Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-09 02:33:13

rymax6606
Male (27), USA

How to ask someone you don't know for shoulder ride?

Hey
I am wanting to ask some I don't know if he will give me a shoulder ride.  I don't know what to say.  Have any of you had this same problem?
Please tell me how I could ask him.
Thank you

#2 2013-01-09 19:18:01

ali2121
Male (71), England

Re: How to ask someone you don't know for shoulder ride?

It depends whether or not you have a particular person in mind.If not,why not try some of the members of this Forum?Im sure they would be able to give you advice,maybe even carry you themselves,if they knew what country you came from.

Pisces

#3 2013-01-10 01:17:25

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

My advice to rymax6606 is to try and get into a conversation with the guy and then bring up the subject of shoulder riding. Say something like: 'Do you know that some people like to give other people a ride on their shoulders! What do you think at about that?'
That would be a good opening conversation.
If he replies: 'How do you know that? Where did you see people doing that sort of thing?'
You, in turn, would answer: 'Oh, I just happened to see people riding around on each other's shoulders on YouTube. What do you think about people doing that sort of thing?'
He might say: 'I don't know. What do you think about people doing that?'
In which case you could say: 'It looks like fun. I'd like to have a go and see what it is like to have a ride on somebody's shoulders. Maybe you'd like to see if you can give me a ride on your shoulders?'
Remember that old saying - Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

#4 2013-03-05 13:24:14

Am6
Male (sameage as tounge littleolder than teeth), uk

This has worked for me in the past, when in conversation with a woman turn the coversation into men Vs women the woman will always argue that they are equal to men,Then I will come back with something like Ah! but men are so much stronger. Not all women will agree and at this point I will say some thing like "men are much stronger in general"
for example I could pick you up on my shoulders  but you couldn,t do the same to me, twice women have tried to prove me wrong.
whether they try to lift you or invite you to lift them its a winwin situation.
Try it.

No longer a Bonus Member

#5 2013-03-16 04:11:39

rideguy3113
Male (25), USA

I've done it before. It helps since I'm only 5'6, but what I have done is at a concert I was near the back I stood next to a taller guy and the put my hand on hid shoulder as if trying to see standing in my tippy toes. He looked at me and I told him I'm having a hard time seeing, can I sit on your shoulders? He nodded and squatted down and I got on.

The other time I did it is I was playing bball. A guy was dunking. I told him, man I wish I could dunk, do you mind if I get on your shoulders a dunk a few times? And He let me....

Also to Rymax6606, where about do you live?

#6 2013-03-16 19:47:30

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

Ask and thou shall receive! That quote is in the bible somewhere so I guess you could say...errr?... I'd swear by it!

#7 2013-03-17 16:49:15

mountmeforever
Male (46), Canada

I have often just said something like, "I'm feeling really playful and would love to give you a shoulder ride. Would you mind?"  In most cases the woman is more than delighted to get on my shoulders because it makes her feel playful as well and it is truly harmless fun. Once I have broken the ice with someone and have given them a ride, it is really easy to give them more rides in the future. Sometimes, some of them start to get really confident about riding me and they start to get bossy while riding me. They might say something like, "I want you to carry me all the way to the car." This I enjoy very much.

#8 2013-03-17 18:42:29

rideguy3113
Male (25), USA

mountmeforever wrote:

I have often just said something like, "I'm feeling really playful and would love to give you a shoulder ride. Would you mind?"  In most cases the woman is more than delighted to get on my shoulders because it makes her feel playful as well and it is truly harmless fun. Once I have broken the ice with someone and have given them a ride, it is really easy to give them more rides in the future. Sometimes, some of them start to get really confident about riding me and they start to get bossy while riding me. They might say something like, "I want you to carry me all the way to the car." This I enjoy very much.

Ever come to the states?

#9 2013-04-07 17:31:15

lovetoride
Male (30), India

Hi Am6!
Your idea is great indeed!

.................The Rider................

#10 2013-12-06 01:21:43

rymax6606
Male (27), USA

I was in Walmart today and a seen someone I would like to ride.  I started to talk to them but I chickened out and didn't ask because I thought they would say no. How can I ask without being scared that they will say no?

#11 2013-12-06 01:57:30

frenk5080
Male (55), The Netherlands

rymax6606 wrote:

How can I ask without being scared that they will say no?

What I find helpful, is to ask yourself what the worst thing is that could happen.
And then ask yourself the question how likely it would be that this would happen.
This simple technique immediately reduce your stress level.

Be prepared that you will get a lot of no's before someone will respond with a yes. It doesn't say anything about you as a person, just that they don't want to give you a ride.

The strategy that works best for me is to find (or create!) a situation where it is not weird or unusual to ride a guy's shoulders. For instance to reach for the last product on a shelf that's too high up for you to get, unless you get a lift.
Once on a guy's shoulders you give him praise for his strength and give him a challenge. Say something like: 'I bet you can't get me to the other end of this aisle'
Most guys like to show off their strength, make use of it. :-)

Good luck and let us know if how it worked out for you.

Last edited by frenk5080 (2013-12-06 12:54:07)

#12 2013-12-06 19:27:49

ali2121
Male (71), England

Be brave,and dont be upset if you are turned down a couple of times! The person that first asked ME for a shoulder ride had obviously had them before,but I had never carried anyone like that before.But that was over 30 years ago,and I have been giving rides ever since!

Pisces

#13 2013-12-17 10:04:05

robinmax
Male (47), Bergamo,Italy
Website

Hi Rymax,this is my personal experience...who knows that it can work for you as well...

I remember an experience happened three years ago.
I was biking in a park near home as I usually do in the good season,I stopped pausing for a while and another guy was passing by and stopped as well.We started talking and I noticed his big size (he was 1.95 x 120 kg as I discovered then,compared to me that am 1.70 x 70kg around,imagine that!!!) with enormous legs...we started talking about sports and about developing strength.Suddenly I asked him: would you be able to lift me and carry me on your shoulders? The answer is obvious as he was a young man in his 30s,but the most surprising thing is that he did!He had to lower down to let me come on his shoulders but then he lifted and carried me as nothing for at least ten minutes...to think that I was even afraid to ask him!!!These ten minutes were the most likeable and emotional experience in my life up to now....

A mature rider looking for carriers
P.S. I am gay

Board footer