Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-20 11:42:12

musclelover

Longest shoulder ride experience

Hi everyone. I 've just discovered this site and i want to share an experience.
I am 29 years old from italy, 180cm x 70 kg and i love riding on shoulders of other men. My best experience so far was about 3 years ago. There was this guy at my gym, very tall and muscular, classical gym head, fun guy but always showing off his muscles and so on. Of course i wanted to ride on his broad shoulders but didn't know how to. One day we met during an outdoor concert, there were some shoulder rides going on and i asked him if he could lift me. In no time he raised me up on his burly shoulders. I rode him for about 40-45 minutes in the end. He was so strong and moving with the music all the time.
I wish i could have another experience like that again...
What about yours longest/best ride experiences?

#2 2015-04-03 11:36:07

leonessi93
Bonus member
Male (22), italy

Re: Longest shoulder ride experience

Ciao ma te di dove sei? Quanto sei alto e quanto pesi? Ti piace portare o essere portato?

Hello to you, but where are you? how tall are you and how much you weigh? Like lead or be led ?

#3 2016-08-01 18:51:22

Italyrider
Male (38), Italy
Website

musclelover wrote:

I am 29 years old from italy, 180cm x 70 kg and i love riding on shoulders of other men. My best experience so far was about 3 years ago. There was this guy at my gym, very tall and muscular, classical gym head, fun guy but always showing off his muscles and so on. Of course i wanted to ride on his broad shoulders but didn't know how to. One day we met during an outdoor concert, there were some shoulder rides going on and i asked him if he could lift me. In no time he raised me up on his burly shoulders. I rode him for about 40-45 minutes in the end. He was so strong and moving with the music all the time.

Ciao abbiamo le stesse passioni io conosco qualcuno che ti puo interessare... se vuoi

#4 2016-08-01 18:51:41

Italyrider
Male (38), Italy
Website

ciao leonessi ma tu sollevi ?

leonessi93 wrote:

Ciao ma te di dove sei? Quanto sei alto e quanto pesi? Ti piace portare o essere portato?

Hello to you, but where are you? how tall are you and how much you weigh? Like lead or be led ?

#5 2016-08-02 18:36:35

Audreyb

If  I  am remembering correctly, my  longest shoulder  ride as an  adult was a little over 2  miles while sitting on my ex husband's shoulders  before we were married.  He  had taken me on  a  long  hike,  much longer than I was prepared  for.  It was partially on a  bridle path in  some woods. I was quite tired and pretended to  twist my  ankle and  insisted that he would have to  carry  me.   I assumed  that he  would carry me in his arms but  he wanted to  carry me  piggyback which was  unacceptable to me.  He  grudgingly  squatted  down as a  compromise  and  I stepped  over  his  neck  and sat on him. I expected him to take me  back  to our group  gathering  but he  continued going in the direction we were  walking.  I  was rather angry with him  so  when we  came to  a hill, I  insisted  that he  carry  me to the top  before turning around. He  grumbled at  this  and  it  made  me  even  angrier   and I wanted to punish him by  burdening him.  He  had  implied that I  was heavy   which  annoyed  me  because  he was  always showing off  his strength  to  try to impress me and other  people. 
He wanted to  stop  and rest a  couple of times  but  I insisted that  he keep  going  and told him  it was getting late  and I  wanted  to get  back  to  my friends.  I  was beginning to  enjoy making him carry  me and  I also  enjoyed  sitting  up  there on him because I'm  only  5ft 2 in  tall  and the  view from that  high  up  was interesting.  I  kept  pushing his head forward and down  so I  could sit  more  comfortably on his shoulders but he  kept  raising his head   making me  grip  him  with  my legs  to  stay on top. I  was not at all happy with him  and slapped him a few times and  he  took his revenge  by walking rather heavily  making me uncomfortable. I  told him  he  was a weakling  and that  I should  look  for a  better  boyfriend   and  that's when he started kind of  jogging, making me  bounce on  his  shoulders  and  hold on with  my hands and legs  to  keep from   falling off.
It was hard enough sitting  up there  because  he was sweating and my cotton  shorts were  even getting wet. I was  really  quite angry at that  point and squeezed his  neck with  my  thighs   causing him  to  get  dizzy and fall down on his hands and  knees. He wasn't  choking but his  circulation was being cut off  and I almost made him  pass out before I  released him. I  just  sat  on his shoulders and  back a  while longer and I slapped his head again  telling him  to behave and  carry  me the way I  wanted. When he  recovered I  made him  lift  me from  where he was  and he  struggled  a bit to stand up  .  When he was upright I  pushed his  head  down  again  and this time he kept  it there  and let  me  sit and ride  more comfortably.    In  spite of the  problems  I  had, I learned  that  I  could control  him   and  I didn't break up  with him  as I  had  planned to.

#6 2016-08-02 19:29:01

Italyrider
Male (38), Italy
Website

musclelover wrote:

hi i m into riding and i had also my longest ride it was 30 minutes shoulderiding in a park and then 20 minutes more piggyback this guy is 192 103 kg massive muscled and very smart guy!

#7 2016-08-02 19:53:50

Jeff
Admin
Male (56), US
Website

I was at a 2 hour concert this summer and I carried a wom for over an hour, broken up into four segments of 17 min, 20 min, 20 min and 10 min each, w about 10 min breaks between segments

#8 2016-08-10 22:18:34

musclelover

Ciao Italyrider!
contattami a lovepecsandmuscle@gmail.com

wink

#9 2016-08-11 04:51:30

trigger
Male (38), India

Hey Audrey...

When was your last shoulder ride experience ??

Thanks.

Audreyb wrote:

If  I  am remembering correctly, my  longest shoulder  ride as an  adult was a little over 2  miles while sitting on my ex husband's shoulders  before we were married.  He  had taken me on  a  long  hike,  much longer than I was prepared  for.  It was partially on a  bridle path in  some woods. I was quite tired and pretended to  twist my  ankle and  insisted that he would have to  carry  me.   I assumed  that he  would carry me in his arms but  he wanted to  carry me  piggyback which was  unacceptable to me.  He  grudgingly  squatted  down as a  compromise  and  I stepped  over  his  neck  and sat on him. I expected him to take me  back  to our group  gathering  but he  continued going in the direction we were  walking.  I  was rather angry with him  so  when we  came to  a hill, I  insisted  that he  carry  me to the top  before turning around. He  grumbled at  this  and  it  made  me  even  angrier   and I wanted to punish him by  burdening him.  He  had  implied that I  was heavy   which  annoyed  me  because  he was  always showing off  his strength  to  try to impress me and other  people. 
He wanted to  stop  and rest a  couple of times  but  I insisted that  he keep  going  and told him  it was getting late  and I  wanted  to get  back  to  my friends.  I  was beginning to  enjoy making him carry  me and  I also  enjoyed  sitting  up  there on him because I'm  only  5ft 2 in  tall  and the  view from that  high  up  was interesting.  I  kept  pushing his head forward and down  so I  could sit  more  comfortably on his shoulders but he  kept  raising his head   making me  grip  him  with  my legs  to  stay on top. I  was not at all happy with him  and slapped him a few times and  he  took his revenge  by walking rather heavily  making me uncomfortable. I  told him  he  was a weakling  and that  I should  look  for a  better  boyfriend   and  that's when he started kind of  jogging, making me  bounce on  his  shoulders  and  hold on with  my hands and legs  to  keep from   falling off.
It was hard enough sitting  up there  because  he was sweating and my cotton  shorts were  even getting wet. I was  really  quite angry at that  point and squeezed his  neck with  my  thighs   causing him  to  get  dizzy and fall down on his hands and  knees. He wasn't  choking but his  circulation was being cut off  and I almost made him  pass out before I  released him. I  just  sat  on his shoulders and  back a  while longer and I slapped his head again  telling him  to behave and  carry  me the way I  wanted. When he  recovered I  made him  lift  me from  where he was  and he  struggled  a bit to stand up  .  When he was upright I  pushed his  head  down  again  and this time he kept  it there  and let  me  sit and ride  more comfortably.    In  spite of the  problems  I  had, I learned  that  I  could control  him   and  I didn't break up  with him  as I  had  planned to.

The Horse

#10 2016-08-12 14:32:48

Audreyb

Trigger: If  you  are asking when  was the last time I  rode on  a  man's shoulders specifically  to  be  carried, it was  last  fall.  I  engaged in "horse-play" with several boyfriends and  male  friends, sitting on their shoulders  for short periods and  carried for short distances. In  July of this  year,  a boy tried to lift  me on his shoulders at a  garden/pool party. It was something of a  sneak attack  from  the same  boy who  tried to lift me  last year and  failed . He  didn't have any better luck  this  time  and since  he wedged  his head between  my legs without  asking  permission, I sat down on him ,putting enough of my weight on him to make lifting me a greater  challenge. He's  an  especially  skinny boy  who isn't  very  bright  and  doesn't know that such behavior is  inappropriate . I  don't  know if any of these instances  count in  regard  to  your  question. I  wish  there was  something more  interesting  to report  but I  simply  don't have  anything else.

#11 2016-08-13 08:28:07

trigger
Male (38), India

Well Audrey if you speak of Real life experience of riding.

They are like this only.

Even all my riding exp have been paid ones.

But I think you can get a good horse if u search here and if ur in mood of getting one.

Thanks

Audreyb wrote:

Trigger: If  you  are asking when  was the last time I  rode on  a  man's shoulders specifically  to  be  carried, it was  last  fall.  I  engaged in "horse-play" with several boyfriends and  male  friends, sitting on their shoulders  for short periods and  carried for short distances. In  July of this  year,  a boy tried to lift  me on his shoulders at a  garden/pool party. It was something of a  sneak attack  from  the same  boy who  tried to lift me  last year and  failed . He  didn't have any better luck  this  time  and since  he wedged  his head between  my legs without  asking  permission, I sat down on him ,putting enough of my weight on him to make lifting me a greater  challenge. He's  an  especially  skinny boy  who isn't  very  bright  and  doesn't know that such behavior is  inappropriate . I  don't  know if any of these instances  count in  regard  to  your  question. I  wish  there was  something more  interesting  to report  but I  simply  don't have  anything else.

The Horse

#12 2016-09-20 07:11:27

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

You sound like a nice dominant rider.  Have you ever been as bossy with anyone other than your ex husband?  Especially with the thigh squeezing.

#13 2016-09-20 14:31:49

Audreyb

guero:

I  suppose I  could be  called  "bossy" in  most of my  relationships.
I'm  the  owner  and  CEO  of  a  small  supply  business  an  I  have to assert  my authority  in  that role on a  daily  basis.
But in  my  everyday  social life I am  assertive in  general and  have always been so.  My ex  husband was a  special  case   simply because  I  normally  chose  men who let  me  dominate them and  he was the  exception  in  the  beginning.

I hate to  give the  impression that I'm akin to  those  dominatrix's  wearing  leather lingerie in  fetish  videos.  I  don't cater  to such desires  unless I  simply feel  like doing so. That incident  of  squeezing my  ex husbands neck  wasn't something I  planned  in  advance either. I  discovered that I could squeeze  someone that way when I  was angry and punishing  my younger  brother when  we  were  both  children. I  learned that it was  called  scissoring  much later on and  it was always  a  spur of the  moment thing. I'm not  a wrestler or someone who  engages  in fighting  for entertainment except as a  spectator.

The  boy who  tried to lift me at the  garden party actually amused me more than he annoyed  me and being a small as he was it would have been inappropriate to squeeze  his skinny neck  so  I just  sat down on him  and kept him  in  place to teach him  a lesson. Needless to  say  that a  boys pushing his head between  an  adult woman's thighs and under her  dress without  permission is not acceptable  behavior.

The "slave"  that  my  friend  loaned  me for  those rides in the woods  was a  different  matter and I didn't squeeze his neck  more than  was required to stay on him. I wasn't  really assertive  on the first ride because in spite of the  fact that   he was obeying  his  "master" (my friend)  he was performing a service in  carrying me  and had he  not demonstrated his dislike of  his  task by  making me  uncomfortable I would  have just sat on him  and let  him  perform as  he  agreed to.
On the second occasion ,  while following  the advice and example  of my friend    I  was  much more  assertive  and  "bossy".  I  took  control  of  him as  any  rider  sitting on  a real  horse  must do and  made  him  behave with  almost complete disregard  for  his comfort.  I believe that anyone assigned to  any  task  that they agreed to take on,  regardless of that person's motivation,  should perform  that  task or service  or  never agree to it in the first place.
This also confirmed my  view  that a  carrier  should always perform in  compliance to  the rider  and perform as much  like a beast of  burden  as practicality and reason dictates.

#14 2016-09-22 00:19:08

SJB
Male (36), United Kingdom

My longest shoulder ride experience ever was given to me by an extremly tall and muscular Dutch guy.  He was 218cm tall and about 170kg with huge muscles.  The ride lasted just over 1 hour with him walking up and down the street with me on his shoulders.  It was an amazing hour being carried on the shoulders of this giant!

#15 2016-09-22 02:12:39

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

I like those different situations.  I absolutely love the idea of having a female boss on my shoulders while she takes inventory of shelved items or changes a lightbulb.  I've had a few attractive female bosses over the years and I wanted nothing more than to be required to carry them on my shoulders for different tasks.  I understand that would never happen because of work-related rules but I can always fantasize.  Also I've really only had one or two riders over the years who have been bossy while most have been nice.  My ideal scenario would be hanging different decorations in a house with tall ceilings while someone assertive made me lift them up.  They would get on by demanding, "get down I'm getting on your shoulders," and after I started to get tired and started to shake, they would squeeze me with their thighs and say "hold still!" in a moody voice.  The sassier the better, and I agree the leather/dominatrix thing is pretty stupid.  I'd rather she just be wearing some nice shorts and a tank top.  Also, have you ever gotten on someone's shoulders using no words at all?  Simply by just motioning for them to kneal down or by coming up from behind them and climbing on?  My favorite is always the lack of permission.

#16 2016-09-22 16:01:32

shouldertaxi
Male

SJB, where can I find that tall guy?? Want him on shoulders!! OK, I going to shake and wobble under this massive guy, but its a Dream for me to have a giant like him on sholders!!!

#17 2016-09-22 16:09:14

Audreyb

guero:

When I was very  young I  sat on a boy's shoulders without his permission  because I was  angry with him and  trying to get him down on the ground.  He was a  friend of my younger  brother  and he was on his knees at the time  .It wasn't because I was  trying to  ride  on his shoulders  so  I  don't  know if  that  is  what you are asking.
I think I mentioned sort of  "ordering"  a  boy  to  carry me in a  chicken fight at the beach  when my  boyfriend  wasn't  there and I wanted  to be involved  in the  chicken fight. Unfortunately he was really  skinny and  could barely  stay up as well as being uncomfortable under me  and I lost very  quickly.
I have  climbed on a  few  boyfriend's shoulders without asking of course  but  they didn't really object.
It was  just  playing around and not  an  activity of any kind.

As for work situations, I have 11  women  and  3  men working for me  and during inventory, one of the girls had one of the men lift her on his shoulders  to record the  serial  and  parts numbers  on the higher storage shelves. The step ladder  that was  normally used  to reach these shelves  was being  used elsewhere.   To be  honest I didn't consider it  inappropriate at the time  but rather a  practical solution.   She was in  charge of the  man  carrying her  and without  going into  details,  he  is a rather useless person  who I  employ as a favor to  a friend. In  retrospect it  might be  inappropriate  since  she  was his  boss during  the  inventory,  being in  charge as she  was, and  he  didn't really have a  choice.  But as I  said,  it was practical and at least he was  doing something useful.
It would  certainly  be inappropriate for me  to have  been sitting on him  since I'm  his actual employer.

#18 2016-09-22 18:54:51

trigger
Male (38), India

Hey Audrey

Why don't you remove the step ladder from your office...

and make this guy Unofficial Step Ladder...

Audreyb wrote:

guero:

When I was very  young I  sat on a boy's shoulders without his permission  because I was  angry with him and  trying to get him down on the ground.  He was a  friend of my younger  brother  and he was on his knees at the time  .It wasn't because I was  trying to  ride  on his shoulders  so  I  don't  know if  that  is  what you are asking.
I think I mentioned sort of  "ordering"  a  boy  to  carry me in a  chicken fight at the beach  when my  boyfriend  wasn't  there and I wanted  to be involved  in the  chicken fight. Unfortunately he was really  skinny and  could barely  stay up as well as being uncomfortable under me  and I lost very  quickly.
I have  climbed on a  few  boyfriend's shoulders without asking of course  but  they didn't really object.
It was  just  playing around and not  an  activity of any kind.

As for work situations, I have 11  women  and  3  men working for me  and during inventory, one of the girls had one of the men lift her on his shoulders  to record the  serial  and  parts numbers  on the higher storage shelves. The step ladder  that was  normally used  to reach these shelves  was being  used elsewhere.   To be  honest I didn't consider it  inappropriate at the time  but rather a  practical solution.   She was in  charge of the  man  carrying her  and without  going into  details,  he  is a rather useless person  who I  employ as a favor to  a friend. In  retrospect it  might be  inappropriate  since  she  was his  boss during  the  inventory,  being in  charge as she  was, and  he  didn't really have a  choice.  But as I  said,  it was practical and at least he was  doing something useful.
It would  certainly  be inappropriate for me  to have  been sitting on him  since I'm  his actual employer.

The Horse

#19 2016-09-23 05:02:27

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

That's awesome, if the girl who was in charge was cute then I'm sure he loved it.  It would also depend on both of their sizes in regard to how cruel it was.  If he was 6'0 and she was 5'2 it would seem harmless but if she was 5'11 and 170 while he was some skinny kid with buckling knees it would be heavenly for me but pretty mean for anyone else.  Still any scenario like that is one I would love to encounter.  If you ever need help taking inventory late at night I would be happy to lend a pair of shoulders.

#20 2016-09-23 20:22:25

Audreyb

guero:

The girl in that case has a pretty face  and I  suppose some men  might find her cute  though  I think most would see her as on the heavy side. I don't know her weight  but I  might  guess at perhaps 160 lbs. or perhaps a little more.  She is about  5ft 2 in  and I  know this  because she is  only a little shorter than I  am when I'm wearing heels.  If  you prefer  that he was  burdened  by her, I'm  quite sure he was. He is about  5ft 9in tall and probably  145 lbs.   I was  very  busy that day  and  was only in that  section  for about 10  or 15  minutes  so I can't tell you how  much longer she was sitting on him. I can  say  that he certainly didn't  like being her ladder/pony. As I  said,  he is  virtually worthless  and  the  girl  in charge  and riding his shoulders  dislikes  him as most of the ladies here do.
He couldn't be trusted to  count  correctly or right down  the part numbers correctly  so if he  wasn't beneath  her  he would  be  standing there doing  nothing.    There was  nothing indecent involved. The girl was wearing shorts  and a  jumper top since climbing up  ladders to  dusty shelves made the  normal office attire rather impractical.   Perhaps she took her time and sat on him  longer than she needed to  but I wouldn't   fault her for  that. He  is  rude, obnoxious   and worthless   and if she  had a little fun  at his expense  I  wouldn't mind at all.  In  thinking about it  now, I  could have put  my 260 lb. Accountant in  charge  of him in that section. My  accountant is gay  and he and the worthless one  hate each other. If he  sat on him instead of the  girl, he would be in  a lot of pain.
But of course I'm  just  musing about such an  arrangement. I wouldn't want my insurance rates increasing  because of  that.
As you might  imagine, I would have been less  forgiving if I was on his shoulders since I have to  pay this man   every week.  It's not at all  the same as I  would regard a carrier  performing the same service  for  me .

#21 2016-09-24 01:30:58

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

That's a pretty awesome story, her thighs must've looked very thick around his neck.  Did she lock her legs around his back so he couldn't put her down?  I wouldn't put someone as heavy as the accountant on him, but if the girls continue to shoulder ride him it could be nice for everyone.  being in an office full of ladies who want/need shoulder rides on a daily basis does sound like heaven.  Even if they don't like me as a person at all but just feel as though they can use me as a ladder it would be awesome.  It seems unlikely that they would want to sit on his shoulders if they actually hate him though.  Every time I've seen it happen it has either been because the woman is playful and likes shoulder rides or because she has a sense of entitlement and thinks she can just be up there.  I suppose like in the case of my older sister I would often carry her to be nice when her feet hurt but it seems pretty rare that they would do it if they couldn't stand him.  If they did it just to be malicious I suppose it would make sense.

#22 2016-09-26 22:23:35

Audreyb

guero:

I  wouldn't  know if the ladies  here would like  riding on someone's shoulders. I can't imagine my asking such a  question would be appropriate to my position  and until recently,  riding on someone's shoulders as an activity  in itself  wasn't something I considered. Such things were always  spur of the moment.

I'm not sure about riding someone to be  malicious or  how others would feel about it.
I was  somewhat  malicious when  I had  my ex husband  carry  me  that  time I mentioned.  I  wanted to at least  burden him because he  made me angry  but  since he was  also  my  boyfriend at the time, I  felt entitled  to sit on his shoulders.    I know several of  the ladies  in my office dislike the worthless one quite a  bit.  I could only  guess   whether they  would  sit on his shoulders to  cause him pain by  burdening him  and of course such a course of action would be out of place in the workplace.
Actually I  probably  shouldn't have allowed that girl  to use  him the way she did during inventory  but I  was  busy  and I  wanted  the  work  done. She  chose her  method of getting  her  job  done and  used her  underling in the manner she chose.  I  don't know if she enjoyed it or why she enjoyed it if she did. Her  position  in  sitting on  him varied .  At  some points she put her feel  behind him as  you  said  and sometimes  her feet were  hanging.  Maybe she liked making him  strain  or  maybe she was  indifferent.   As far as I'm  concerned   she at least managed to put him  to some use  and probably  got  more useful work out of him in a day than I have since I  hired him.

#23 2016-09-27 06:18:45

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

I understand that it's not something to just bring up among certain crowds.  Spur of the moment is always best but there are only certain situations in which it could occur regularly.  Is there a shoulder riding situation you have not tried yet that you would like to?  I've always wanted to have a professional dancer or cheerleader on my shoulders.

#24 2016-09-27 14:18:21

Audreyb

I haven't really considered  any specific  scenarios in  regard to  riding on  someone's shoulders as a  specific activity.   There was usually a  purpose in  sitting on  someone's shoulders , a game  such as chicken fighting in my  teens  or  because other girls were riding on boy's shoulders  etc.

I mentioned the time when I  was  touring south of the  border and  a man semi-seriously suggested hiring one of the local  peasants  to carry  him on  his shoulders  and when my feet were killing me, I honestly wished  that I had followed his  suggestion. I think that half way through  the tour,  if the man  had  negotiated such an  arrangement  I  would have hired one of them  too. The  peasants that I  saw  are very  poor and  used to  physical labor anyway and  if  the man who suggested it  could be carried, anyone I  hired would have a  much  easier time with  me  sitting on  him  than with  the  man.
Perhaps some  people would think it's  wrong to  exploit the  peasants  in their poverty that way  but my feet  hurt so  badly that I don't think I  would care.

There  was a  post here a while back  about some  almost slave  labor that harvested  salt in  Korea and might be  rented by  tourists who would be  carried  by these slaves.  I considered such  an arrangement and  how I  might feel  about it.  I'm  still not  sure how I would feel  or  even if  the story was  true.  But in  considering  from  a practical standpoint  , since  the  custom would have been  established and acceptable I would  likely go along  with it.  The  "slaves" would have someone sitting on their shoulders whether it was me or someone else. It would be their  lot in  life  and  their condition  would be  what it was whether I was the one being carried or another tourist.

#25 2016-10-01 20:57:14

guero
Male (22), US

Audreyb:

You seem to be pretty indifferent about shoulder rides in general, do you actually enjoy them?  I like my riders to be bossy but I also love knowing that they love it as well.

#26 2016-10-03 06:10:42

Audreyb

guero;

I wouldn't say I am indifferent  to riding on shoulders, but I'm inexperienced compared to others here and I'm  exploring both  the possibilities and my feelings. As I  said, I  tend to be assertive and "bossy"  in  most aspects of my life and I expect  anyone serving me in any  capacity  to perform  to my  satisfaction  whether I hire  this person  or they  choose to  serve for other motives.

For example,  if I  had  hired one of those peasants to  carry me on that tour as I mentioned, I would have expected the same obedience as I would of an employee  working in  my office  in regard to the  task he was  hired for. The  peasant would be my  beast of  burden ,taking my directions while I  was sitting on  him  just as a donkey would be.  Perhaps even more so   for the  Korean salt slaves  because they would be rented property who had  tourist sitting on them for  their  livelihood  and couldn't resign and  had no option to  disobey.

But a  voluntary carry is a different matter. He  can quit regardless  or  his motives  for being  my  carrier. While I  fully expect him to  obey and  sacrifice his  comfort to provide for  mine, I have to be  mindful of the fact that he chose  his position and can choose  to end his service at  no cost to himself.
I can feel that I  own him  while I'm sitting up  there, make demands that I expect him to obey  and be indifferent to  his discomfort  in  the process.  But  he can  stop  and I can't really force him to do anything.  So in such  cases my being 'bossy' is limited by  his willingness  to  let me.  Obviously some of the male riders here  might force  their  carrier down and sit on his chest  to make him  obey but  I couldn't do that with anyone  strong enough to  carry  me.  So it's  not indifference  but rather  reality.

Board footer