Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-30 06:15:02

phantom
Bonus member
Male (27), United States

Has anyone else engaged in shoulder riding with family?

I know many users here have met up for shoulder rides or have significant others who ride/carry them. I'm curious as to how many people here have gotten their family members in on the act, or whether that even appeals to others.

A lot of my early shoulder riding exploration involved my cousin, female. As teenagers we would spend time together when her family was in town, and I would find myself attempting to get her on my shoulders quite a bit. In retrospect, I was probably not so subtle... Regardless, we had a handful of good moments even into young adulthood.

She, being about 5'2" and 130 lbs, sits very comfortably on my 6' and 180 lb. frame. Most of the time as teenagers I would tell her to get on my shoulders so I could show off my strength. After a bit of convincing, she would either climb on from on top of a bed, or I would bend down and slip my head through her legs. We didn't do this all the time, but we did it often enough that now, as adults, I can tell her to hop on "for old times' sake."

Unfortunately for me, her recent marriage has put a damper on this kind of playful relationship with her male cousin. I find this disappointing, because not only was she an excellent rider, but there were rare occasions when as teenagers I convinced her to let ME climb on top. She wobbled quite a bit, but ultimately she could hold my weight surprisingly well. I would love the opportunity to ride her now as an adult.

Does anyone else here have that kind of relationship with a family member?

#2 2016-09-15 19:36:49

namaegaaru
Male (56), United States of America

Re: Has anyone else engaged in shoulder riding with family?

My sister was one girl with four brothers who loved to shoulder ride on all her brothers and said it was similar to riding a horse. Only once do I remember her declining an offer to ride on my shoulders.

Sam

#3 2016-09-20 23:22:28

TotemNitro
Male, United States

Re: Has anyone else engaged in shoulder riding with family?

I was at my cousins house and found a long overcoat that my aunt had, so I convinced my cousin to let me ride on top of his shoulders and I put on my aunts overcoat to look like a tall person, the coat wouldn't button up on my knees though

Board footer