Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-09 05:28:03

gsgxxx
Male (33), Chile

carriers is getting tired

Hello everyone
I have a question for the experienced riders and new riders. What is their attitude when her/his carriers is getting tired, but you still want to continue to ride in him/her ?...you stop them, you help them to continue or what...thanks for your comments

#2 2017-07-10 19:28:33

Audreyb

Re: carriers is getting tired

I'm  not the  most experienced  rider  but I  think  the  question couldn't be generalized to  encompass every  scenario.
I  imagine a  lot  would depend on the relationship  between  the rider and carrier  as well  as  the  nature of  both.

A  rider  might  choose to push  the carrier beyond  the  carrier's  perceived limits  in  order  to increase the carrier's endurance  if the  carrier is the rider's regular  mount.   In  such  cases  I would  increase  the length of time I  sat on  him  between  rest periods  and decrease the time he is allowed to  rest.   
However,  in my  opinion,  in order  to make the experience as  much  like riding  any  non-human beast of  burden, the rider  should be completely in  charge of the carrier,  his  pace  and distance  as well  as  how  long  the carrier  rests  in  general.  If  the  rider  has a  specific desire  concerning  the  period of time he/she is  mounted  or a  specific  destination ,  he/she should perhaps extend  the  ride  to  his/her  satisfaction.

Obviously  no one wants  to have the carrier  die  beneath  them  and  the rider  must  gage the  degree of  the carrier's exhaustion. There  may  even  be cases  where  you feel  your  carrier  should be  disciplined  for insubordinate behavior  and  you  may  choose to deny  him  rest  or  extend the  time between  rest  periods.
Also, I  can imagine that there  could be cases  where  you may  allow a  carrier  to stop  walking  but  you  don't dismount. His  shoulders  may  not be  as tired as  his legs   and you  can simply sit on him in a  stationary  position  while he   catches  his  breath.

As a rider,  you should be aware of  your  carrier's  condition to  avoid possibly  injuring him  and of course the possibility of  him  dropping you.
Needless to  say,  your  relative  weight and body size as well  as  how  you  sit  on  his shoulders  may  lengthen or shorten  the time you can  remain  on him.  There  should be a  balance  between the  rider's  desirers  and  empathy for the  carrier. The strongest  carrier  may  lack  the endurance  you  think  he should have  and  the weakest  may push  himself  beyond  his  physical  limits.    You should enjoy  your  ride  but  also  be  aware of the  carrier's  condition  as much as  possible.

#3 2017-07-17 06:37:09

gsgxxx
Male (33), Chile

Audreyb

How are you. First thank you for your opinion.

I think that the distance to travel, the speed of the pony steps and when it is the best time to rest, are descents of the rider.

In this context, when the rider notices that his carrier is beginning to show signs of fatigue, but still has energy reserves to continue  ride him... the question is, what he feels, what he does and what the attitude of the Riders

regards
Gsgxxx

#4 2017-07-17 16:33:24

gsgxxx
Male (33), Chile

*I think that the distance to travel, the speed of the pony steps and when it is the best time to rest, are decision of the rider.

Board footer