Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-10 19:32:57

phantom
Male (33), United States

I promise, there's a point to this long exposition...

I am currently studying to be a psychologist.  In one of my classes today, the professor lectured over Ivan Pavlov's training of dogs.  The talk about classical conditioning led to this conclusion:  When a person has a great amount of happiness or has fun doing something, dopamine is released in the brain, and they will want to repeat the activity.  Often, things the person saw or did during the activity have the same reaction on the brain, even when the activities occur by themselves.  Example: As we are spending the day together, I have an extremely special time with my girlfriend.  During that day, we went to see a movie, ate dinner, and spent time together talking in a park.  Now, whenever I see a commercial for the movie we saw, the feelings of closeness come rushing back to me, and I remember the special time we had together.

HERE IS WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS:
Everybody in this group enjoys shoulder riding, whether that is actually riding, being ridden, or just witnessing it happen.  We were most likely not born this way; rather, something in our past must have put it in our heads that shoulder riding is an enjoyable, maybe even erotic activity.  Somewhere along the way, we were engaging in an activity that we found pleasurable or erotic that also involved riding.  I find it hard to remember a specific instance where that happened (I remember being fascinated by riding as early as the first grade), but maybe some of you guys know what I'm talking about and can remember how it all started for you?

My apologies for blathering.

-~Phantom~-

#2 2007-10-11 04:07:36

louie_sr
Male (36), Austria

Re: I promise, there's a point to this long exposition...

Hi Phantom,

no need to apologize for anything, this is an interesting post!

So you study psychology. Is it your first year, I suppose, since you are (still?) seventeen?

I also used to think about the "trigger" of my interest in shoulder rides and also asked several members of this community in email discussions what their start to this liking was.
As for me I didn't manage to find a real answer. I know that whenever I saw a shoulder ride it took my attention. Since my early years of a school kid the interest got stronger, I know that riding girls (in any way) always fascinated me. I suppose this is a common thing for many wom ridees or those who just want to watch the rides.
But in fact I never gave a shoulder ride until New Year's Eve 2000. That was the year I got my computer and internet access and I soon discovered that not only shoulder riding was more common than I thought but also that I wasn't alone with my special interest. Than I luckily discovered Scottys ulimateshoulderridinggroup on yahoo and was more than happy to get in contact with people who seemed to have just the same interest as me (Vaggelli, Scotty, Jill, Travis and many more over the years). Since last year I lost my shyness and started to give more than only the average of two rides a year. So far I gave 36 girls rides on my shoulders and 25 of them were girls I never saw before or again after that ride.
However, the input with Pavlov is a fascinating idea. A suggestion we all should give a second thought. Probably Jeff did succeed with his female friend because he went to concerts where bands would play she really liked. So she remembers the good time on his shoulders in an even more intense way.

Thank you Phantom!

Regards, Louie

#3 2007-10-11 05:40:17

phantom
Male (33), United States

Actually, I'd forgotten to change my age stat after my birthday.  I'm 18 now.
Thanks for the good word, Louie.  I've always liked the way the mind worked, and I just thought it would be interesting if anybody could share any specific examples from their youth which either started or reinforced their fondness for riding.
Something that came to my mind during the past couple of hours involved one of my cousins.  She is the same age as me, and we did a bit of shoulder-riding as grade-schoolers.  We would sit in front of her parents' large mirror, and I would get on her shoulders, and she would stand up and walk around a little bit.  I would do the same for her.  In my mind, I believe that the closeness between me and my cousin carried over into the riding, which I eventually generalized to include all shoulder riding.
Our rides continued until the age of about 15, at which point I had come to fully enjoy riding.  The entire concept of a 15 year old girl willingly giving a 15 year old guy a ride on her shoulders still fascinates me today, and I'm grateful for the experience.
Conditioning... it's powerful, I tell you.

-~Phantom~-

#4 2007-10-12 09:17:17

glen1writer
Bonus member
Male (49), Switzerland

When I was younger I also used to give shoulder rides to my cousin during summer holidays. Ones in August our two families met in a nice town near a beautiful lake. Me and my cousin spent most of our time on the lakeshore. The shortest way to the lake was through a forest. One day on our way back home my cousin asked me to carry her saying she was tired. I agreed and squatted a bit preparing to give her a piggyback ride. But she asked me to make a deeper squat. Instead of getting on my back she sat on my neck. I stood up slowly holding her thighs and moved on. Walking along the forest road I had mixed feelings. On one hand I was just carrying my cousin but on the other hand I had a nice brunette girl on my shoulders who was about the same age and the same weight as me. I put her down at the end of the forest path. The next couple of days she asked me to do the same. The day before the departure I gave her a shoulder ride both to the lake and back. It was fun for both of us

#5 2007-10-12 15:09:52

phantom
Male (33), United States

I know what you mean about the mixed feelings.  When my cousin and I first started riding, we were six or seven, much to young to notice any semi-erotic feelings that may have resulted from the riding.  As we got older, I never found myself with any erotic feelings for my cousin, but only the appreciation of having a nice-looking girl carry me on her shoulders.

Board footer