Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-30 03:12:40

vageli
Male (52), Canada

We do it my way,or I am not putting pics anymore..

Dear members,

No one seems to take me serious in here about old and repeated photos..

I have asked members to search for other search terms,but no one has or will it seems..I always get the same things said to me,like where do we search,or what search terms should I use..or other things asked ..The bottom line is,after asking for members to search,ZERO members have searched anything new with other search terms, other than older repeated search terms like shoulders or chicken fights..There is NO EFFORT BY ANY MEMBERS..

so,what happens is,we get the same old photos over again..

Yes,we have talked about this for three weeks it seems..Yes,there are new members who have never seen the repeated photos..

This is what I am asking members now..

Any photo that someone puts in here,please do not put it in bonus albums..

The reason is,the pic you will put is almost guarantee a REPEAT..

So,put the photos in just a regular album..An old repeated photo has NO REASON or RIGHT to be put in a bonus album..

This should not be hard to understand..

how do we know if this pic is repeated or not?

Easy,
unless someone finds a new pic in webshots or flickr,we can bet this pic is a repeat for sure in webshots searching for shoulders or chicken fights..

So here is the deal,
if you guys do not do this,I will not be putting up any more pics..

Or,we can do this...

No one is a bonus member..Period..Unless they can put a new pic,they lost status of bonus member..

I also like this idea..this will really force members to search for new things..

You guys can post a million pics if you want that are all repeated..It will not bother me one bit if they are in just the regular albums..This way I won't have to see them or complain..

Now,the clock is ticking..If I see no repeats in bonus album,I will post each day new pics..If I see guys putting pics in bonus album,knowing they are old,I will not post..

Nick,

I think it is time you have to speak out..I know we cannot force members or tell them what to do,but I feel this is the only way for now,that we don't confuse new pics and old pics..

New pics..

Let's see..ME always..

Gossobo..He puts new pics under search terms shoulders or chicken fights..At least he does put a new pic,and not put old pics..

Other than that,there is not much hope that I see..

So once again,I wish for members to post all photos in the regular albums,and leave the bonus albums to me and just a few people who really do care about putting in new pics..

Hopefully this week I can see an impovement..

No,I'm not a dictator,I just want to see an improvement..

Vaggelli

#2 2007-07-30 10:26:54

Nick
Admin
Male (56), Sweden

Re: We do it my way,or I am not putting pics anymore..

This is what I would call a 'subject repeat'... and I'm getting rather tired of it now.

Again - everybody is posting picture repeats - even you Vaggelli - and we must live with it as it cannot be prevented. Yes, repeats are not good but most members actually do not mind much.

Yes, as you suggest, perhaps you should take a break and leave this community for a while because you will most likely see more repeats in the week(s) to come.

Nick

#3 2007-07-30 13:36:45

scottydl
Admin
Male (62), Australia

Vaggelli - I have just put up another 203 pictures, and I hope most are not repeats, but the likelihood is that a couple are. It cannot be avoided. I tried to cover this subject with you before - I know many people in here are only doing the bare minimum in order to gain access to the bonus albums, but some participation is surely better than none. I am not going to stand here and tell you the current system in this group is perfect, but it sure the hell beats the old days of the Yahoo groups I am positive of that. Back then we had me opening new groups every couple of weeks, loading up 300-400 pictures, waiting for non-existent contributions and then moving on once the picture space was full. In the meantime, allowing access to hundreds of free-loaders, sending people full resolution copies of pictures etc etc. The participation rate is far better in this community than any of those hopeless Yahoo groups, if there is any still left that is. That is where the real free-loading leeches hang out, not here. At least people make some sort of effort here.

Look - I know what you are talking about with regards to those obvious search terms like chicken fights or shoulders  -those terms have been used many times before in sites like Webshots & Flickr and there will never be an old picture under those search terms that we will not have seen. BUT - There is still thousands of pictures that are waiting to be discovered in these sites like Webshots - but does anyone have the time to wade through 26 million pics labelled "Summer" or the 4 million labelled "beach". Just as an experiment, I went into Webshots this morning, typed in the word "beach" under "Newest First" and started to gradually look through all the pictures. All 162,000 of them - and this is only one months worth!! After about 1 1/2 hours, I reached Page 500, and already found 3-4 3 Highs and a half a dozen shoulder rides. None have been posted here before. So it is obvious that even you have not done that search term yourself yet. And also - that very cool old 1969 3 high of kids from an old vacation that you yourself posted in the 3/4 high bonus album (and also saying "how cool" it was) well - it was originally put up in our old smartgroup over 2 years ago. I remember putting it there myself. It was a great old picture and I thanked the lady at the time for allowing me to re-post it as well. I also E-Mailed you about one of the other 3-4 high pictures as well that you posted, because I thought it was great and I was looking for more information, but sadly, you did not respond. I could sense the anger in the posting you did this morning and that is why you did not respond obviously, but I am still not sure why? What have I done wrong? We have discussed this subject about picture repeats previously. Please tell me what you want me to do about it? I can type the word "Summer" into the most recent pictures in Webshots and start looking through the 660,000 or so pictures put up in the past month under that search term - or I can do the same in Flickr. I can guarantee I will find something. Finding new pictures is very much a hit-and-miss proposition when using the Internet - it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Somehere along the way, there will be repeats amongst the thousands of pictures we come across every week. The world of the Internet is a massive size. I just don't know a better way for anyone. It would be nice to work to some kind of system if we could, but in a a group this size, and given the amount of pictures in different places at our disposal, I am not sure what system will work? I assume you have already searched certain time periods of certain sites and certain search terms -  but please tell me search terms that you want me to cover or haven't got the time to, and I will try and do it myself.

Vagelli - I do not want to lose you from here, but I am not too sure what your last posting was all about at all. This group itself is far bigger than any individual, whether it be me or you - especially in a place like this that is reliant entirely on what people can put into it. I hope this subject of picture repeats will not be raised again. Maybe if we spot an obvious repeat, someone can highlight this and they can be removed. I think people like Louie used to do this for us when he was around. Even then, I am a little reluctant, as doing something like that without notice can be a bit upsetting for someone who has gone to the trouble of contributing, even if it is only one picture.

Anyway, enjoy the latest lot of pictures - I will not make any more promises about when the next lot will be, because I just cannot predict it from week to week - but it will not be the last contribution I make. Patience is the virtue here. Vaggelli - Please stay with us, but think carefully before posting about this subject again. Take care my friend and I am sure you will find more amazing pictures, especially those with the older girls on top. I know how much you love those (so do I of course) All the best mate - and that applies to everyone here.

Regards

Scotty dl

#4 2007-08-04 17:21:12

Ladylifter
Male (49), United States

Vageli you are a good person and a valued member here but I think you have to understand that people do indeed make mistakes and repeats will occur.  It seems that the last guy that demanded everyone to be perfect with such anger was a German dictator in the 1930s and 40s who's name I need not mention! Why don't you just enjoy the group and have a good time cuz that's what's it's here for! Not to make you angry my friend! Just relax and have fun Vag! : )

#5 2007-08-04 21:12:14

vageli
Male (52), Canada

I'm not going anywhere..

I just needed to see what goes on from a distance in our group,that is all..

I got some more pics..I probably would have searched more,but work will be getting more in my way through those awfull hours they have given me..I did state this to you guys last month..

Scotty,

even if I am angry or not,I would still reply to anyone that  asks me something..

I do remember now that photo of the 1969 (3 high) you had posted a couple years ago..I was not sure at the time,but now when you mentioned it,I remember..I had it in my computer for a while..I finnally searched other photos that I have in a older folder..These photos that I may show you guys may have repeats..I'm not sure though,I will hear it from members if they are..

However,I did not notice that I had to reply to you Scotty ..I am trying to see where you posted this on the message boards.. haha

Forgive me..If you had asked me about a certain photo,or photos,forget it..I don't write anything down anymore..I hope this is what I am suppose to answer..is this right?

As for your photos..you know I tell it like it is..

They were good,but were not your best..Hey they all can't be a 12 out of 10 on a scale as the way you have shown us in the past:)..

We have a holiday called civic holiday here in Canada this monday..I will have a long weekend off..I will have time to search much more and put up photos..

Nick,

I have another oppinion as how we can improve posting photos on here..

It may sound childish or silly,but it could also be fun..

Trying to rate the best photos that are put up each week..Yes,we can also rate older repeated pics..

One photo wins the title..It could be in any album..

Where is Louie who liked asking us to vote on things?haha..

anyways,just a thought as some way we can make things more fun around here..

Vaggelli

Board footer