Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-13 20:35:19

ponyplay-es
Male (31), Spain
Website

Enable img tag

I really enjoy the stories and community on this site, but the page looks very dated, and could use some enhancements.
I know that it takes time and effort, but there are small things like enabling the img tag that cost nothing (doesn't increase bandwith/cpu usage, is just enabling a setting on a panel) that would allow the threads to be much more lively and fun.
I could understand if the admins didn't want to enable it site-wide, but what about the images board? Being able of posting previews for videos or pics would be a HUGE advantage...

What do you think?

#2 2018-06-14 20:58:22

Nick
Admin
Male (51), Sweden

Re: Enable img tag

I understand the benefits of using image tags, but this possibility was deliberately inactivated from the very beginning because we want everyone to post in the picture gallery (New Window). If linking to pictures from other websites, they will soon become broken, resulting in older threads becoming useless. So, it must be pictures to be uploaded to our server and displayed in the forum posts, something we cannot implement currently as far as I know.

#3 2018-06-15 16:52:23

ponyplay-es
Male (31), Spain
Website

Re: Enable img tag

Thanks for the explaination Nick. I wasn't aware of it, and it helps understand why it is disabled.

I still think that nothing would prevent using imgs from the gallery on the threads, though, even if there is no interface to do it on a single step.
On the other hand, the most common links on the forum are youtube ones, and youtube hosts the video thumbs themselves, so those won't ever get broken.
In fact, it would probably be more useful to just embed the youtube links, but I'm aware that it would require more work than letting users do it themselves.

Btw, I'm a web dev, so if I can lend a hand to update things, just pm me. I'd be eager to help.

Board footer