Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-08 18:44:59

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Question to the carriers and riders: Did anybody fall down ?

I still remember at the time at school when I had to carry during the usual hiking day a quite sturdy and tall girl.
She was not fat at all but tall and after my taste just heavy.
And the way up to the hill was steep and stony.
That girl sat without any concern full on my neck and she was even mocking at me feeling how strenuous ist was for me.
Then I suddenly stumbled and she was about to fall down.
Fortunately I could get her down on her feet so that she did not fall down to the ground.

In the riding arena from time to time this happened also, especially when there was heavier rider sitting on me or the rider just had lost the rhythm.
Serious injuries never did happen.
But I remember that some other girls with other mounts had quite painful falls including painful injuries.

#2 2021-09-08 19:44:05

luckyone840
Bonus member
Male (45), Italy

Re: Question to the carriers and riders: Did anybody fall down ?

Thank you Frederik for bringing up such important issue that no one ever talked about, I guess it depends on the carrier, since you are so used to be ridden, you know how to protect your rider. I was riding a sturdy bald guy with height of 176cm (5.9?), a few years back in his apartment in Milan, and he was very confident about carrying me, but at some point i fall together with him to the ground, and my chest smashed his bald head against the floor, and it was very very painful for me, for a minute I couldn't breath, I had chest ache for over a week, even now I would feel pain in my chest when in cold and humid weather! Shoulder riding is very fun, but be very careful riders and carriers!

#3 2021-09-09 04:35:52

Audreyb

It happens sometimes even  when the carrier is careful, especially if he's tired.  I consider the  carrier to be at fault in such mishaps assuming the rider isn't aware of the carrier being tired and  the potential danger.

That's why I don't like tucking my feet behind the carrier's back  when I'n sitting on him and I don't let him  hold my legs or tuck  them under his arms.

The carrier will naturally try to  reach out with his hands to break his fall  and often the riders feet will get tangled .  So the rider can't land on her/his feet and instead lands on her/his knees,which can be painful and could result in an injury.
If my feet are free, I can land feet first, possibly even dismount  completely, or at worse land sitting on the carrier  and cushion  my impact.
Since  the rider has no control if  the carrier is falling, I  think the carrier absorbing  the  brunt of the fall is fair because it was  his responsibility to keep his footing.

#4 2021-09-09 10:04:45

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Dear AudreyB

Having been very well trained since I was a boy by my stepmother and my two elder stepsisters and being now an instructor for horseback-riding I have my doubts if it is a good idea just letting legs down if you ride.
First of all your legs and feet will fall asleep after a quite short time.
The second point will be that in this position you do not have a firm grip of the neck between your thighs.
Having the neck in a firm grip of your thighs you can better keep balance.
The center of gravity always should be in the crotch of the rider.
With the pelvis the rider can keep his balance on his mount.

So if the legs are wrapped behind the back of the mount you have a much better balance with your pelvis.
The center of balance is the pelvis of the rider.
For e.g. Mistress Luna and all the other professional ladies have their legs wrapped at the back of their mount.
After my opinion this is the perfect sitting position of a rider.
The weight of the rider must rest in the body of the mount.
With hanging legs this is quite difficult.

If the mount is stumbling or falling down he will always instinctively with his hands try to avoid a hard landing on the ground and therefore he will also instinctively let go your legs so that the rider will land on her feet and legs.

Whenever I came into such a situation I was able to avoid an unpleasant fall of my riders.

#5 2021-09-09 15:02:40

Audreyb

frederik:

I disagree and your description doesn't  take into account  other riding styles, including mine.

One of the main reasons  I require my carriers to bow his head is so that my weight is not on my pubic bone and I'm sitting with as much of my buttocks  on his shoulders as is possible for the physique of the carrier. This also  allows more circulation  so that my legs  have better circulation.
My legs are not always  just hanging because I also readjust my seat by having the carrier take my feet  in his hands, to act  like stirrups to resettle myself on him. Since I'm directing him with nudges  and kicks from my heels,  having my feet even slighting mobilized is a problem.

Since I have experienced such  falls and managed to land either completely off the carrier  or relatively comfortably on him, I think I would prefer my style.

#6 2021-09-09 23:22:40

Ajax
Male (32), United States

This was my original concern. There’s always that small risk, but fortunately it hasn’t happened during any of my shoulder rides. It helps that I’m reasonably light while the carriers I’ve met are stable and experienced in giving rides. One of them would mostly look at the ground to ensure there’s no obstacles on the trail that could cause him to trip. It’s nice being able to trust the carrier while he ensures I have a safe enjoyable experience.

#7 2021-09-10 01:50:47

iwantshoulderridesfromgir
Male (42), Usa

I almost fell off a girl once. She thought she had me lifted. But she stumbled upon lifting me. Luckily she hadn't fully stood up yet. We both took a minute composed ourselves and then she lifted me again with ease. She was 5 10 125 so thinner but strong legged.I was 5 10 150 at the time. It ended up being an enjoyable shoulder ride across a parking lot. Everyone be careful out there.

#8 2021-09-10 14:08:40

gyulasziposz
Male (51), czech

Has anyone ever experienced shoulderride with feet in carriers hands and feet massage during shoulder ride?

#9 2021-09-28 12:49:53

Pickles
Female (32), USA

Yes, I have fallen before. It was my first time being carried, and he lifted me from the ground, as we both held onto a tree. But, then, as we tried taking each other's hands and stepping away from the tree, we lost balance and fell. I don't remember the actual fall, as it was a blur. And I just noticed that we were suddenly on the ground. He broke my fall, as I was on top of him. Amazingly, neither of us got hurt. His glasses were thrown off of his face, but other than that, we were fine, and we tried again many times after that and were all good.

Board footer