Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-17 11:47:34

mts
Male (25), Spain
Website

Trainning to get staminna for riding?

I wonder if any of you has a specific trainning to get more stamina and endurance for riding, shoulder? back? core? what is the key for that? I know people that can move 100 kg in press and then after 5 minuts of ride get tired, and thin guys that are not more than 70kgs that can have girls of 50-55kg for 10 or more minuts.

#2 2015-06-17 12:51:01

trigger
Male (38), India

Re: Trainning to get staminna for riding?

I don't know why these days, i am not able to carry girls for more time, and when they are on my shoulders, i feel like putting them off, even light girls.

My body has become very weak in last one year, due to all junk food, and its now effecting everything i believe...i am also overweight now..

mts wrote:

I wonder if any of you has a specific trainning to get more stamina and endurance for riding, shoulder? back? core? what is the key for that? I know people that can move 100 kg in press and then after 5 minuts of ride get tired, and thin guys that are not more than 70kgs that can have girls of 50-55kg for 10 or more minuts.

The Horse

#3 2015-06-17 22:14:52

bergt
Bonus member
Male (57), Finland

I believe I can give you answer (my opinion)

if man has big muscless, he has much power so he can easily lift much weight and carry heavy loads but big muscles needs much oxygen so big muscle man can't stand long time heavy work.

Here in Finland, near where I live are every year woman carry world championship games and never any big muscle men has managed. In the beginning they can lead but soon they are far behind.

I remember how Tina found really big strong man. He praised his strong legs and strong arms. He could easily lift Tina from ground when he was down on kneels and got up like he had no weight on shoulders even Tina weight 100 kg. Tina was so happy, she tought she get good ride but just after 2-3 minutes man breath a lot, hardly could get air and just could say I CAN'T ANYMORE.... and he collapsed down! Tina was dissapointed - and she really facesit man as revenge and her own pleasure :-D

I laugh and I said to him that you weight 145 kg, you are heavy weight lifting man (can lift 180 kg), I'm only 100 kg and I can lift from ground only 105 kg but I let you see I can carry Tina 12 minutes. Even I was much more weak as he was, I could carry Tina 4 times longer - but I couldn't lift her up from ground if I was down. Man said to me "try to lift her up from ground" so competition was 1-1 ;-)

I think the most efective way to get good exercise is SKING. You get power in hands, legs, good condition because sking is very hard if you ski fast. Uphill skiing is very hard and you get toughness. Running is bad for legs but skiing is very good and you don't get hurt. Also weight lifting combined skiing is good choice.

Finnish skier Jari Isometsä (https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jari_Isomets%C3%A4 (New Window))
took part in woman carry world championship games some years ago. He weight about 65 kg and he carry woman who weight about 65-70kg. He run the whole area so fast as he ever could, same speed all the time. He didn't won because some couples run faster but it was close. Jari is so short that he could run so quickly but he wasn't tired at all after competition like he hadn't run anything!

#4 2015-06-18 00:06:41

alberto
Male (23), Spain

I have been interested in this topic for a long time.

After trying many different things, my conclusion is a training program based in three different modules:

MODULE 1: Becoming stronger. This module will give you the ability to lift a heavy woman easily from the ground to your shoulders.
Three times a week, do five sets of deadlifts. In each set, perform only one rep, lifting everytime allmost as much weight as you can handle. Try to increase how much you lift in 5 kg every two weeks. Make sure you warm up before this, and do it with perfect technique. Between sets, rest for three minutes. If you don't know how to perform a safe deadlift, get an instructor to teach you or learn it in youtube. This is all you need to get stronger. Don't get your body tired doing push ups, squats, etc ...

MODULE 2: Developing cardio endurance and muscular endurance in your legs.
On the same days that you are deadlifting, but after deadlifting; do 8 sets of sprints. Start by sprinting 30 seconds and resting between sprints three minutes. Every week, substract five seconds to the amount of time you rest between sprints. When there is no more time to substract, start adding five seconds to the amount of time you sprint.

MODULE 3: Developing muscular endurance in your neck. This is the most important part if you want to be able to carry girls for a longer time. You will need a hear harness. You can see what this item is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_OclIpaEcg (New Window)

Use the harness only once a week. Do not use it more than once a week or it will work against you. When you use it, do three sets, resting for seven minutes between sets. In each set, do as many reps as you can, doing them very slowly. If a set takes longer than 90 seconds, increase the weight you are using. You will see this workout will increase greatly the time you can carry a girl on your shoulders.

MODULE 4 (OPTIONAL): If you want to develop your shoulders, chest and arms for aesthetics, you can do this module. This will not affect your ability to carry girls. On the days your are deadlifting and sprinting, add also a single set of push ups and chip ups. In this set, do as many reps as you can. Fight the impulse to workout more, as this would work against you.

SUPPLEMENTATION: Try creatine monohidrate and condroitin glucosamine. This will help your muscles and your joints.

I have given this a lot of thought, and these are my conclusions.

Board footer