Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-15 20:30:58

freezeyourbrain
Male (23), USA

Tower Stories

Does anybody have any good tower/totem (3+ shoulder ride) stories?

My best one is trying to make a 3 person shoulder ride with me and my friends switching the positions and trying to hold it as long as possible. We used a fire escape ladder which was very helpful.

What are your stories? What positions on the tower were you on?

#2 2022-05-30 03:09:20

freezeyourbrain
Male (23), USA

Re: Tower Stories

Want to see if anybody else has stories?

#3 2022-05-31 18:05:16

caballito
Bonus member
Male (Almost 60 years old), South America

Wow!
The man who is lower must be very strong, and the woman who is higher must be light.

#4 2022-05-31 22:32:54

caballito
Bonus member
Male (Almost 60 years old), South America

In Chinese Lunar New Year several people form a dragon, in the windows those who are of Chinese descent present offerings and the dragon has to eat them. If the window is in a very high place (second or third floor), no human will reach there, so in the dragon's head 2, 3 or more people must ride on shoulders to reach the offering and the dragon eats it.

This is a practical case where more than 2 people riding on shoulders form a tower.

#5 2022-06-02 19:33:29

bubbleman
Male (22), United States

I've only been able to experience this twice, one experience I shared in the past here. One time me, my younger sister, and a neighbor formed a tower to get a ball down from his roof that we accidentally got stuck up there. He saw us out his window, me perched on her shoulders, struggling to reach the ball and came out to offer us help. He suggested he just get a ladder but I insisted that we almost had it and it was too much trouble to do that, it was quite an overgrown rural area we lived in and it'd take a while for him to get it from his shed and come back, he was a fairly old man and I really didn't want to trouble him, so I told him we just needed some extra height.

He laughed and suddenly tried to get my sister up on his shoulders by coming down beneath us but it was way too sudden and he didn't have the strength at his age to get us up like that, so I fell over from the sudden movement but caught myself. At this pointed he gave up on my idea and went to get his ladder but I had an idea I really wanted to try, so I very much insisted, my sister could carry us both and we'd have enough height. My younger sister would carry me all the time, it's where I first developed my love of riding on a girls shoulders from horseplaying and getting long rides through the fields on her shoulders as we were both quite strong from the work we would help our parents with. My sister was a bit scared she wouldn't be able to do it since she had never had to lift so much before though she was used to carrying me on her shoulders for fairly long periods of time already so she said she would be willing to try. My neighbor protested the idea at first but I eventually convinced him to at least lift me up onto his shoulders since it would be easier than getting the ladder still, he didn't even fully agree to the tower idea but my sister was more willing to try as she got up underneath him while we were sprawled against the wall already, stretching to try and grab the ball. I was up on my neighbors shoulders for about 5 seconds with support by leaning against the side of the wall when she managed to slowly get under us and lift us both up, it was very shaky and quite scary being up so high but exhilarating and I quickly reached to grab the ball not telling her so there could potentially be a few more seconds of time with this amazing experience, but she had to put us down after about 10 seconds.

If our neighbor was more willing I'm sure we could've had a more stable tower, and I even purposefully got the ball stuck in the same place later in hopes of getting another chance but he would just grab his ladder without arguing with me, I imagine since sexism is more common in poorer rural areas he was too prideful to ever be lifted by a younger girl again.

Board footer