ,suggested that I use a  crop in the  future (jokingly) and said she might  consider throwing a  saddle on her husband some time.

A  young man saw  me on  a carrier and  decided to lift the  girl he was with.  She  laughed  after recovering from nearly  toppling at his attempt  and she was smiling as he carried her past  me and down  the trail.

In  a little "pay  to enter" picnic grove  with a  lake  and some  interesting and  well  maintained walking paths, a riding  companion  and I  encountered a male  rider on a  male carrier. The rider and carrier were obviously gay  and  the rider  seemed rather pleasantly  surprised to encounter  us. He was very  friendly to  us  but it was  obvious  that the rider  who   appeared  younger  and smaller  than the carrier he was sitting on was very  clearly in  charge.  I wasn't particularly  surprised  that  bother were  shirtless  but  the rider was  wearing speedos  and  the carrier was in  board shorts.
Since the  lake has a  swimming  beach,  I  guess I shouldn't have  found  that  strange at all.  The rider made it  clear  by his actions that he was in  charge as I said, disregarding his carrier's discomfort and slapping his head when  the  carrier  groaned.
It was almost  certainly a master   slave  type relationship but of course I don't know if shoulder riding was a  common aspect  of this  or just something  that they happened to  try  that day.
I  did  notice  there  were  a number of girls on  boys shoulders when  we passed the  beach area  but  that's rather  normal on  the water/

#3 2021-08-14 18:10:49

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Audreyb wrote:

I have encountered hikers, riders on  real horses  and  very  few  other shoulder riders  and carriers while riding.
I was  a little intimidated the  first two times  but  not enough to stop the ride  and I never  heard a  single  negative comment.  Most people were  either  cordial,  amused  or interested to some  degree. One middle aged  couple who were  hiking  stopped to  chat for a minute or so  and  the lady even  suggested that she should  try riding on  the man's shoulders the same way.  They  just walked on   but  perhaps they  did try  later.
A lady  riding a  very  tall horse that she said was a Tennessee Walker was  amused but  very  friendly ,suggested that I use a  crop in the  future (jokingly) and said she might  consider throwing a  saddle on her husband some time.

A  young man saw  me on  a carrier and  decided to lift the  girl he was with.  She  laughed  after recovering from nearly  toppling at his attempt  and she was smiling as he carried her past  me and down  the trail.

In  a little "pay  to enter" picnic grove  with a  lake  and some  interesting and  well  maintained walking paths, a riding  companion  and I  encountered a male  rider on a  male carrier. The rider and carrier were obviously gay  and  the rider  seemed rather pleasantly  surprised to encounter  us. He was very  friendly to  us  but it was  obvious  that the rider  who   appeared  younger  and smaller  than the carrier he was sitting on was very  clearly in  charge.  I wasn't particularly  surprised  that  bother were  shirtless  but  the rider was  wearing speedos  and  the carrier was in  board shorts.
Since the  lake has a  swimming  beach,  I  guess I shouldn't have  found  that  strange at all.  The rider made it  clear  by his actions that he was in  charge as I said, disregarding his carrier's discomfort and slapping his head when  the  carrier  groaned.
It was almost  certainly a master   slave  type relationship but of course I don't know if shoulder riding was a  common aspect  of this  or just something  that they happened to  try  that day.
I  did  notice  there  were  a number of girls on  boys shoulders when  we passed the  beach area  but  that's rather  normal on  the water/

I remember that I met in a park two lady police officers with their horses while I had a female rider on my neck and shoulders.
It was early in the morning and we did not expect the police with their horses.
The police ladies were just laughing and joking and were talking quite friendly with my rider.
Both ladies said that they should try such a ride also as soon they would have an opportunity.
They were only interested to lear how. far and how long a rider can ride on me.
How I might feel under my rider was of no interest at all.
My rider as well as the two police riders were only interested if riding on me is comfortable and reasonable.

#4 2021-08-15 12:26:36

caballito
Bonus member
Male (In his sixties), South America

Outdoors I never did shoulder riding or other human riding, I always did indoors.

However, on several occasions I saw other people doing shoulderriding, always women on top of men, in the street, on the central avenue berm and in the swimming pool.

The truth? I never saw anyone make any comment to them.

Board footer