Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-13 15:25:00

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

What season is the best time to shoulder-ride?

Here in the northern hemisphere, it is winter. I have found that this is the best season to go shoulder-riding because, being cooler, the pony-guy doesn't get hot and sweaty like he does in the warmer summer months which means he can keep going for longer. Most shoulder-riders, including me, like to ride a pony-guy for as long as possible. How long a pony-guy can carry another guy (or female) on his shoulders depends on his stamina and fitness. I'll happily ride any size pony, male or female, whatever their size or strength. When the weather is cooler, shoulder-riding can last longer even though both the pony-guy and the shoulder-rider have to wear more clothes to protect against the cold. I've just upload two new photos showing my shoulder-riding the legendary Ali2121 who is an amazing pony-guy despite the fact that he's not as tall or as heavy as I am. Do the members who live in the warmer countries (e.g. India) find it harder to go shoulder-riding when it's hot?

#2 2015-12-18 05:51:49

STUDEKM
Male (36), INDIA

Re: What season is the best time to shoulder-ride?

yeah I agree cooler climates are better for riding
Here in this part of India the climate is warm and sultry.
so pony sweat a lot.I has the experience of getting my shorts wet while riding on a pony

Carriers and ponys mail me at studekm@gmail.com

#3 2015-12-18 07:20:14

trigger
Male (38), India

Hi Checkmate ...

I don't think in India , shoulder riding is done Outdoor. People here are much more interested in other people activities and its difficult to get privacy here.

In Forest / Semi Urban / Village area, I think  one can do, but for that also there must be your companion(i.e 2 persons - Rider and Pony), which is again rare.

I have given only Indoor rides, but I like summers more, As I like to give rides only wearing Inners, just because I become more flexible that way.
Plus I like giving All 4s ride, which is easy that way for me.

My All rides are Paid ones, so I dont get that much time to relax, chill , or have lunch and go again for rides.

But as per my personal liking, I like Summer for Rides.

May be Early Morning Rides in Summers, on a Beach, with less people around.

Thanks.

checkmateguy wrote:

Here in the northern hemisphere, it is winter. I have found that this is the best season to go shoulder-riding because, being cooler, the pony-guy doesn't get hot and sweaty like he does in the warmer summer months which means he can keep going for longer. Most shoulder-riders, including me, like to ride a pony-guy for as long as possible. How long a pony-guy can carry another guy (or female) on his shoulders depends on his stamina and fitness. I'll happily ride any size pony, male or female, whatever their size or strength. When the weather is cooler, shoulder-riding can last longer even though both the pony-guy and the shoulder-rider have to wear more clothes to protect against the cold. I've just upload two new photos showing my shoulder-riding the legendary Ali2121 who is an amazing pony-guy despite the fact that he's not as tall or as heavy as I am. Do the members who live in the warmer countries (e.g. India) find it harder to go shoulder-riding when it's hot?

The Horse

#4 2015-12-21 14:43:52

Audreyb

I prefer spring  when it's warm  enough to wear lighter clothing but still cool  enough to sit on his shoulders without getting a lot of his  perspiration on my legs.  I  also  find that  my  bare  legs hold  onto  his  bare  neck  better than cloth  on  cloth . 
I  don't  mind having  my carrier  sweating  but  if  it's  to  hot  he  can't  carry  me  as  long  as I usually want  him  to  and  he  has to  take  more frequent  breaks and it's sometime rather  boring to be  just sitting  on him while  he recovers and catches  his  breath.

#5 2015-12-22 06:32:24

NY male
Male (33), NY, USA

In India (Mumbai), the heat is humid, so just walking around during the day is enough to make you drenched with sweat. I can't imagine how much you'd be perspiring with shoulder riding. So that pretty much rules out the 10 AM - 4 PM time slot.

Nights are the perfect time. It's pleasant, breezy, fewer people around.

Also, during the daytime hours, if it's cloudy and expected to rain, there are fewer people around and no hot sun burning down on you, so shoulder riding in parks, beaches is possible. and on a side note, there is something quite romantic  (at least for me) about having a girl up on my shoulders when it's raining a little!

Keep in mind, the winter weather in most parts of India is nowhere near as cold as in England. Even during the coldest month of the year in Mumbai, the weather during the day will easily be 75 F. And in the summer months, it will be pushing 95 degrees F.

#6 2015-12-22 06:38:02

NY male
Male (33), NY, USA

checkmateguy wrote:

I've just upload two new photos showing my shoulder-riding the legendary Ali2121 who is an amazing pony-guy despite the fact that he's not as tall or as heavy as I am.

checkmateguy, i didn't see the pics of you and Ali. I looked in the MoM album.

#7 2015-12-24 00:55:55

guero
Male (22), US

A breezy summer night is always my favorite.  That way if you're on a date walking them home it can usually lead to a shoulder ride if you play your cards right. I also love a nice warm fall day.  In that scenario you can usually arrange a walk in the woods with someone you're dating and enjoy the fall colors.  The clothing is nice too, many times leggings or yoga pants.

Board footer