Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-09 16:04:33

JayRey8585

Spurs and Crops

Hello, everyone!

I am curious to know that if carriers have experienced spurs, crop and or both being used on them physically by their rider? If so, what was the reason in which the rider used them? (Did you act out? Being lazy? Etc)

Second part of the question is, describe what it felt like to you? Sharp pain or more of a bee sting?

Riders:

*If* you were to use spurs or a crop on your carrier, what would be some general reasons as to why you would decide to spur or whip with your crop?

Thanks in advance!

~ Jay

#2 2020-03-09 16:24:51

Jeff
Admin
Male (56), US
Website

Re: Spurs and Crops

JayRey8585 wrote:

Hello, everyone!

I am curious to know that if carriers have experienced spurs, crop and or both being used on them physically by their rider? If so, what was the reason in which the rider used them? (Did you act out? Being lazy? Etc)

Second part of the question is, describe what it felt like to you? Sharp pain or more of a bee sting?

Riders:

*If* you were to use spurs or a crop on your carrier, what would be some general reasons as to why you would decide to spur or whip with your crop?

Thanks in advance!

~ Jay

Spurs really hurt.  I never felt them on a s r, but have on an all-fours ride.  Their initial impact feels most like blunt trauma.
After that, depending on if they are pointed, the pain becomes sharp.  Often there is bleeding, and swelling under the skin.  The area is sensitive to touch and aches for a week.
A crop gives a stinging sensation that fades in a minute.

#3 2020-03-09 17:19:16

JayRey8585

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply and I have no doubt that spurs don’t hurt, but, what would be the point in kicking with them that hard? You would think the carrier might ‘spook’ or crumble if they hurt that bad!

Any riders want to give their opinion as to why you might kick harder versus just a light kick with them? If you were riding a horse, would the rider kick the horse that hard with spurs?

Last edited by JayRey8585 (2020-03-09 19:13:21)

#4 2020-03-10 23:48:39

sharpspurs
Male, England

As a rider I have used both whips and spurs on my carriers. They help with training and obtaining longer rides.

#5 2020-03-11 01:22:04

JayRey8585

Sharpspurs,
As a rider, what are the various reason you might kick lighter with spurs versus kicking harder with them? Also, what is the typical reaction you get when spurs are applied?

#6 2020-03-12 05:36:42

trigger
Male (38), India

Though I have never experienced it..but would love to as a carrier.

The Horse

#7 2020-03-14 00:22:18

sharpspurs
Male, England

JayRey8585 wrote:

Sharpspurs,
As a rider, what are the various reason you might kick lighter with spurs versus kicking harder with them? Also, what is the typical reaction you get when spurs are applied?

I use spurs on my carriers so they react more to my legs and have more impulsion. I spur harder to obtain obedience and greater performance which gives a more satisfying ride.

#8 2020-03-16 22:35:02

caballito
Bonus member
Male (In his sixties), South America

I'd like to see others being spurred and whipped.
But, this is not my way.

#9 2020-03-17 00:44:25

JayRey8585

caballito wrote:

I'd like to see others being spurred and whipped.
But, this is not my way.

@ Cabaito, interesting! Why is that?

#10 2020-03-19 04:00:01

Audreyb

I have worn spurs and  used a  crop  while riding on  a man's shoulders  at his request.
But I  didn't spur him or strike him hard with the crop.  It was simply something he had  thought about and found  intriguing.  He liked to feel controlled by the person he carried and I found it amusing.
He asked me to use them to make him obey and I used both quite sparingly because he was  quite obedient and I had no desire to cause him  any serious pain. I will admit I felt  more in  control  because I  could have punished him if I felt the  desire to.

I did the same when  I was sitting on his back  in  a  ponyplay scenario , again at his request.

I can  imagine using a  crop and spurs in  some unlikely  situation that required riding on the shoulders of a man who didn't want to carry  me and was forced into the task by some bizarre circumstance.

However,  beyond a  serious sado/masochistic relationship, it would be very  unlikely that a rider  would  use a crop and spurs to their full effect.

#11 2020-03-19 22:06:18

JayRey8585

@ Audreyb, thank you for your reply!

It sounds like you did enjoy using your spurs and crop on your mount!
• When you would spur him (while sitting on his shoulders) where are you spurring him at?
• Same question as well for when you were sitting on his back?

I am intrigued by the “unlikely scenario” where spurs would be used on a mount forced to carry you or another rider. Can you give a more detailed scenario as to the situation and how the rider would feel compelled to used spurs to benefit them?

(Nice to meet you by the way!)

~ Jay

Last edited by JayRey8585 (2020-03-20 11:34:17)

#12 2020-03-26 04:45:59

Audreyb

JayRey8585

I like  being in control  and having  the power to force obedience  even if I have  no need or desire to  use it does  add something to the experience. I simply think  that the rider must be superior to the  carrier  just as a rifer is superior to a  real  horse or other beast of burden.
The relative positions of rider sitting on the  carrier  implies this anyway.
If I was carried by someone who just went where he wanted , I would be  more of  his prisoner  than the one in control.

The spurs were  the  ordinary kind used by  serious  equestrians  and I kicked him  lightly in  the sides of his ribs when I was sitting on his shoulders. I slapped his back with the riding crop because that's where I could reach.

When I was sitting on his back  I hit his  rump with the  crop and spurred his flanks  and thighs.
I rarely broke the skin  and  beyond a few scratches, he wasn't injured except for  carpet burns on his knees.
Of course  I preferred riding his shoulders because  the  view was better and it was obviously more  practical when riding outdoors.  It was much more comfortable sitting on his back when he carried me on all fours.

I'm  afraid I can't imagine a  scenario where  I  might force someone to  carry me on his shoulders.
Perhaps some impossible  situation of  necessity where one person might require transport or a slavery sort of situation. I have read of humans being  used as  beasts of  burden in the middle eat and far east, peasants or slaves  carrying people in chairs of some kind on the backs  or sitting directly on their shoulders.  But I have  no  idea if such practices were common or even  existed at all.

#13 2020-03-26 10:17:05

rider_in
Male (23), Canada

As a rider,  if i were to ever use spurs or a crop on my carrier, then it would be to make the carrier more obedient to my commands or to push him to give me more of his/her efforts.
example: if the carrier is , lets say, giving up and  about to stop but i still want him to go then crop or spurs could be helpful
               or lets just say if i want him to go at a faster speed then these things can be helpful

JayRey8585 wrote:

Hello, everyone!

Riders:

Thanks in advance!

~ Jay

Rider here, willing ponies can approach! :)

#14 2020-03-26 10:41:40

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

As a rider, does it bother you at all to use spurs (like you described above) on your human mounts?

As rider_in said above, they can both (spurs and crop) be used as an aid to motivate the carrier when they might get lazy or need that little extra force to remind them that you are in control and that they need to keep moving. This I understand and see no problem with using either spurs or crop to do just that.

I too have heard of ‘slaves’ or forced laborers in the Far East. With that said, if you were to ride on one, for whatever reason, with there being a language barrier between you and the mount, would you be opposed to riding him with a bit/reins and be willing to use  spurs or a crop on him? If so, in a hypothetical case as this, what would be reasons that you would spur or use the crop on him and does his reaction to your spurs or crop have any bearing on you at all?

^This topic in my last paragraph above reminds of a conversation to some extent of a thread titled, “Human Rentals”.

~ Jay

#15 2020-03-26 11:04:29

rider_in
Male (23), Canada

I agree with Audrey when she says , " I simply think  that the rider must be superior to the  carrier  just as a rifer is superior to a  real  horse or other beast of burden."
Yesterday, i was talking to the member about how i like my ride to be and he wanted further explanation of one of my statements
Statement : "comfort of rider has much HIGHER importance and pony should happily experience some discomfort for rider's satisfaction. "

The way i see carriers while SR and pony riding is that they are just like actual horses/pony.
Now when we see riders riding on actual horses, is it based on pony’s preference, let alone its comfort? The answer is BIG NO.
It’s always based according to rider. His comfort, his way of riding and whatever and however he wants the things to be done with his pony. When you agree to be someone's pony, you give him this right to control you and ride you according to his wishes. Moreover, it can be seen that after a ride if rider is not satisfied, the whole ride itself becomes unsatisfying for the pony too even when he has put efforts in carrying rider's weight, therefore it can be safely assumed that its rider-oriented play and his satisfaction should be the foremost concern. Now, we know that human legs are not any match for strong horse legs, so its only natural and obvious that carrier has to suffer some discomfort for his rider.

Audreyb wrote:

JayRey8585

I like  being in control  and having  the power to force obedience  even if I have  no need or desire to  use it does  add something to the experience. I simply think  that the rider must be superior to the  carrier  just as a rifer is superior to a  real  horse or other beast of burden.
The relative positions of rider sitting on the  carrier  implies this anyway.
If I was carried by someone who just went where he wanted , I would be  more of  his prisoner  than the one in control.

The spurs were  the  ordinary kind used by  serious  equestrians  and I kicked him  lightly in  the sides of his ribs when I was sitting on his shoulders. I slapped his back with the riding crop because that's where I could reach.

When I was sitting on his back  I hit his  rump with the  crop and spurred his flanks  and thighs.
I rarely broke the skin  and  beyond a few scratches, he wasn't injured except for  carpet burns on his knees.
Of course  I preferred riding his shoulders because  the  view was better and it was obviously more  practical when riding outdoors.  It was much more comfortable sitting on his back when he carried me on all fours.

I'm  afraid I can't imagine a  scenario where  I  might force someone to  carry me on his shoulders.
Perhaps some impossible  situation of  necessity where one person might require transport or a slavery sort of situation. I have read of humans being  used as  beasts of  burden in the middle eat and far east, peasants or slaves  carrying people in chairs of some kind on the backs  or sitting directly on their shoulders.  But I have  no  idea if such practices were common or even  existed at all.

#16 2020-03-26 14:43:11

JayRey8585

@ rider_in,

I agree that the rider should be in control in any riding event they may be partaking in.

I’ll play devil’s advocate for a minute though. If a rider doesn’t take into account the amount of weight they are placing on a real horse or pony, isn’t the rider being negligent then at that point. It’s a fact, the more weight placed on a horse or pony will hamper its performance - gets tired faster; might not be able to run as fast; need more breaks and sooner than normal; might cause pain to its back; etc. ?

• Does any rider have a problem or guilt using spurs or a crop on a horse?

The same is obviously true if riding on a small human carrier. He is going to get tired faster, performance will be lacking, etc.

• If you don’t mind using spurs or a crop on a horse, what makes you care if you use them on a human carrier?

I have zero problem with the rider being in control and not worried about the carrier or a bio horse, but, there might be a time in which a rider might have wished they cared if expecting a certain type of ride. (Endurance type ride or even a leisurely stroll on a trail for a good amount of time.)

Just looking for opinions!

~Jay

#17 2020-03-26 17:02:44

ezpony
Male (48)

I have a female friend who used to ride me. She set the rules in our relationship and I was happy to serve as her pony. She liked to push me and ride me for a long time. The first time she rode me I couldn't carry her for very long because my neck started to hurt. She was quite disappointed. I told her that her riding style where she enjoyed pushing my head down so that she could sit comfortably on my neck and shoulders rather than my shoulders alone was the probable source of my neck pains. She said that she really liked this "neck-riding" style but she would mix it up so that she could also get some longer rides. She also experimented with whip and spurs. I remember one time she had put a pair of mexican spurs on. They look like big wheels of small, sharp spikes. I can say without a doubt that this ride was the most painful I have experienced and the spurs pierced my skin again and again. The ride was very short and probably not very comfortable for her either because whe never repeated this and she went back to riding me with ordinary spurs and sometimes also a whip.

#18 2020-03-26 17:24:14

JayRey8585

@ezpony,

Wow!! I have no doubt those spurs didn’t hurt!

When she rides with ‘regular’ spurs, does she use them a lot and where is she spurring you at?

#19 2020-03-26 22:41:55

rider_in
Male (23), Canada

well, i dont think weight of human affects a real horse much cuz they are gifted to carry heavy loads for long distances.

But this can be case in human carriers.
For this when you'll read my previous reply you'll see i've clearly stated that " When you agree to be someone's pony, you give him this right to control you and ride you according to his wishes", which means carrier agrees to being ridden as his rider wants to, be it Endurance type ride or even a leisurely stroll on a trail for a good amount of time.

Yes, weight will have an effect but i never had it affect me as  i'm fairly shaped being 5'10 and around 70 kgs and have high enthusiasm for riding being 21years old   , so i am not a problem for most number of carriers but yeah, the skinny one can face a problem.

also, I dont have much experience as i'm not able to find carriers near my area so
hey, if any willing carrier is there he/she can email me if they can give me some rides, thanks.

If you want to discuss more about riding and stuff, mail me at msd113190@gmail.com
I'd love to talk on this subject and any topic regarding all 4s and shoulder rides.

JayRey8585 wrote:

@ rider_in,

I agree that the rider should be in control in any riding event they may be partaking in.

I’ll play devil’s advocate for a minute though. If a rider doesn’t take into account the amount of weight they are placing on a real horse or pony, isn’t the rider being negligent then at that point. It’s a fact, the more weight placed on a horse or pony will hamper its performance - gets tired faster; might not be able to run as fast; need more breaks and sooner than normal; might cause pain to its back; etc. ?

• Does any rider have a problem or guilt using spurs or a crop on a horse?

The same is obviously true if riding on a small human carrier. He is going to get tired faster, performance will be lacking, etc.

• If you don’t mind using spurs or a crop on a horse, what makes you care if you use them on a human carrier?

I have zero problem with the rider being in control and not worried about the carrier or a bio horse, but, there might be a time in which a rider might have wished they cared if expecting a certain type of ride. (Endurance type ride or even a leisurely stroll on a trail for a good amount of time.)

Just looking for opinions!

~Jay

#20 2020-03-27 04:14:39

Audreyb

rider_in:
JayRey8585:
ezpony

Rider  In,  Can I assume  you are male?  Not this it matters  but a  friend who is my occasional riding partner is a man and  has  very much the same views as those you expressed.
He has several carriers and inspired my views  to a great  extent.

The rider really  must be in charge during the ride and in some cases  in the relationship in  general.
A willing  carrier  should  surrender his  will and let you  take  charge  as soon as you sit on him  just as a  trained  horse must. How long he carries you,  how he carries you and when he is allowed to rest is entirely up to you as his master. Anything less than this detracts from the experience.

JayRey8585> No, it doesn't distress me to use a crop or spurs on my carrier in in the shoulder riding or all fours. He requested it and I didn't really abuse him with either.  It was fun  for both of us  but I admit that I felt more in control and more powerful while sitting on him  because I knew I could  cause him discomfort  or even pain  if I so desired. As for the reins, bit etc.. I can't see a reason for not using them.  If they  help in  controlling my carrier   it would  add to the experience.

Using  reins, bits, spurs and a crop  could be  necessary if  I was  riding an actual slave or  peasant  in  that  eastern scenario. Having no  desire to be burdened, and  perhaps not understanding my commands, control would be very important. No doubt I would have a  reason for  using such transportation and I would have to  consider him as I would a beast of burden.

ezpony: I agree with the lady who rides  you. Sitting on a man's shoulders for any length of times can be uncomfortable on my upper thighs.  Making him  lower his head and hunch over a little allows me to move forward enough  so that my  butt  is supported by his back , allowing me to sit on him  more comfortably.

#21 2020-03-27 05:43:35

rider_in
Male (23), Canada

Yes Audreyb, I’m a male from India, 21 years old.
I relate a lot with your way of riding on your carrier as i have read some other posts of your from different threads.

I would love to discuss more about shoulder riding and related topics with you and would like to know about your experiences as rider as you stated that you have ridden several times on different carriers, if its okay with you.

If yes,
You can send me your email address or email me at msd113190@gmail.com

Thanks.

Audreyb wrote:

rider_in:
JayRey8585:
ezpony

Rider  In,  Can I assume  you are male?  Not this it matters  but a  friend who is my occasional riding partner is a man and  has  very much the same views as those you expressed.
He has several carriers and inspired my views  to a great  extent.

The rider really  must be in charge during the ride and in some cases  in the relationship in  general.
A willing  carrier  should  surrender his  will and let you  take  charge  as soon as you sit on him  just as a  trained  horse must. How long he carries you,  how he carries you and when he is allowed to rest is entirely up to you as his master. Anything less than this detracts from the experience.

JayRey8585> No, it doesn't distress me to use a crop or spurs on my carrier in in the shoulder riding or all fours. He requested it and I didn't really abuse him with either.  It was fun  for both of us  but I admit that I felt more in control and more powerful while sitting on him  because I knew I could  cause him discomfort  or even pain  if I so desired. As for the reins, bit etc.. I can't see a reason for not using them.  If they  help in  controlling my carrier   it would  add to the experience.

Using  reins, bits, spurs and a crop  could be  necessary if  I was  riding an actual slave or  peasant  in  that  eastern scenario. Having no  desire to be burdened, and  perhaps not understanding my commands, control would be very important. No doubt I would have a  reason for  using such transportation and I would have to  consider him as I would a beast of burden.

ezpony: I agree with the lady who rides  you. Sitting on a man's shoulders for any length of times can be uncomfortable on my upper thighs.  Making him  lower his head and hunch over a little allows me to move forward enough  so that my  butt  is supported by his back , allowing me to sit on him  more comfortably.

#22 2020-03-27 09:01:14

ezpony
Male (48)

Just to clarify: My lady rider lives very far from me and she hasn't been riding me for several years.

@JeyRey8585: She would spur me where she could easily reach. For a shoulder ride that would be the waist as I was a lot bigger than her.

@Audreyb: I haven't tried the hunched style. As I understand it you (the rider) move backwards and sits partially on the top of the back of the mount? What my past rider liked was to force my head down so that she could move forward and sit partially on my neck. This was very tough on my neck muscles and only possible at all because she only weighed around 50kg. The reason that she didn't ride me like this all the time was that she also liked a long ride. I remember her riding me for twenty minutes or so, strictly shoulder ride and complaining about a numbness in her legs afterwards. Probably the same problem you are talking about. But normally she would mix it up. Do shoulder ride for a while, then change to "neck-ride" and go back to shoulder ride again after a while. This way she could ride me comfortably for up to half an hour and even longer by also having some breaks or some piggy back rides.

#23 2020-03-27 14:16:38

JayRey8585

Audreyb & Others,

Let’s entertain the idea of a peasant(s) used as a carrier (shoulder riding) in a foreign country as your means of transportation and or for leisure riding. If you were assigned two peasants for the entirety of a trip, what kind of tack would you use? Example: stirrups that attaches to a harness, bit and reins, some sort of seat made for shoulders if it was available, spurs, crop, etc.

Still using the above idea, what are your thoughts:

1. If assigned two peasants, how many hours per day could you see yourself physically riding on them?

2. Assuming language is a barrier, how active with your spurs and or crop do you think you would be?

3. How firm would you be with the reins attached to a bit in his mouth?

4. Assuming they (peasants) are in decent shape, do you think they should be about to walk carrying you ___ mile(s) before having to switch with the other peasant?

This is very intriguing to me and look forward to everyone’s opinions!

#24 2020-03-28 05:15:43

Audreyb

JayRey8585:

I'll answer this as  well as I  can in the order you asked.

1. If assigned two peasants, how many hours per day could you see yourself physically riding on them?

>That would depend on whether I was riding them for recreation or transportation

>Also the  terrain may dictate how long I ride each man before switching  mounts.

>on  average  ground an hour or so would be reasonable before changing mounts  while less than an hour may exhaust him going up  a steep slope with me sitting on him.  Then the spurs  and  crop might be required since changing  mounts on a steep climb would be  very inconvenient. I would have to also  consider the possibility of him  falling and my  being injured.

2. Assuming language is a barrier, how active with your spurs and or crop do you think you would be?

> I imagine that the use of the spurs and crop to   emphasize my  commands and correct his misunderstandings would be  required  more often, especially in the first hour on  each carrier.
"Left"  "Right" "Up" "Down"  "Faster"  could be emphasized with a spurring or a sharp sting with the crop. It's possible that a carrier may be inclined to slack off  more beneath a woman than a male rider.
I would of course  want to  correct that  behavior.

>As firm as  I felt  necessary  with the rains and  bit. Gagging him would serve no purpose and a sharp  tug to  direct and  halt him should be adequate.

4. Assuming they (peasants) are in decent shape, do you think they should be about to walk carrying you ___ mile(s) before having to switch with the other peasant?

> I think  two miles would be enough  assuming  that I rested them for 10 minutes or so  after  switching  carriers  twice  each. Unless of course I needed to  get to  some place  faster.
I would have to think of them as  beasts of  burden  and treat them accordingly.

> I might find some type of stirrups arrangement useful   but having tried  a shoulder saddle arrangement once in the past, I found it awkward ,uncomfortable and unstable.   I would opt to  sit  directly on  the carriers with his head  bowed  enough so that his back supported my buttocks  as much as  possible so that I'm sitting on him  rather than straddling his neck or bearing  my weight on my thighs.

#25 2020-03-28 15:40:37

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

Excellent answers!

Sorry about numbering my answers. My OCD couldn’t keep me from not doing that. Lol.

Still using the peasant idea, what would be the difference in you using one of them as transportation versus you wanting to ride on one for pleasure/leisure riding?

1. Where would you spur the peasant?

2. At the end of the day, you dismount and notice the peasant you were riding has marks from your spurs, what would go through your mind?

I 100 percent agree that you need to be comfortable during these rides and that stirrups would help. I wonder if they wore some sort of chest harness that the stirrups could attach too if you could mount them using stirrups and dismount the same way?

#26 2020-03-29 09:47:01

rider_in
Male (23), Canada

i know i got delayed with my response so i'll write a detailed one to make up for it.

the combination of tack i would be using will consist of  reins, stirrups, bridles, crops and spurs.
But one gear i'm 100% against(and would never use) is the SADDLE (or any type of seat) as i believe that its pony's job to give me comfortable seat and i should not require and external seat for that.

when i'm riding my carrier in shoulder riding position,
I would like to use most of the neck of my pony and for two major reasons:
- It would provide more support to my bottom and would add more comfort for the rider.
- As I would use more of my pony's neck, his neck would be more towards ground and it would limit his field of view which would make him totally dependent on me for directions and he'll be more obeying.

If i think my thighs/feet are getting numb and i have no time to rest as i have to reach somewhere in a time constraint,
then i would pony ride my carrier for some time, it'll be slower than SR but i still be covering distance and moreover in this scenario i would have to use reins crops and spurs a lot to make my carrier go faster.

here are my thought on your question

-> For transportation:

- that would depend on the distance i have to cover and also i how much time i have to cover and the landscapes i'll be traveling through.
- an ideal case would be riding for about 2.5-3 kms on one mount and the same distance on the other.

-> For leisure:

-now this depends totally on my mood, right?
but one thing i can enjoy is having more comfortable seat is SR because now i'll be able to do more neck riding and would just simply change my carrier when he gets too tired.

- if language, is a barrier then i have no options other than being quite active with my spurs and crop.
I would use my spurs and crops evry time they make a wrong move for a iven command until they get it right, this mean both the carriers initially may get a lot of spurs and crops from me.
-Also when i think the carrier is getting sloppy or if i want him to go faster , i have to use my crop and kick him/her with spurred heel.

-If i have to steer the carrier quite often then i have to be quite firm with the reins and bits.
combined with spurs, i would use reins to change carrier's direction and pace.

- this again is totally dependent on whether carrier is used for transportation or liesure and how much duration i have for the trip.
- as i mentioned, ideally 2.5-3 kms before the switch.

JayRey8585 wrote:

Audreyb & Others,

Let’s entertain the idea of a peasant(s) used as a carrier (shoulder riding) in a foreign country as your means of transportation and or for leisure riding. If you were assigned two peasants for the entirety of a trip, what kind of tack would you use? Example: stirrups that attaches to a harness, bit and reins, some sort of seat made for shoulders if it was available, spurs, crop, etc.

Still using the above idea, what are your thoughts:

This is very intriguing to me and look forward to everyone’s opinions!

#27 2020-03-30 22:09:57

JayRey8585

Rider_in,

I completely agree that a saddle might not be comfortable for the carrier!

Audreyb,

Do you mind sending me an email?

#28 2020-03-31 06:55:28

Audreyb

JayRey8585

I'll answer as well as I can  based on the hypothetical arrangement involved.
Please  understand that this is how I see such things ,since I have never lived in a society where such situations would be likely to exist.

>Still using the peasant idea, what would be the difference in you using one of them as transportation versus you wanting to ride on one for pleasure/leisure riding?

Yes! It would be different because they are nothing more than a  conveyance  from one place to another. Riding for pleasure doesn't involve a destination or require any particular efficiency ,but rather that I can sit comfortably and enjoy the  view and experience.

>1. Where would you spur the peasant?

I would use the spurs as  required and  where they would reach which would likely be  on the  flanks  or the rides of his ribcage depending on  how tall he was. I know that a  sharp kick in the ribs with the spurs  will quickly correct any  lax in  discipline.

>2. At the end of the day, you dismount and notice the peasant you were riding has marks from your spurs, what would go through your mind?

I would see any  marks or  cuts  from my spurs as little more than  the requirement of the  task involved. The carrier's lot in life would be to carry and obey.  Abusing him wouldn't serve my purpose  but disciplining him would.  His job is to serve and obey.

>I 100 percent agree that you need to be comfortable during these rides and that stirrups would help. I wonder if they wore some sort of chest harness that the stirrups could attach too if you could mount them using stirrups and dismount the same way?

Stirrups  may  help but more for adjusting my seat on him while I'm mounted  rather than to  mount his shoulders.
To mount him, He would be required to kneel or  squat in some fashion with his head bowed so I could sit on him and position my self properly before ordering him to stand.
He should be  strong enough to accomplish this. But if he is not, I would allow him to use some form of help from either a cane of some kind or perhaps the assistance of the other carrier.
The carriers I use  now for fun are usually  able to stand with me  sitting on  them.
A peasant who carrier people for a living should be able to do the  same.

#29 2020-03-31 10:05:43

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

I agree with your answers to my hypothetical questions!

Do you mind sending me an email? jasonreynolds102708@icloud.com

#30 2020-03-31 13:46:34

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

1. I know in the past you have said that you normally don’t tend to use spurs on your human mounts, but, rather prefer to wear they to remind the mount that they could be used at any time. With that said, if you were to be riding on a peasant and you were wearing spurs, would you be more inclined to use your spurs on them compared to a mount you are riding at home?

2a. Again, riding on a peasant and using them as a transportation tool for the time being, what pace would you set if having to travel two miles to get to your destination and had 40 minutes to do so?

2b. If you had two peasants assigned to you, during your two mile trip, where would the second peasant be and is he tied up to the chest harness of the carrier you’re on or are you holding his lead in your hand?

3. If riding a peasant for leisure riding, would you specifically try to avoid hills or various elevation changes to minimize the strain or fatigue it could cause your carrier going up these said hills?

4. Describe the ideal ride for YOU while riding on a peasant?

5. Going off of a previous question I asked and you answered, if you dismounted your carrier and did notice marks on his sides from your spurs, other than accepting that it’s part of it, would you directly say anything to him about his marks, such as: “do those hurt?”, “sorry about my spurs.”, etc.

#31 2020-03-31 18:22:28

JayRey8585

Since I have been posting, I realized I have not stated my preferred status/position. I am interested in being a carrier. I don’t have any desire to ride on anyone though.

I agree with a lot of the riders on this forum in that the rider should have ultimate control over his/her mount at all times. The carrier should do his best to meet the demands of his rider as well.

I don’t think the carrier should have any say in what tack is going to be used. (Bit & reins, stirrups, spurs, crop, etc)

With that said, I try to imagine truly how it might be with someone skilled at riding (Audreyb as an example) sitting on me. How would I react to various situations?  Would I want to be kicked repeatedly with spurs? No. Do I think if she (the rider) used them when needed it would clarify what she was asking of me at the time or motivate and or discourage negative behaviors, absolutely.

Would the bit in my mouth hurt? I’m sure it would if pulled on hard enough. Would it allow the rider to effectively communicate with her mount as to where to go and when to stop? You bet!

I’m in good physical shape as my career (Fire) dictates that I be. I say that because I wouldn’t be worried about being able to carry someone, it’s more of would I be a good ‘mount’ for my rider?

Audreyb and a few others have said this activity should be as close to riding a real horse as possible and I agree. But, without riding with a bit/reins, stirrups and some sort of leg or hand aid, I don’t think you achieve that fully.

Just my opinion. smile

#32 2020-04-01 05:45:06

Audreyb

Again I'll try to answer in the order you asked as  honestly as I can.

>1. I know in the past you have said that you normally don’t tend to use spurs on your human mounts, but, rather prefer to wear they to remind the mount that they could be used at any time. With that said, if you were to be riding on a peasant and you were wearing spurs, would you be more inclined to use your spurs on them compared to a mount you are riding at home? <

Yes of course I would be more inclined to  use spurs on the peasant than I would on my usual  carrier. The peasant would be nothing to me and his feelings wouldn't matter. Just as I would be less inclined to over exert a horse that I owned as apposed to a horse I rented from a stable. I'm  rather fond of my carrier at home. He is not a  romantic interest but more like a  pet.
But I'm a  business woman and I expect efficiency any service I pay for.

>2a. Again, riding on a peasant and using them as a transportation tool for the time being, what pace would you set if having to travel two miles to get to your destination and had 40 minutes to do so? <

Two  miles in  40 minutes is a rather fast pace for a man even without  me sitting on him. I would have to assume I would have to change to the second carrier after the first half hour to avoid my carrier falling in  exhaustion and possibly injuring me. I  weigh 135 lbs but that's somewhat of a  burden on an average man  walking at the pace required. The second peasant would of course be walking at the same pace while unburdened and not as fresh when I mount  him as  the  first one was at the start of  the ride.

>2b. If you had two peasants assigned to you, during your two mile trip, where would the second peasant be and is he tied up to the chest harness of the carrier you’re on or are you holding his lead in your hand? <

I assume the  second carrier  would be attached  to a harness or  belt etc of the one I was  riding. Whether he followed or walked beside   wouldn't matter  but  he couldn't lag  behind because doing so would slow my  progress.

>3. If riding a peasant for leisure riding, would you specifically try to avoid hills or various elevation changes to minimize the strain or fatigue it could cause your carrier going up these said hills? <

If I were riding for  leisure, the view  from a hill top would be part of the enjoyment and the  carriers fatigue wouldn't  concern me.   His  job is to serve.

>4. Describe the ideal ride for YOU while riding on a peasant?<

Ideally the peasant would carry  me with his head bowed with his back slightly hunched  to support my bottom  and walk smoothly without  bouncing me excessively.
During  rest periods he would  rest on his hands and knees so  that I would have the option of sitting on his back , rather like a  bench. I find this arrangement rather comfortable and convenient when  riding  my carrier at  home.

>5. Going off of a previous question I asked and you answered, if you dismounted your carrier and did notice marks on his sides from your spurs, other than accepting that it’s part of it, would you directly say anything to him about his marks, such as: “do those hurt?”, “sorry about my spurs.”, etc.Rey8585<

I wouldn't apologize for the spurs or the wounds  and I  wouldn't feel sorry at all.
Why would I lie or be concerned ?  He is a beast of  burden  and I have no feelings about him at all. He obeys my orders  and  deals with  the  consequences of  failing to.

#33 2020-04-01 11:29:36

JayRey8585

Audreyb,

Did you see my message in this thread a few days ago about email!?

Also, I understand and agree with your assessment or demeanor towards a peasant and even a carrier in general. What I find interesting was your comment as to riding a peasant or carrier that you don’t know harder physically compared to if you had an ‘ownership’ stake with that carrier.

1. Describe how you would ride a horse that you rented harder than if you owned it?

2. Describe something similar only in regards to a carrier and what would a ride look like if you didn’t have a vested interest in the carrier. Rented carrier (peasant) versus your own carrier that you ‘own’ so to speak?

3. I do think I might have been overzealous in my two miles in forty minutes question! Haha. But in reality, how would you handle riding on a peasant where you needed to cover a good amount of ground in a fairly limited amount of time simply from a transportation standpoint? (How to you keep him at the pace you want? Get him to speed up and then slow back down to a reasonable pace that can be sustained physically on his end as the carrier? Etc.)

4. An aspect I never really gave much thought too, but, does sound like it could be fun for a rider is to ride along side another rider. *IF* you have done this, do you carry on a conversation with the other rider or focus more on your mounts?

I do appreciate that you don’t sugar coat your answers and that they are straight forward!

~ Jay

#34 2020-04-01 20:00:44

centaur
Male (40), USA

Great thread! I am glad to see more and more Riders embracing a dominant approach towards their carriers.

I have been ridden with spurs, riding crop and bridles in the past. I love two aspects about those tools:

1. They allow the Rider to control the carrier without verbal commands, thus reinforcing the servile and (temporarily) sub-human role of the person beneath them.

2. The Rider can inflict pain to trigger the most instinctive response in their carrier: trying to escape the pain. This will summon extra reserves of energy that the carrier may otherwise be unable to access, with the result of a longer ride for the Rider's benefit.

Although the above can be hard, I believe a good carrier will ultimately feel proud of having been pushed to offer the best possible performance.

#35 2020-04-01 23:08:00

JayRey8585

@ Centaur,

I completely agree with you statement and your two reasons laid out as to how it makes you feel.

There have been riders on this thread that have also agreed that shoulder riding should be as close to riding a real horse as possible. You won’t achieve that without: bit and reins, stirrups, spurs, crop, etc.

You have probably seen where Audreyb and I have had candid conversation about her opinions and how she might act on a peasant as her carrier. I ask it that way because I find when you ask it to someone and they don’t know the person, it tends to bring out their feelings as if they were riding a horse. I feel when asked, “How would you treat and ride on Steven?”, to Susan, if there is at all a relationship of some sorts there already, Susan might tend to be easier on Steven because feelings are involved and it then brings the human element back into play.  That’s my opinion though.

~ Jay

#36 2020-04-01 23:14:34

Jeff
Admin
Male (56), US
Website

At concerts, random girls I don’t know are rougher and less considerate than someone I have a friendship or relationship with.

#37 2020-04-02 05:26:39

centaur
Male (40), USA

@Jay @Jeff - You guys make a great point! It's also consistent with what Audreyb said above, when comparing how she would push a rental horse harder than her own horse. (We all do the same thing with rental cars, don't we?)

On the other hand, the opportunity to ride the same human pony regularly could get a Rider to feel progressively more comfortable pushing his/her limits. I was once in a wonderful 24/7 relationship, and my Owner did not hesitate to use a pair of sharp spurs on me... 🤔

#38 2020-04-02 06:04:03

Audreyb

JayRey8585

>Did you see my message in this thread a few days ago about email!?

I'm sorry but I  don't correspond   except with other riders. I have corresponded with  carriers in the past and it has always resulted in requests to meet or have phone conversations  and I must disappoint them because I have  little time  or inclination  to meet random  strangers.

>Also, I understand and agree with your assessment or demeanor towards a peasant and even a carrier in general. What I find interesting was your comment as to riding a peasant or carrier that you don’t know harder physically compared to if you had an ‘ownership’ stake with that carrier.

I think  most people would see it that way.  My favorite carrier considers  himself to be my slave, though  obviously  he is free to come and  go and refuse  my  orders without and consequence other than his being dismissed from my life.
Also, I can ride him any time I want in any matter I want  even if he  didn't want  me to.
He usually does want me to,  but he will obey regardless of what he wants.
Our  times together are for enjoyment rather than a  function  such as  transportation to a destination. Since I often prefer to ride him in the  hands and knees position ,there would be no practical purpose in riding a  rented peasant that way.

>1. Describe how you would ride a horse that you rented harder than if you owned it?

I would be far  more inclined  to rest my own  horse  than one I rented from a stable  and at least concerned about my investment . A horse I owned would know me and be comfortable with me sitting on his back. I wouldn't be concerned about  spurring a rental or running him  into a lather. Having been on a number of rental horses, I know that getting them to go faster than a canter requires some  spurring, though I would not spur  hard since I must respect the fact that he is the stables  property/

>2. Describe something similar only in regards to a carrier and what would a ride look like if you didn’t have a vested interest in the carrier. Rented carrier (peasant) versus your own carrier that you ‘own’ so to speak?

I'm not sure what you mean  beyond  the difference I stated above.
The most obvious difference would be that I  wouldn't be concerned about a  rented peasant being  injured in his task and that I would be riding him with a purpose and destination.  Of course I wouldn't be riding a peasant on all fours  which I  sometimes prefer with my own carrier.

>3. I do think I might have been overzealous in my two miles in forty minutes question! Haha. But in reality, how would you handle riding on a peasant where you needed to cover a good amount of ground in a fairly limited amount of time simply from a transportation standpoint? (How to you keep him at the pace you want? Get him to speed up and then slow back down to a reasonable pace that can be sustained physically on his end as the carrier? Etc.)

Whatever the distance involved, I would want the most direct  route regardless of the terrain . I would  set his pace  by means of  verbal commands, the spurs and reins.

>4. An aspect I never really gave much thought too, but, does sound like it could be fun for a rider is to ride along side another rider. *IF* you have done this, do you carry on a conversation with the other rider or focus more on your mounts?

I have ridden with a partner several times and in fact  it was that partner  who got me  interested  in shoulder riding as an activity  and inspired my  attitude about the relationship  between a rider and carrier.  He does have  what could only be called a  "stable" of  carriers and though I have of course been on men's shoulders before, it was usually  brief periods involving games, cheer leading  and sitting on a guy's shoulders at an event or concert etc.
The carrier he assigned  to me the first time  didn't like carrying  me (he was gay and didn't like women)  and my friend  instructed me  in disciplining him so that I could sit and ride  comfortably. He was in fact  more harsh with his carrier though  neither of us wore spurs. He was  of course gay and his carriers were far more like slaves to him  than  my own  carrier is to me.

>I do appreciate that you don’t sugar coat your answers and that they are straight forward!

I prefer to be honest in such matters if I address  them at all.  I know some people would see my attitude as cold or even  cruel  but  complete  honesty often is.

#39 2020-04-02 08:48:50

userx
Male

Audreyb wrote:

JayRey8585

I'm sorry but I  don't correspond   except with other riders. I have corresponded with  carriers in the past and it has always resulted in requests to meet or have phone conversations  and I must disappoint them because I have  little time  or inclination  to meet random  strangers.

>Also, I understand and agree with your assessment or demeanor towards a peasant and even a carrier in general. What I find interesting was your comment as to riding a peasant or carrier that you don’t know harder physically compared to if you had an ‘ownership’ stake with that carrier.

I think  most people would see it that way.  My favorite carrier considers  himself to be my slave, though  obviously  he is free to come and  go and refuse  my  orders without and consequence other than his being dismissed from my life.
Also, I can ride him any time I want in any matter I want  even if he  didn't want  me to.
Our  times together are for enjoyment rather than a  function  such as  transportation to a destination. Since I often prefer to ride him in the  hands and knees position ,there would be no practical purpose in riding a  rented peasant that way.

>1. Describe how you would ride a horse that you rented harder than if you owned it?

I would be far  more inclined  to rest my own  horse  than one I rented from a stable  and at least concerned about my investment . A horse I owned would know me and be comfortable with me sitting on his back. I wouldn't be concerned about  spurring a rental or running him  into a lather. Having been on a number of rental horses, I know that getting them to go faster than a canter requires some  spurring, though I would not spur  hard since I must respect the fact that he is the stables  property/

>2. Describe something similar only in regards to a carrier and what would a ride look like if you didn’t have a vested interest in the carrier. Rented carrier (peasant) versus your own carrier that you ‘own’ so to speak?

The most obvious difference would be that I  wouldn't be concerned about a  rented peasant being  injured in his task and that I would be riding him with a purpose and destination.  Of course I wouldn't be riding a peasant on all fours  which I  sometimes prefer with my own carrier.

>3. I do think I might have been overzealous in my two miles in forty minutes question! Haha. But in reality, how would you handle riding on a peasant where you needed to cover a good amount of ground in a fairly limited amount of time simply from a transportation standpoint? (How to you keep him at the pace you want? Get him to speed up and then slow back down to a reasonable pace that can be sustained physically on his end as the carrier? Etc.)

Whatever the distance involved, I would want the most direct  route regardless of the terrain . I would  set his pace  by means of  verbal commands, the spurs and reins.

>4. An aspect I never really gave much thought too, but, does sound like it could be fun for a rider is to ride along side another rider. *IF* you have done this, do you carry on a conversation with the other rider or focus more on your mounts?

I have ridden with a partner several times and in fact  it was that partner  who got me  interested  in shoulder riding as an activity  and inspired my  attitude about the relationship  between a rider and carrier.  He does have  what could only be called a  "stable" of  carriers and though I have of course been on men's shoulders before, it was usually  brief periods involving games, cheer leading  and sitting on a guy's shoulders at an event or concert etc.
The carrier he assigned  to me the first time  didn't like carrying  me (he was gay and didn't like women)  and my friend  instructed me  in disciplining him so that I could sit and ride  comfortably. He was in fact  more harsh with his carrier though  neither of us wore spurs. He was  of course gay and his carriers were far more like slaves to him  than  my own  carrier is to me.

>I do appreciate that you don’t sugar coat your answers and that they are straight forward!

I prefer to be honest in such matters if I address  them at all.  I know some people would see my attitude as cold or even  cruel  but  complete  honesty often is.

Hi .... It will be my pleasure to be a pony /carrier for such women...
I always wanted to serve like this.....
amangarg30531@gmail.com
My id...if yiu you wanna talk about it.  It will be a pleasure of mine..
I am happy with spur and crop and totally agree that rider should be satisfied, despite pain in carrier:)..
May I become pony slave for you?
Please

#40 2020-04-02 08:49:08

userx
Male

Audreyb wrote:

JayRey8585

Hi .... It will be my pleasure to be a pony /carrier for such women...
I always wanted to serve like this.....
amangarg30531@gmail.com
My id...if yiu you wanna talk about it.  It will be a pleasure of mine..
I am happy with spur and crop and totally agree that rider should be satisfied, despite pain in carrier:)..
May I become pony slave for you?
Please

#41 2020-04-02 13:49:35

JayRey8585

@ Audreyb,

“I'm sorry but I  don't correspond   except with other riders. I have corresponded with  carriers in the past and it has always resulted in requests to meet or have phone conversations  and I must disappoint them because I have  little time  or inclination  to meet random  strangers.”

(1.) I completely understand and did not mean to come across as being rude or inconsiderate in anyway by asking. I have seen (in this thread alone) several people ask you to email them so you ‘can ride them’, so I do understand your position, but please know that was not my intent by having you email, but rather to exchange thoughts and ideas. You do seem like someone with a good head on your shoulders, so you opinion and thoughts are much appreciated. Again, I apologize if I had come off as being rude.

“I think most people would see it that way.  My favorite carrier considers  himself to be my slave, though  obviously  he is free to come and  go and refuse  my  orders without and consequence other than his being dismissed from my life.
Our  times together are for enjoyment rather than a  function  such as  transportation to a destination. Since I often prefer to ride him in the  hands and knees position ,there would be no practical purpose in riding a  rented peasant that way.”

(2.) I do agree that MOST people see it this way and as pointed out, even view it the same way with a rental car. My point was that you might get a more honesty answer based on pure speculation of how someone might act/react versus getting an answer with heart and emotion as a motivator as to why they would do X,Y,Z. Has there been a time your carrier didn’t want you to ride on him, but he allowed you too anyway?

“I would be far  more inclined  to rest my own  horse  than one I rented from a stable and at least concerned about my investment . A horse I owned would know me and be comfortable with me sitting on his back. I wouldn't be concerned about  spurring a rental or running him  into a lather. Having been on a number of rental horses, I know that getting them to go faster than a canter requires some  spurring, though I would not spur  hard since I must respect the fact that he is the stables  property”

(3a.) More inclined to rest a horse after a certain amount of time sitting on him? Running him for a long period of time and spurring him to keep him going - is that what you were referring too?
(3b.) When you say you wouldn’t spur a rental horse hard out of respect for the owner (stable), on a 1-10 (10 being the hardest you could physically spur him) how hard would you spur a rental horse?
(3c.) Using the same 1-10 scale, what’s the hardest you could spur a rented peasant? What do you think your average kick with spurs on the said peasant would be on a 1-10 scale?

"Whatever the distance involved, I would want the most direct  route regardless of the terrain . I would  set his pace  by means of  verbal commands, the spurs and reins."

• Loved that you would set the most direct route regardless of the topography of the area in which you were in! I do think your spurs would play a huge factor here in keeping him at pace or making him fight through being fatigued. As expected your reins attached to a thin metal bit secured in his mouth would also play a huge part for you. Being able to stop and turn him a certain direction would be critical for your safety as well.
(4.) How firm would you be with the reins knowing the bit is probably going to sting/hurt his mouth when pulling back on the reins? 

"I have ridden with a partner several times and in fact  it was that partner  who got me  interested  in shoulder riding as an activity  and inspired my  attitude about the relationship  between a rider and carrier.  He does have  what could only be called a  "stable" of  carriers and though I have of course been on men's shoulders before, it was usually  brief periods involving games, cheer leading  and sitting on a guy's shoulders at an event or concert etc.
The carrier he assigned  to me the first time  didn't like carrying  me (he was gay and didn't like women)  and my friend  instructed me  in disciplining him so that I could sit and ride  comfortably. He was in fact  more harsh with his carrier though  neither of us wore spurs. He was  of course gay and his carriers were far more like slaves to him  than  my own  carrier is to me.”

• I think it’s great that you have someone that you tried this with and because of that, has you exploring your own interest in this!
(5a.) When riding with him (your friend) do you guys ride side-by-side or in front of or behind each other?
(5b.) Is there quite a bit of conversation between the two of you? Do/Did you guys talk about your carriers during the ride?
(5c.) When you say he was harder on his carrier than you were yours, what did he do that you didn’t that would make you say that?

“I prefer to be honest in such matters if I address  them at all.  I know some people would see my attitude as cold or even  cruel  but  complete  honesty often is.”

• Again I appreciate it. I really dislike (being polite on the forum) someone who lies or doesn’t answer truthfully. Their integrity goes out the window and would prefer not to interact with them and for the record, I don’t think telling the truth makes someone “cold or cruel”, but rather a respectable human being!

~ Jay

#42 2020-04-02 13:54:50

JayRey8585

@ Centaur,

“On the other hand, the opportunity to ride the same human pony regularly could get a Rider to feel progressively more comfortable pushing his/her limits. I was once in a wonderful 24/7 relationship, and my Owner did not hesitate to use a pair of sharp spurs on me... 🤔”

• I didn’t think of this angle, but you very well could be correct. The more you know someone and get comfortable riding on them, the more you might want to push them and if using spurs was one form of “motivating” the rider could give his/her mount, so be it!

(1.) Do you allow just females to ride you or both male and female riders?

#43 2020-04-02 17:35:31

centaur
Male (40), USA

@Jay - I prefer female riders, but I have carried some males as well

#44 2020-04-02 19:35:01

JayRey8585

@ Centaur,

Which rider (male or female) do you find to be more demanding as a rider and quicker to discipline you as a carrier?

#45 2020-04-02 21:42:17

centaur
Male (40), USA

Typically, I would say that men tend to be more dominant right away. I do enjoy that type of attitude, as long as it doesn't get to a point where I don't feel safe or anybody risks an injury.

On the other hand, women tend to be more thoughtful. So they often become more demanding in a gradual way, which is the best approach to build trust. And once they feel comfortable they can be just as demanding as any man.

Of course that's inevitably a generalization, based on my personal experience.

As a carrier I always assume that my Rider is in charge, so I try to adapt to her/his style and personality and to be the best human pony I can. I will probably serve a dominant male Rider more out of fear, and a female Rider more out of submission to her gender... but the end result is the same: my job is to obey, and to offer the most satisfying experience.

That includes my Rider's prerogative to use gear like spurs / whip / bridles to control me and to spur me on.

I would love to read your point of view on this aspect, as well as anybody else's on the forum.

#46 2020-04-02 22:39:57

JayRey8585

@ Centaur,

First, I completely agree with everything you said. I have not had a male ride on me, so from my short experience with shoulder riding in general, I can see where naturally (and listening to your experiences as well) a male rider will mount a carrier and be more assertive and demanding from the go versus a female. Again, like you said, I’m her generalizing.

Do males spur harder than women on average or have you found where men don’t spur as hard knowing their general strength versus women spurring harder from the start hoping to make an impact on you (the carrier) right away?

Describe your experiences where you say males are more demanding right away versus females and how their riding styles vary?

#47 2020-04-03 05:27:52

Audreyb

JAYRAY8585

(1.) I completely understand and did not mean to come across as being rude or inconsiderate in anyway by asking. I have seen (in this thread alone) several people ask you to email them so you ‘can ride them’, so I do understand your position, but please know that was not my intent by having you email, but rather to exchange thoughts and ideas. You do seem like someone with a good head on your shoulders, so you opinion and thoughts are much appreciated. Again, I apologize if I had come off as being rude.

I wasn't offended.

(2.) I do agree that MOST people see it this way and as pointed out, even view it the same way with a rental car. My point was that you might get a more honesty answer based on pure speculation of how someone might act/react versus getting an answer with heart and emotion as a motivator as to why they would do X,Y,Z. Has there been a time your carrier didn’t want you to ride on him, but he allowed you too anyway?

Yes there have been several times my carrier didn't want to carry me for various reasons. Sometimes when I know he would prefer not to I let him off  and sometimes I  insist.
A few weeks ago I asked him to do some chores for me. He's one of the men I call for  favors that involve heavy lifting. This included carrying out some heavy boxes from my  basement and preparing my garden for spring planting.  He always obeys my  request as if  they were commands.  He came in as I was  dressing for a date and he was very tired.   I asked him to look at a loose leg on the table I front of my mirror and he complied, tightening something with a  wrench he had with him .While he was still on his hands and knees I just felt like sitting on his back and did so. It was sidesaddle  of course since I was dressed for the date in a sheath dress. I heard him groan  and assumed him back was sore but it was fun and I said  "giddy up" and spurred him (so to speak) with my heel rather lightly. He obeyed and carried me around my living room for several minutes before stopping . I told him to take me to the mirror behind the table he had repair  and remained sitting on his  broad back while I checked my makeup  before  getting off of him. It was all impulsive  but an example of his obedience regardless of his feelings.

>(3a.) More inclined to rest a horse after a certain amount of time sitting on him? Running him for a long period of time and spurring him to keep him going - is that what you were referring too? <

Yes,  but  I rest a horse after running him. But  not just sitting on him. A horse  can rest   without the rider  dismounting.

>(3b.) When you say you wouldn’t spur a rental horse hard out of respect for the owner (stable), on a 1-10 (10 being the hardest you could physically spur him) how hard would you spur a rental horse? <

I wouldn't spur  him as hard as I could. I would say a  5 based a 1 to 10  factor.
A 10 would likely puncture  and injure the horse and he may even dislodge  me.

>(3c.) Using the same 1-10 scale, what’s the hardest you could spur a rented peasant? What do you think your average kick with spurs on the said peasant would be on a 1-10 scale?<

Again  probably a  5  would be the hardest. anything harder could injure a human  which would slow his progress and may even cause him to  fall.

>• Loved that you would set the most direct route regardless of the topography of the area in which you were in! I do think your spurs would play a huge factor here in keeping him at pace or making him fight through being fatigued. As expected your reins attached to a thin metal bit secured in his mouth would also play a huge part for you. Being able to stop and turn him a certain direction would be critical for your safety as well.
(4.) How firm would you be with the reins knowing the bit is probably going to sting/hurt his mouth when pulling back on the reins? <

I would pull the reins as hard as required to turn or halt him. With his head  bowed as I prefer I could see farther head while sitting on his shoulders  and direct him away from  obstacles .  The reins  may also be useful to maintain myself on him if he did actually fall so that I would  at least  land on him to cushion  the fall  and avoid injury to myself.

• I think it’s great that you have someone that you tried this with and because of that, has you exploring your own interest in this!

>(5a.) When riding with him (your friend) do you guys ride side-by-side or in front of or behind each other? <

Sometimes beside and sometimes he lead and I  followed,  depending on the  path we  were on.

>(5b.) Is there quite a bit of conversation between the two of you? Do/Did you guys talk about your carriers during the ride? <

Yes we talked  and he instructed me  about how to make my carrier obey. The  guy I was on resented being assigned  to carrying a woman and  my friend instructed me on how to make him obey

>(5c.) When you say he was harder on his carrier than you were yours, what did he do that you didn’t that would make you say that?<

Well first  he is heavier than I am  by at least 35 lbs.  and his carrier was smaller than mine. Neither of us were wearing spurs  but he definitely kicked his carrier harder.
After  about  25  minutes in which he set the pace,(I would have rested the carriers sooner)  his  carrier  laid flat on his back, exhausted  and mine sat on the  ground. I walked about for a few  moments as did my partner, but I found a tree stump to sit on  and  my partner sat down on his supine carrier. His carrier was  apparently  used to this and barely grunted as  my partner casually sat  down on his chest. He  saw my  questioning look  and just smiled and said he  didn't like getting his  shorts  dirty.
I of course remained sitting on my stump  and let my  carrier rest.

>• Again I appreciate it. I really dislike (being polite on the forum) someone who lies or doesn’t answer truthfully. Their integrity goes out the window and would prefer not to interact with them and for the record, I don’t think telling the truth makes someone “cold or cruel”, but rather a respectable human being!<

That's how I see it too. Giving  false impressions , even out of concern for how I am  perceived is disrespectful. My views are what they are  and anyone  who  might think less of me because of  my  views  need  not associate  with me.

#48 2020-04-04 00:49:12

JayRey8585

@ Audreyb,

1. When you ride with your friend, where did you ride? (Trail? Wide open pasture?)

2. Describe how he kicked in your opinion using a 10 scale versus how hard you kicked you reluctant mount using a 10 scale?

3. What kind of conversation did you have with your friend while riding? (General conversation? Conversation about what you were doing right then?)

4. If your mount or your friend’s mount decided to enter you and your friends conversation, how would YOU have handled that and how do you think your friend would have handled his mount?

5. What was the pace for the ride?

#49 2020-04-04 05:41:16

Audreyb

JayRay3535:

>. When you ride with your friend, where did you ride? (Trail? Wide open pasture 

Most of the trail was forest with a few places that were  meadows.  Part was a  walking path  and part  an equestrian trail. We  only encountered 4 other  people including one  riding a horse at a distance . A man walking alone didn't seem to notice  us  and two older women just smiled.

>2. Describe how he kicked in your opinion using a 10 scale versus how hard you kicked you reluctant mount using a 10 scale?

My partner  seemed to  kick his carrier rather sharp in this ribs. He was wearing tennis  shoes as was I.  I would guess he kicked about a  6  and I don't think I  kicked my carry that hard  more than 2 or 3  times.

>3. What kind of conversation did you have with your friend while riding? (General conversation? Conversation about what you were doing right then?)

I don't remember the  casual  conversation since it was 3 years ago. Most of the time we talked about the scenery and he instructed  me  on how I should sit and control  my carrier's head, gripping it tighter  with my thighs when going up inclines  and to prevent my carrier from bouncing me with his rough walking  gate.

4. If your mount or your friend’s mount decided to enter you and your friends conversation, how would YOU have handled that and how do you think your friend would have handled his mount?

My friend  talked to his mount but all I heard  from  the mount was acknowledgements   like  "Yes"  and  "yes  master".  My friend gave  commands  and at  one point slap his carrier's head  for some  misdeed but neither carrier was involved in  our  conversations.
My partner threatened  my carrier  twice. Once with a beating  and once with being dismissed  which seemed to distress  my carrier  more than the threat of a beating.
I  have no idea what sort of  beating such a threat entailed and  honestly didn't care.
I remember I was still somewhat angry at  my carrier for his resentment of  carrying me  and his earlier disobedience.

>5. What was the pace for the ride?

The pace  varied quite a bit from a  fast pace  , somewhat  slower than a  jog  to a leisurely stroll  with several complete stops  where  we looked at scenery and  just  sat on  our carrier while admiring a view  or the actions of the deer and other animal's activities from  our perches.

#50 2020-04-05 04:29:33

JayRey8585

@ Audreyb,

1. How did your mount react to hearing your friend tell you how to control him?

2. When you both stopped and took in the scenery while ‘perched’ on top of them, how did they react?

3. What made your friend kick his mount?

4. Is it the mounts fault that his gait was ‘bouncing you’ to much?

Board footer