Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-28 16:41:50

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

Comfortable shoulder riding position

Hi everyone! I had some thoughts after finding this short illustrated guide on the web: http://bit.ly/2dTmGNi (New Window)

What is the best shoulder riding position?

My answer is "whatever is comfortable for the rider". As a submissive carrier I love the concept of sacrificing my own comfort for my rider's, and dedicating every effort to their enjoyment.

I find interesting how the guide recommends that the carrier's neck is bent forward as much as possible, to create a natural saddle and support the rider's butt. All carriers know how hard this position can be for their neck, especially if the rider's legs are hanging in front. But isn't some discomfort and pain justified by the satisfaction of providing the best service to the person astride you?

I would love to hear thoughts / opinions from both riders and carriers.

#2 2016-10-31 14:05:18

Audreyb

Re: Comfortable shoulder riding position

brad's shoulders:

Thank you.  That was exactly the point I was making in a previous  post.
When  it's just a matter of sitting on  someone's shoulders or  lift  someone on your shoulders for  the  purpose of reaching something or some  brief or  practical  service, there is  no  need to be  concerned about  the  comfort of  the person  on  top.

But  if the  purpose of the activity is  the activity  itself, the  carrier should  make it as near  to  a  horseback riding   type of experience as possible.  A  rider should be provided as  comfortable a seat  on the  carrier  as the  carrier can  provide and that  requires  providing as  much of a  proper  seat  to  support  his or her  buttocks as  the  possible.  Sitting on shoulders  with only the  back  of the thighs being supported  isn't  really comfortable or stable and interferes with  the  circulation in the  rider's legs.  The  discomfort of the  carrier  should be  very  much  secondary to the  comfort of the rider  just as  the consideration of the  horse should be secondary to that of the  person  sitting on him.
The rider  need  not be  excessively  cruel in  this regard of course  but  he/she  should expect and even  demand that  the carrier obey and commit  to the service he is  providing.  This, in  my opinion ,  should include suffering  some personal  discomfort as well  as bearing the  rider's weight  as long  as the  carriers  physicality can reasonably  endure.  The rider  has a  right to assume  superiority over his/her  beast of  burden. Anything less  detracts  from  the experience.

#3 2016-10-31 17:16:24

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

Audrey - If you ever allow me the honor, my shoulders will give you a long and most comfortable ride.

What you said makes absolute sense to me. There are many ways to "lift and carry" people, but if we are talking about "riding" and "being ridden", then the rider should be in charge and the carrier at her/his service.

Not only the position with bent neck provides comfort and safety to the rider. It also looks and feels very humbling for the carrier, reinforcing his subservient role. I also like to use my hands as stirrups for the rider's feet, which adds to her/his comfort and control.

#4 2016-10-31 20:16:35

Audreyb

brad's shoulders:

Thank you  for confirming that.  Being carried on someone's shoulders  or  lifted on someone's shoulders may be  as  arbitrary as  those involved decide to consider it.  But  to  my  mind  "straddling" someone's  neck  while supporting  your weight on your thighs  is  not "sitting"  on  his shoulders.   If you were  riding on his back on all fours you would be sitting on his  back and  being properly supported because  your buttocks would be resting on him. Why should sitting on his shoulders be different or less  comfortable than it has  to be. 
I tend  to  not use the word  "mounting"  because  I  find it  carries a  sexual innuendo  that I  prefer not to associate  with the  shoulder riding/sitting activity. Other people  might feel  differently about  such things.

#5 2016-10-31 23:35:40

checkmateguy
Male (57), England

I habitually use the word 'mounting' when describing the act or moment of getting on a human pony's shoulders. Unlike Audreyb I find shoulder-riding erotic. That's the attraction of shoulder-riding to me. I'm lucky enough to have a long-term regular pony-guy. I 'mount' him by getting him to stand in front of a suitable mounting point (usually a large fallen tree truck if I'm going to shoulder-ride him outdoor through the trees in a forest).

When he's standing there in the correct position, I can just spread my thighs and slip down onto his shoulders. When I do that I feel him sag as he takes my weight. The moment of the actual mount is extremely erotic. As soon as I'm sat astride his shoulders I know, as his rider, I have him under my control and that I'm going to have an enjoyable shoulder-ride.

On the subject of the correct shoulder-riding position, if I have a well-built human pony I do like to be lifted up by the pony. In fact I have been known to make a pony-guy lift and lower me umpteen times for no other reason than I love the sensation of being lifted and lowered on a pony's neck and making a pony do that.

As for the actual technique of being lifted up by the pony onto his shoulders, I like to stand with my feet spread and with my hands resting on my hips. The pony then bends down behind me and thrusts his head between my thighs. Then, adopting a crouching position, the pony lifts me and my weight by hoisting me up on the back of his neck as I stand there. He uses his legs, not his back, to lift me. He lifts me by using the back of his neck like a crane. So I'm lifted up slowly by the back of his neck pressing up against my groin, with my legs splayed out until he's stood upright when, at that point, I can tuck my feet in behind his ribs ready to ride him.

As for the shoulder-riding sitting position, it is safer and more erotic to sit well forward on the pony's neck. I like to wear tight blue denim jeans so that I press my crotch fully up to the back of the pony's neck and enjoy that erotic sensation. As Brad and Audreyb say, in that sitting/riding position, the pony's head is pushed or forced forward and maybe and often is painful for the pony. But this enables the rider (or a rider like me) to enjoy an erotic shoulder-riding experience during which the rider can feel that he (or she) is dominating the pony and therefore able to ride the pony to achieve the greatest possible gratification. After all, isn't the whole point of shoulder-riding to enjoy an erotic experience?

#6 2016-11-01 17:15:44

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

Thanks Audreyb and Checkmateguy for your comments!

From my point of view as a submissive carrier, I always wish to provide the best service to my riders. They can be more or less dominant, they can prioritize pure comfort or a more erotic ride... whatever they prefer, my job is to ensure their satisfaction.

And guess what? Their satisfaction is exactly what makes the experience enjoyable for me, motivating me to endure the strain and discomfort of serving another person as their beast of burden.

#7 2016-11-07 06:25:08

Audreyb

checkmateguy: 

I didn't imply that shoulder riding isn't or shouldn't be erotic.  I think it should be whatever the rider and carrier choose it to be  and it may be erotic for either the rider or the  carrier  or indifferent for one and erotic for the other.
I simply prefer  not to use the word  mount personally and  prefer to use the word  sitting .It's simply my personal  preference in my choices of words.

As I have stated in previous  posts, I prefer to  see the rider as the  master and the carrier as the servant . In  serving,  the carrier's discomfort  and strain should be very much  secondary to the  comfort of the person  sitting on him. To me this doesn't in itself mean that cruelty must be involved. I simply feel that for the experience of  the activity to be real and appreciated ,  the carrier should be as much in the role of a  beast of  burden as possible.  This would  by  nature put the rider in charge and his or her desires superior to  the carrier.

Unless I'm mistaken, you find it erotic  to be in control of the  man you're sitting on and to some extent you enjoy the sensation of his exertion between  your  thighs and under your buttocks .   When riding on a man I felt very much the same  and I also  rather enjoyed my male riding  companions dominance of his  carrier. It was  in fact  obvious to me that he felt very much the way you expressed your enjoyment .

The only place we  seem to differ is in  our choices of apparel while sitting on our carriers. I would find denim  jeans more  restricting than softer clothing and I find that bare legs allow for a more secure hold on the carrier's head and neck when  I'm  sitting on him.  This is not a  point I  would debate  with you    in that you are more experienced in in  this activity than I  am.

#8 2016-11-09 08:16:12

STUDEKM
Male (36), INDIA

I agree sitting on the neck will be uncomfortable to the carrier.
it will be enjoyable for the rider.

I prefer to ride on the neck

Carriers and ponys mail me at studekm@gmail.com

#9 2018-12-14 10:37:40

Pickles
Female (32), USA

I feel most comfy sitting on my carrier's neck more than on his upper back and shoulders. I feel more supported and secure on his neck, and sitting more on his upper back and shoulders kind of hurts my bottom, which I don't know why, considering he is all muscle there. But I enjoy riding on him, and so I will go with either way

#10 2021-07-26 17:38:18

frederik
Male (40), Germany

Pickles wrote:

I feel most comfy sitting on my carrier's neck more than on his upper back and shoulders. I feel more supported and secure on his neck, and sitting more on his upper back and shoulders kind of hurts my bottom, which I don't know why, considering he is all muscle there. But I enjoy riding on him, and so I will go with either way

After ally my experiences with quite a few riders they all sat with their crotch as much as possible on my neck.
My shoulders they only needed for a support of there buttocks.
The main weight instead was concentrated on my neck and with their thighs they all kept neck and naps in a tough grip for keeping their balance.
So it is absolutely the lady says.

Board footer